Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    There's an old article on simcraft about simulation vs formulation that probably does a much better job than I do in describing the pros and cons of the two methods https://code.google.com/p/simulation...onVsSimulation

Could anyone direct me to an up to date arcane guide

This is basically up to date, what do you want to know?

10+ Year Old Account
    This guide is not up to date I even put in the title that it isn't.

Please visit altered-time.com for a current, detailed and well-written guide. I promise I'll be more... timely with this one in Legion. Feel free to ask any additional questions here, someone will always answer them.
    My magic will tear you apart.

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    9/13m mage. Just main swapped from playing spriest for 5 years.

For parse runs I'm wondering if someone could SIM me and give me enchant/gem advice. Currently sitting at 2,440 unbuffed haste. I looked up haste/mastery plot points but do not understand the implications.Currently stacking haste because I sim best that way. Simulationcraft gems/enchants mastery. My guild is asking what gear is my BIS and I chose simulationcraft which is mostly mastery gear....

My friend is a 13/13m mage that parses consistently. He is telling me to go mastery all the way and keep warsong enchant. I simmed him and Mastery isn't his best secondary but the proofs are in his parses. Here are his logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...8/8/#boss=1785

Gear: I do have 730 Cursed Blood Bracers in my bags. Are they a dps upgrade over my current 725 Hexweave Bracers of the Feverflare?

Here are my logs from Heroics yesterday. https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...&view=rankings

Arcane secondary stat priorities are so close to each other that I find the question "what gear is best" very uncomfortable. Only the trinkets can be too obviously picked. In most cares mastery will compete with haste very closely with critical strike and multistrike not being bad at all and actually very close, with only versatility maybe becoming too obviously lower.

Its weird. You want to aim for for 2k+ haste for UM, but keep your mastery close. I'm rocking 2200 haste/mastery unbuffed with warsong weapon. Haste isn't bad, casue more haste = more casts and more mana regen. However you want to keep mastery as close as possible.

Why would you aim for a haste that may lower dps?
    Last edited by WarcraftMages; 2016-02-07 at 12:04 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shangalar View Post
    This guide is not up to date I even put in the title that it isn't.

Please visit altered-time.com for a current, detailed and well-written guide. I promise I'll be more... timely with this one in Legion. Feel free to ask any additional questions here, someone will always answer them.
    I'm woundering why most of the mages are below 2.1k soft haste cap like most of em are like at 1.7k-1.8k between that mark, so I'm woundering if its some other haste cap around there or ppl just going full Mastery for more dmg since bosses dies faster? but still using Unstable Magic as talented

Quote Originally Posted by Yodai View Post
    I'm woundering why most of the mages are below 2.1k soft haste cap like most of em are like at 1.7k-1.8k between that mark, so I'm woundering if its some other haste cap around there or ppl just going full Mastery for more dmg since bosses dies faster? but still using Unstable Magic as talented
    Well for super farm mode and speed kills if you can get a fight <2mins then mastery pulls ahead by a bit since you'll have haste for the majority of the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Yodai View Post
    I'm woundering why most of the mages are below 2.1k soft haste cap
    Because there is no 2.1k haste cap. Their simulations prove it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shangalar View Post
    Please visit altered-time.com for a current, detailed and well-written guide.
    You know what I'm about to ask.

how much haste do you need for arcane with both heroic BiS trinkets and how much mastery? I also have 4p.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Deleted
    heyho fellow mages. right now i raid in our twinkraid with my mage (12/13 mythic) and i am curious about 1 thing!

When is it worth or is it worth anyway to drop the crystal if doomnova proccs 10-15 sec before ring is up.

ie.: singletarget vs lets say xhul - doomnova proccs - imps are coming in 2 sec - ring is up in 10 secs

Deleted
    Before going into that I think there is a basic problem with the reasoning that you seem to imply in the background. The crystal will not multiply the doomnova from an NPC to all targets, it will only get 1 hit from it. Hence the adds would get higher damage sure, but not X2.3.

Deleted
    k, so if doomnova proccs on boss and crystal and I send my missiles to the boss will the crystal do the procc or not?

Deleted
    I don't see that case listed in the altered-time.com thread for the trinket, but I would guess the doom explosion from the boss will not trigger the 2nd nova on the crystal because the spell does not trigger from other indirect damage including frost bomb which works identically in mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by Screwly View Post
    k, so if doomnova proccs on boss and crystal and I send my missiles to the boss will the crystal do the procc or not?
    yes, the aoe doomnova damage will hit the crystal as an additional target and then be reflected back to all targets by the crystal for 30% more damage, can't see that ever being worth desyncing your crystal from the legendary ring since the individual doom nova hits are tiny and crystal only adds 1.3 extra targets worth of damage overall, so nothing really if you have 10+ targets

Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    I would guess the doom explosion from the boss will not trigger the 2nd nova on the crystal because the spell does not trigger from other indirect damage including frost bomb which works identically in mechanics.
    frost bomb explosions on a target which hit your prismatic crystal do trigger feedback damage from the crystal back to the target, it was the entire point of precasting frostbomb on a target before you cast crystal
    Last edited by Dizzeeyooo; 2016-05-20 at 12:05 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dizzeeyooo View Post
    frost bomb explosions on a target which hit your prismatic crystal do trigger feedback damage from the crystal back to the target, its the entire point of precasting frostbomb on a target before you cast crystal
    The subject there was if the doom on the crystal will proc, not if the crystal will get damage. The crystal itself of course gets any damage.