Thread: My WW3 theory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabblexthree View Post
    If they were to attack from space, They would not use nukes or laser. They would drop long metal rods that would have the force of nukes after reaching terminal velocity.
    That's very specific for something that is complete fantasy. ICBMs already launch their warheads into space, by the way.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Descense View Post
    Note that this is just speculations...kinda like nostardamus.

*Sern scientist diskover a dark matter - The likelyhood of Cern discovering is redundant to discuss seeing as we have no idea how it works or what it is.
    *They use this stable dark matter too ignore earths gravity - We can't know if dark matter can even be stabilized or if it isn't already steady
    *Other science stuff - Rigth
    *Flying cars show up And disappear the same day, seeing as we have airplanes to do the task of this, and the need for flying cars is close to nill.
    *Us starts building the 1.st space battleship - Something that would be a direct threat to the world, and any discovery of this would lead to immense trouble
    *Battleship is in space and can destroy every place on earth by either using railgun (large project that are resistant to earth atmosfere) and laser cannons. - So it'd need to be the size of a small moon to carry such a device. Also you might wanna read up on railguns and lasers, neither are particular good at destroying anything.
    *Other countrys protest and nothing happens - Sure... Let's imagine that would ever happen
    *China hackers manage to get the ship blueprint and now the every contry in world starts building one (they sell information). - As greedy as China may seem, selling a trumph card like that is highly unlikely
    *More SB come out of the planet surface - I can't even...
    *A staged terrorist attack happens on russan SB - Highly unlikely seeing the security on such a project would be immense
    *Russa declares a war on America - Now there is something that is rather possible
    *Some nukes are launched, but they are destroyed by a shield system - So what happened to all the destroyers in space? Where they decommissioned?
    *Shield system gets destroyed by russan SB - By what?
    *Nukes run all over the place. Hardly any country is safe - Nukes aren't darts that are throw in the air, any country that is not a threat or isn't involved is not going to be targeted, and hence not hit.
    *A nuclear winter happens and crew in space cannot attack the targets on ground - Why not? Space surrounding earth isn't affected to such a degree by earths atmosphere.
    *China launched 10 SB in space and destroys everything - You just said they couldn't
    *Due to 2 major sides destroying themselfs (and their allys), they have a easy way to force other countrys to their rule (those that cant afford the war). - China not being involved with the struggle between the two, is almost impossible
    *WW3 ends with china in victory and peace time starts - There is nuclear winter, earth is apparently destroyed by either nukes or space battleships... I can't see how all this is peace
    *China sends first colonists to mars to terraform it - They just destroyed earth, yet apparently have all the resources to terraform another planet?
    *Kids from colonists hate mars and want to go back home - They don't even know what earth is like!
    *Revolution happens and because earth is so far away the mars chinese form their own nation - Seeing how the current China is, I highly doubt that could happen.
    *WW4 Mars attacks earth due to a lack of everything - Earth was destroyed, you remember that right?

What do you think. Can something like this happen. I went with china as victor due to being the richest and good at copying everything. America is world police as always. And i added russa on a list due to aggresion. When it comes to war....there is always a new tehnology and the space battleship is out of reach of every weapon on earth (nukes are usles in space).
    0/10, rewrite, read up on actual science, history, society, human behaviour and check your facts etc. etc. etc.. Though it was quite good to shoot down all those points
    Last edited by mmoccd6b5b3be4; 2014-09-11 at 05:01 PM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Earth attacked by people living on Mars?

That's no moon, it's a GUNDAM!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbleem View Post
    That's very specific for something that is complete fantasy. ICBMs already launch their warheads into space, by the way.
    They do..but can get intercepted. Oh and if we talk already abauth objects from space:

Sometimes you would prefer to hit only military targets. Industry and other stuff can get captured.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmatrix View Post
    Earth attacked by people living on Mars?

That's no moon, it's a GUNDAM!
    A Gundam on earth would be more likely than some things in that story.

My reaction is that you were higher than a kite when you wrote this.

Please confirm/deny, and be honest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gotta love the imagination of people on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbleem View Post
    The idea behind a metal rod you drop from orbit is that there is little to know fall out from doing so. You get immense destructive power from kinetic force but none of the horrible radioactive fall out you would get from Nuclear weapons.

Obviously getting such heavy payloads into orbit and having them ready to use is another thing entirely!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    The idea behind a metal rod you drop from orbit is that there is little to know fall out from doing so. You get immense destructive power from kinetic force but none of the horrible radioactive fall out you would get from Nuclear weapons.

Obviously getting such heavy payloads into orbit and having them ready to use is another thing entirely!
    Actually the metal rods were scrapped because they were mostly worthless compared to anything we already had, and to reach even the lowest level of nuclear bombs (the ones used in WW2), you need rods that are about 400-500 meters long and 3-4 meters wide, and weigh several tons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemposs View Post
    Actually the metal rods were scrapped because they were mostly worthless compared to anything we already had, and to reach even the lowest level of nuclear bombs (the ones used in WW2), you need rods that are about 400-500 meters long and 3-4 meters wide, and weigh several tons.
    Small metal astroids would be easier to use.

15+ Year Old Account
    I had difficulties proceeding after reading "science stuff". It's all down to "I do not trust scientists and whatever they discover will be exploited in absolute secrecy by the US and only for military purposes. Period."
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

Quote Originally Posted by Lemposs View Post
    Yeh I didnt elaborate on that as im just going over the general idea (hence my text saying the idea behind it).

10+ Year Old Account
    Just for the fun i remade it into a version of how a man with visions in lets say 15. century would write:

*A man opens a pandoras box
    *The power of god gets stolen by a man
    *The man uses the power for good
    *Flying stones cross the sky
    *A nation on the other side of the sky builds a flying galley
    *A flying galley flys into the sky and keeps the peace in world
    *The world is unhappy
    *A man of the east takes the jewel from the sky ship
    *More and more flying galley gravitate from the sky
    *The red bear attacks another red bear
    *Red bear trows a rock at the eagle
    *A shoting stars are all over the place, but they disapear when hit by another star
    *Bear of the red blood eats the star
    *Dark suns rise everywhere. No one is safe.
    *A winter so devestating is preventing soldiers to fight
    *New 10 shiny galleys penetrate the sky. But this time they are yelloy as the sun.
    *A man of qin forces his hand on a eagle, bear and their friends
    *Zhongguo hides his 3 fingers
    *God of war accepts the sacrafice
    *Descendants refuse the seas of red sands
    *The cycle of gods end
    *Red dawn shows us 4 fingers

I know its not the best....but i am lazy .