Deleted

weird behavior of mod:alt macro

I have a common mod:alt macro that alone it does a heal and on mod:alt it does a ranged attack. Now the thing is it doesn't let me use it when the cursor is above a unit frame, grid, or other. I also use clique for the same key (without though the mod:alt, just for the main one), if that affects it.

Slightly confused. What is the macro? and is this macro bound to a mouse button or a key bind? Which part of it doesn't it let you use? Any of it? or just the mod:alt part?

Key bindings only work when passed directly to the WorldFrame without being intercepted by any frame widgets. Clique binds the spell directly to the raid frames' button4/5 attribute.

If you are already using Clique I believe there is a section in there for hostile units.
    Last edited by lawomous; 2014-09-11 at 08:39 PM.

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

Have you tried adding the @mouseover conditional to the macro?
    Last edited by lawomous; 2014-09-12 at 04:52 AM. Reason: fixed

Deleted
    It appears to be stricly related to Clique. Only when clique has a macro on e.g. letter "g" an alt+g will not work when over a raid frame/other frame of player.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lawomous View Post
    Slightly confused. What is the macro? and is this macro bound to a mouse button or a key bind? Which part of it doesn't it let you use? Any of it? or just the mod:alt part?

Key bindings only work when passed directly to the WorldFrame without being intercepted by any frame widgets. Clique binds the spell directly to the raid frames' button4/5 attribute.

If you are already using Clique I believe there is a section in there for hostile units.

What do you mean? I don't see a general clique option on hostiles.

Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    What do you mean? I don't see a general clique option on hostiles.
    This, from the addon's page:

Managing click-sets
    default - This set is always active on registered unit frames, unless overridden by another binding-set.
    ooc - This set is only active when you are out of combat. Once you begin fighting, these bindings will no longer be active, regardless of what other bind-sets are selected.
    friend - This set is only active when you are activating a binding on a friendly unit, i.e. one you can assist.
    enemy - This set is only active when you are activating a binding on an enemy unit, i.e. one you can attack.
    pritalent - This bind-set is only active when you are using your primary talent spec, regardless of what other bind-sets are selected.
    sectalent - This bind-set is only active when you are using your secondary talent spec, regardless of what other bind-sets are selected.
    hovercast - These bindings will be available whenever you are over a unit frame, or a unit in the 3D world.
    global - These bindings will be always available. They do not specify a target for the action, so if the action requires a target, you must specify it after performing the binding.
    I don't know much more than that I have only used Clique a very long time ago.

Deleted
    Alright, thanks I'll take a look. +1 rep.

- - - Updated - - -

OK that appears to do nothing. Even when the set is completely "disabled" it won't let it work.

it still won't let an alt:bind work that already has a clique bind (without alt).
    Last edited by mmocdc260e8e2a; 2014-09-12 at 06:08 PM.

I was thinking to use it, not to disable it, since you want it to do a ranged attack.

Deleted
    Any setting doesn't change the behavior. If clique has ANY mode of 'set' (even the"disabled" set) a mod:alt macro does not work when the cursor is over a player frame, when clique has no mod:alt set, but it has a clique bind for the regular (non-mod) key.