Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Omg what have they done!

After getting a late invite to the beta and checking how warlock's are i must say i'm in shock!

The "no casting while moving" in it's concept i might understand but with the loss of abilities its just ends up... empty.

Originally the warlocks were battle turrets. We were glued to the ground whenever we needed to do something but we had a huge arsenal of spells, powerful CC and good regeneration capabilities. While expansions succeeded we lost a big chuck of our arsenal but also received other abilities that changed our play-style but kept some depth and challenge to our class. We lost the arsenal but gained mobility.

Now they set us back to the turret play-style but didn't gave us back the arsenal to support it.

Playstyle wise at least in affliction and demo, the class just feels like empty.
    - Aff. is a 3 dot with a filler drain and haunt as a powerup. Without moving and having nothing else to do its just boring.
    - Loss of demon tanking takes a nice depth that demonology had. Even broken it still had its uses.
    - Demonbolt is a petty excuse for a lvl100 talent. Its powerfull but even if it was given from base i doubt most ppl would spend your demon form in 8 seconds with 4 casts to spend 2, 3 minutes refilling demonic power again? So why the hell do we have a demon form anw???
    - Debuffs are gone. Coming from a class that was "the debuffer" we finally got to a point were our debuffing capabilities resume to 3 dots. Would be interesting to make a list of all the abilities we lost to merges/talents/removals across expansions...

I understand that after having a big overhaul in MOP, we aren't receiving much attention but what we have now is a dumbed down, and incomplete class that doesn't give any challenge or pleasure to play.

This expansion is gonna be really entertaining... eating popcorns while reading all the forum drama that's coming.
    Last edited by Underscore; 2014-09-12 at 04:07 AM.

I'm pretty disappointed with my warlock. It feels empty, weak, lacking key spells to our survival. So sad they destroyed my favorite class. I'm gonna keep playing it though. Maybe it will get better with time.

Now go tell this to this guy. https://twitter.com/Celestalon Usually he is not listening though. Warlock on beta is a class for mentally retarded people.

I haven't enjoyed my Warlock since WoTLK ended. I miss 3.2 Affliction and I hate how every class has to have some type of class bar these days.

The sad thing is Blizzard still doesn't know they did a terrible job with this class for WoD.

Deleted
    Don't worry. They'll notice when the numbers for the class drop massively after MoP boosted them.

They pissed off a lot of old Locks with MoP changes. Now they piss the remaining ones off even more and drive the new crowd out of the class.

If I wasn't a Warlock player for over 10 years (US Beta Start) I'd find their lack of understanding amusing.

From the people talking about Warlocks on my B.net friends list, the guys I know who are actually GOOD at playing their Warlocks are having no issues.

The ones that only re-rolled Warlocks as FotM or for "LOL BIG DESTRO CRITS" are the ones complaining about the changes.
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

Quote Originally Posted by Xaragoth View Post
    Don't worry. They'll notice when the numbers for the class drop massively after MoP boosted them.

They pissed off a lot of old Locks with MoP changes. Now they piss the remaining ones off even more and drive the new crowd out of the class.

If I wasn't a Warlock player for over 10 years (US Beta Start) I'd find their lack of understanding amusing.
    People need driven from the class. MoP was World of Warlockraft and everyone flocked to the FoTM class. Flavor of the expac class. Locks were fine prior to MoP, and they'll be fine after.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pool of the Dead View Post
    From the people talking about Warlocks on my B.net friends list, the guys I know who are actually GOOD at playing their Warlocks are having no issues.

The ones that only re-rolled Warlocks as FotM or for "LOL BIG DESTRO CRITS" are the ones complaining about the changes.
    Exactly. Warlocks are not overpowered anymore and people feel like they're not L337 anymore. And caster mobility without a doubt needed hammered into the ground. Want mobility? Play melee.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xaragoth View Post

Players get pissed off about any change that takes away from being OP. More at 11

Really? In the 3 primary warlock threads we have at least a dozen or more warlocks from top guilds as well as some of the highest ranked warlocks in the game currently contributing their thoughts about the changes to the class, most of which are negative. Our damage is bottom of the pack with 2 specs and our raid utility was gutted. Just because affliction is currently a passable spec doesn't mean that Destruction should do the same damage as a tank single target and that demonology deserves to be even lower than that.

I will say I abused the use of Kil'jaeden's Cunning so playing on the PTR, it's kind of painful trying to run at the enemy and trying to blast them in the face only to constantly interrupt myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Dnusha View Post
    Now go tell this to this guy. https://twitter.com/Celestalon Usually he is not listening though. Warlock on beta is a class for mentally retarded people.
    Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but they aren't too hard to play on Live either, well outside of Affliction

Quote Originally Posted by Dnusha View Post
    Warlocks playstyle, snapshotting aside, is pretty much the exact same as live. What?

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    I will say I abused the use of Kil'jaeden's Cunning so playing on the PTR, it's kind of painful trying to run at the enemy and trying to blast them in the face only to constantly interrupt myself.
    Don't interrupt yourself then?

Really? Because my friend who mains Lock and holds region top-50 times in all CMs hates the lock changes,.

Quote Originally Posted by Instructor Soki View Post
    Really? Because my friend who mains Lock and holds region top-50 times in all CMs hates the lock changes,.
    You can still be a good player and a FoTM reroller and still whine about no more big crits. Again, people love being overpowered. No surprise there.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Novx View Post
    Warlocks playstyle, snapshotting aside, is pretty much the exact same as live. What?
    Snapshotting is what will hit locks the hardest. That's by far the worst change.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Starfighter View Post
    You can still be a good player and a FoTM reroller and still whine about no more big crits. Again, people love being overpowered. No surprise there.

- - - Updated - - -

Snapshotting is what will hit locks the hardest. That's by far the worst change.
    I just said that to point out how a criticism it is to bring up your friends' opinions on a class.

Snapshotting is what makes Lock even remotely challenging. Maybe that and knowing when to best take advantage of Havoc-shadowburn.
    Destro will still care about buffs from trinkets and procs; Aff will be extremely boring without some kind of change.

Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but they aren't too hard to play on Live either, well outside of Affliction
    What spec/class is hard to play then? There is difference between "not really hard to play" and "boring as fuck three button class".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Novx View Post
    Same as on live huh? So it's a good thing ? another 2 years of the same gameplay.
    w/o dot snapshotting warlocks are one if the most boring classes on beta.
    affli: 3 dots - trinket procs -DS haunt
    destr: imo-confl-inc - trinket procs- DS-cb
    demo: (well demo at least have some puttons to press and procs to watch, 2 forms and shit)

Thanks for nothing blizz
    Last edited by Dnusha; 2014-09-12 at 07:13 AM.

Deleted
    Unfortunately the dumbing down, the abilities and depth removal is universal, although I agree with you that we may suffer even more than other classes, because as you wrote we lost our arsenal for mobility & class homogenization (probably Blizzard's biggest autogoal) & now mobility is taken away without compensations.

I would love seeing Celestalon do WoD duels as warlock, especially against warriors and rogues.

Not talking about DPS before they end up the tuning phase, although the latter demonology nerfs seem to indicate they can't tell apart a bug from inbalance.

The Lightbringer theostrichsays's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    In my douche canoe crossing the Delaware.

I really agree with this, I know a few decent players who are not thrilled with the changes, but they are not spouting off about the sky falling, they simply say well this sucks and tried to position better and then bitched a little more about how lovely MoP was.
    But didn't sit there and and say the class is broken.
    Quote Originally Posted by Axelhander View Post
    Thank you for mansplaining how opinions work.
    Also you're wrong, the people who agree with you are wrong, and you're probably ugly.
    Ever been so angry at everyone on the internet you tell a woman she is mansplaining?

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    If half of what you said was true, those top guild warlocks should already know that all the damage tuning hasn't been finished yet and complaining about being 'the lowest' is kind of silly.
    Yeah, when it comes to demo it has been said there is still a "bug" on the live beta build. We are aware that the numbers will be tuned up but most complaints still come from our utility which has been shot to hell and every word we get from Celestalon is pretty much "too bad."