Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Definitely more.

IMHO, the rogue looks fantastic for WoD, and will be one of the leading melees. We got great quality-of-life upgrades, and what they did with assassination is just awesome.

Yes, we didn't get alot of new shiny toys which sparkle a lot...I understand alot of people are pissed about this, but me personally...I like the continuity and stability the rogue offers, paired with excellence performance as always. They made it stronger and better, without changing anything about it that made the rogue good in the first place.

Out of every class I've tried in WoD that I have a 90 of on live (aka everything that's not a druid, fuck druids) I have to say: rogue is the only class I've found that feels better on beta than it does currently.

Level 100 talents are awesome and fun, burst is awesome, combo point system is far better. I don't know if I'm going to have the heart to spec out of Death From Above though. I just like being a fucking ninja too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorzzara View Post
    what they did with assassination is just awesome.
    Hrm? What did I miss -- what was the big change to assassination? I remember a few to sub to make it more bleed-oriented, but nothing serious for assassination.

Less, losing abilities makes the class worse. Shadow walk and shadow blades in particular, but even losing paralytic and mind numbing makes us have one fucking poison and that's it? Why even have poison?

Quote Originally Posted by Verain View Post
    Less, losing abilities makes the class worse. Shadow walk and shadow blades in particular, but even losing paralytic and mind numbing makes us have one fucking poison and that's it? Why even have poison?
    Pretty much this, combat is becoming insanely passive. I'm just looking forward to the first major content patch when all the rogue band-aid fixes come in.

Deleted
    Can anyone clarify if the Combo points on player is like monks chi, or is it just to ease up target switching (combo points disappearing after target dies, even while in combat)?
    That alone will dictate shall i roll rogue/feral...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Problim View Post
    Can anyone clarify if the Combo points on player is like monks chi, or is it just to ease up target switching (combo points disappearing after target dies, even while in combat)?
    That alone will dictate shall i roll rogue/feral...
    That's how they work, in theory.

In practice, they have a very bad habit of disappearing as soon as your target dies or despawns. You lose a lot of combo points on a target swapping fight.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorzzara View Post
    Definitely more.

IMHO, the rogue looks fantastic for WoD, and will be one of the leading melees. We got great quality-of-life upgrades, and what they did with assassination is just awesome.

Yes, we didn't get alot of new shiny toys which sparkle a lot...I understand alot of people are pissed about this, but me personally...I like the continuity and stability the rogue offers, paired with excellence performance as always. They made it stronger and better, without changing anything about it that made the rogue good in the first place.

It looks the same as it did in WotLK and Cata and MoP.We got combo points that spread over the target but disappear half the time when a mob dies or despawns.Im not really sure where you get the stronger and better from,because we are same o'l same o'l. Like the last 3 expac were going to have to wait again until the next patch and halfway thru the tier for are dps to catch up with everyone else's.

Oh yea, I've already done BC why would i want to do it again?
    Last edited by pentavelant; 2014-09-14 at 01:05 AM.

reply to original poster: Do I think the class will be enjoyed? No. class needs a redesign.

"Tell them, that the Lich King is dead and that the world of warcraft died with him"
    Last edited by invaluable-busines-advice; 2014-09-14 at 05:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by invaluable-busines-advice View Post
    reply to original poster: Do I think the class will be enjoyed? No. class needs a redesign.

"Tell them, that the Lich King is dead and that the world of warcraft died with him"
    World of Warcraft is fine as an overall game.

It's more like "Tell them only that the Lich King is dead, and that Rogues died with him".
    Which is actually a pretty strong analogy, because Bolvar isn't actually dead, just like Rogues aren't actually dead. Both are just locked in a permanent state of functional stagnation. Bolvar's will is a permanent prison to keep the scourge in check. Rogues are permanently stagnant to act as an easy foundation for the wild tuning that other classes go through due to changes. Rogues are left alone so that Blizzard has one thing they can always rely on to keep things from going out of control.

So grats, if you play the class you are the new Lich King.

More on topic, I love my rogue. I've had it since mid Vanilla, played it often, mained it every expansion except Wrath... but I seriously think I might just shift it to alt status this time. There's just not anything new or interesting about it, and it's depressing playing a rogue and being constantly reminded that Hunters have our primary mechanic, and that monks are like an updated version of us and have abilities that are classic rogue/thief (Roll, stealing weapons).

I'd say rogues are the same as they have been the past 5+ years. Not any more or less enjoyable in general as a class, but because of that stagnation they are inherently less enjoyable to people who have played them too long, so every expansion they remain the same they become a bit less enjoyable.

Currently considering Balance or Shadow main for Warlords... Hopefully 7.0 will be rogue salvation (and based on current announcements, will not be too far away), instead of a repeat of 6.0, 5.0 and to a lesser degree 4.0.

They changes anything in WoD? I mean we lost some abilities, and Burst of Speed costs now 30 energy, but aside these changes it's still the same? (I'm Assasination)

10+ Year Old Account
    Mostly the same. I will miss Shadow Blades though.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    It's more like "Tell them only that the Lich King is dead, and that Rogues died with him".
    Which is actually a pretty strong analogy, because Bolvar isn't actually dead, just like Rogues aren't actually dead. Both are just locked in a permanent state of functional stagnation. Bolvar's will is a permanent prison to keep the scourge in check. Rogues are permanently stagnant to act as an easy foundation for the wild tuning that other classes go through due to changes. Rogues are left alone so that Blizzard has one thing they can always rely on to keep things from going out of control.
    That's deep.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ViridianWRA View Post
    That's how they work, in theory.

In practice, they have a very bad habit of disappearing as soon as your target dies or despawns. You lose a lot of combo points on a target swapping fight.
    This is a bugg that will be fixed with the release of the expansion or shortly after if its not allready.

There is absolutely no reason to mention a bugg as if its something someone should base their class/spec choice on.

I like how rogues seem in WoD. I like that combat dont have dots anymore. It actually adds to the difference of the specs. I would like to see assasination put more into big hits, combat into fast hits, and sub i dont really care. Make use of poisons more. The spec never really interested me.

Classes dont really need more then 1 dps cd. Having 2-3 on about the same cooldown makes absolutely no sense. And dont tell me having 2 instead of 1 makes the class any better in ANY way.

You just press two buttons and the same time(or macro them) instead of one.

Remembre you will most likely still get trinket cd's aswell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Reading this forum is starting to get better than actually playing the class.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    This is a bugg that will be fixed with the release of the expansion or shortly after if its not allready.

There is absolutely no reason to mention a bugg as if its something someone should base their class/spec choice on.
    You must be new here.

I don't exactly share the negative sentiment some other people have with rogues.

I always found rogues to feel the most complete out of probably all the classes in the game (Warrior comes pretty close too). And I'm not talking bugs, god rogues had the worst bugs ever (the vanish bugs still haunt me in my dreams), but rather the overall feel and toolkit.

During the course of vanilla and 4 expansions there were only a few things I really missed on my rogue, and a lot of those have actually been fulfilled. A few major ones that spring to mind: Proper AoE (FoK since WotLK and other tools since); A selfheal (recuperate in Cata) and better CP management system (redirect was a good start, but this new WoD CP system will be the thing we should have had from the get go).

If there is anything I hate, it's probably how other classes have seemed to be eating from out candy with all the stealth (and just because it has a fancy name like Camouflage or Invisibility doesn't mean it's not stealth), sprints and whatnot going around.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalira View Post
    You must be new here.
    Explain

/10char

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    Explain

/10char
    How they did the "new" combo points is not a bug. It's intended and just half-assed. It's like an autocast redirect every time you switch targets.

10+ Year Old Account
    How they did the "new" combo points is not a bug. It's intended and just half-assed. It's like an autocast redirect every time you switch targets.
    Not to mention rogues get their bugs "fixed" approximately one every geological era. Remember vanish bugs? Of course you do, because they still happen.

Oh, or kspree fatalities. Looks like DFA is going to have the same troubles too. Yay.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

Deleted
    Ehm. OK? The guy i quoted said they where disappearing. And that is a bug. If they work, they work. And if thats the case then ther eis nothing to fix, and thus nothing to complain about.

I'm sure if its crap it'l be changed. Remember its beta afterall

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ViridianWRA View Post
    Not to mention rogues get their bugs "fixed" approximately one every geological era. Remember vanish bugs? Of course you do, because they still happen.

Oh, or kspree fatalities. Looks like DFA is going to have the same troubles too. Yay.
    Kspree "fatalities" are not bugs. The ability clearly states what it does. If getting behind the boss kills you, then dont use it.