Tabard of the Lightbringer - NO NO NOOOOO

So just logged into PTR, and heard some guy complaining about the tabard and its effect...and wow and behold...

This is on Ultra graphics, and i sincerely hope this is bug or something like that, because its truly looks retarded.
    Already posted on Blizzard official PTR forum, hope to get some responce from devs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Misume View Post
    The day the Mythic Progression Thread isn't 95% trolling is the day Prime comes back to power.

Deleted
    Always loved the actual look of that tabard and not the effect, but yeah if I have to compare this to the one on Live - yes this sucks

10+ Year Old Account
    No, I think Blizzard intends for you to be running around with a giant glowy sphere in your midsection at all times.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm sorry, but I really don't see the difference...
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

Quote Originally Posted by mrgummage View Post
    I'm sorry, but I really don't see the difference...
    Not sure if srs, but if srs...

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=ta..._AU&gws_rd=ssl
    The day the Mythic Progression Thread isn't 95% trolling is the day Prime comes back to power.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ktperry View Post
    The reason he(she) doesn't see a difference is because you posted 2 screenshots of the new visual, instead of an old and new comparison to show the differences, as done in the other thread: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post29447503

15+ Year Old Account
    Looks like they scaled the animation down a little, could be a side effect of them making other peoples spell effects less visible?

Hardly seems something worth dying about, however. It's a 5min e-penis boost every 30min which has lost the majority of it's prestige in the intervening years.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

Deleted
    All Holy Light stuff has new effects,which are in this case applied to the tabard as well. Unless Blizzard fixes it or makes an animations especially for the tabard I doubt its going away.

10+ Year Old Account
    this made me laugh,still pissed that i never got that tabbard.

Deleted
    But... But the WC3 Rejuvenation was so awesome

I think I understand why it changed.

Part of the tabard's visual was a scaled up version of the holy precast (the glow on your hands when you cast a holy spell), but that's been replaced with a new visual in WoD, and the tabard changing was just a side effect of that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ktperry View Post
    Both engulf you in a horrible big light effect, there really isn't much of a difference.

10+ Year Old Account
    The effect looks bad, but luckily I only like the tabard.

There's a difference, but both are big and glowy still.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh no, my place as the center of attention every 30 minutes will diminish.
    Look! Words!

This is a serious thread.

Edit: Not only that, but the reason it was changed was because the original spell effect that was used for it was changed as well. Other than that there is almost literally no fucking difference to it what so ever. It's just as big and glowy and bright as ever.

What the actual hell, people? There is already two threads about this. This is not that serious.
    Last edited by Diatethis; 2014-09-12 at 09:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Diatethis View Post
    This is a serious thread.

Edit: Not only that, but the reason it was changed was because the original spell effect that was used for it was changed as well. Other than that there is almost literally no fucking difference to it what so ever. It's just as big and glowy and bright as ever.

What the actual hell, people? There is already two threads about this. This is not that serious.
    People like to be special snowflakes, and thats why people payed 100k+ for this tabard, or grinded ICC for months to get it.

No difference you say? You could actually see your character..

Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    Oh no, my place as the center of attention every 30 minutes will diminish.
    ^
    QFT.

Also here i posted on the official forums - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/12023902281
    You can post there, so we can get the old look there!
    Last edited by Ktperry; 2014-09-12 at 10:27 PM.

There's already a thread on this topic and it's also in a more suitable subforum. Please see it here: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1590535

Closed

When victory seems worth any sacrifice,
    there is a price to be paid for such a gift

Forum Guidelines | Signature Restrictions