Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Octa View Post
    You're in one of the best guilds in the world and you are an extremely high caliber player, I think you may be overestimating people getting to garrosh this late in the tier (I might be underestimating and they may have started raiding 3 months ago as well). Guilds who are just now getting to garrosh likely aren't co-coordinating vengeance at all, just taunt at 3 stacks cause that's when the debuff falls and have fun. People just getting to garrosh probably aren't the kind of players who push things like 1 healing/1 tanking, no matter how easy or hard it makes the fight. People getting to garrosh now probably have sub-par tanks, healers and DPS and the only thing that has brought them to be able to kill this fight is the 16ilvl upgrades and pretty close to max ilvl. I don't know any of these things but they are likely things for guilds just getting there now. Killing it by the 4th malice for guilds who are getting their first kill now is pretty unrealistic and fairly hard for me to believe.
    For guild who were capable of killing it 9 months ago, LONG before the double upgrades, is much less of a stretch. I would expect when you guys go to do it on 10 man it is pretty easy, even if you're on shitty(ish) alts and not sitting on the 585 ilvl a lot of guilds getting to garrosh now have.

I dunno, maybe I'm way off the mark here too and guild who are getting there now are better than I am giving them credit for. Totally possible.
    Might be - on the other hand, there's so much information and help available for people reaching garrosh in the past few months. Make a forumpost and someone will help you set up groups for Temple intermission, suggest best setups from your roster, etc - to think that people wouldn't somehow be told "do 1 tanks, it makes it alot easier" is pretty unlikely aswell. I mean, the only reason to ever bring two tanks (which we did for progress back in the day) was two specific points in the fight:
    Terrace intermission (more safety to pick up adds/not get 1 shot when spread over 2 targets)
    And
    Second empowered P3 whirl (making sure that tanks drop stacks before going into the whirl so it doesn't 1 shot the raid with a 600K hit). Both things you casually skip nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Might be - on the other hand, there's so much information and help available for people reaching garrosh in the past few months. Make a forumpost and someone will help you set up groups for Temple intermission, suggest best setups from your roster, etc - to think that people wouldn't somehow be told "do 1 tanks, it makes it alot easier" is pretty unlikely aswell. I mean, the only reason to ever bring two tanks (which we did for progress back in the day) was two specific points in the fight:
    Terrace intermission (more safety to pick up adds/not get 1 shot when spread over 2 targets)
    And
    Second empowered P3 whirl (making sure that tanks drop stacks before going into the whirl so it doesn't 1 shot the raid with a 600K hit). Both things you casually skip nowadays.
    Yeah some valid points for sure. Still think it is unlikely for a first kill, but I guess I did underestimate some. I might be jaded by the help thread I saw a while back where people were suggesting to use 3 minute CDs on pull so they would be "up for lust in p1 transition"; that's probably most likely now that I think about it.

I cant remember any rly close call wipe but 3-4% out of our 430 first wipes was the closest one to a kill. I remember us getting 6 Malice back then

Quote Originally Posted by Octa View Post
    Yeah some valid points for sure. Still think it is unlikely for a first kill, but I guess I did underestimate some. I might be jaded by the help thread I saw a while back where people were suggesting to use 3 minute CDs on pull so they would be "up for lust in p1 transition"; that's probably most likely now that I think about it.
    During progression, that was the right way to go (back when you'd get a guaranteed 2x ironstars). Now that you do it in 1x ironstar, you'll get 2 mins back up, so might need to save 3 mins :P.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have never wiped on 10m heroic garrosh

We had 1 wipe at 220k

Had a 400k'r in P4.

Personal best, if you will. DoTs ended up ticking him down to about 1.1m:

Vereesa formerly of Paragon and Depraved
    WCL

Quote Originally Posted by Vereesa View Post
    Personal best, if you will. DoTs ended up ticking him down to about 1.1m:

I remember seeing this during the race. Nailbiter