Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nalira, Geckoo, ahh- good to see some old faces from the last, almost exactly-the-same thread as this we partook in. Another 25+ pages of nonsense to go?
    And I see Sorzzara is still talkin out his ass. All is right in the world. Especially this class, amirite?

Infracted.
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2014-09-19 at 10:01 AM.

Well, if i manage to buy WoD (which is unlikely but it all will turn out as soon all my friends and guildmates will return to it to raid together - i miss the fun times with them) i think i'm going to main my warrior.

As said above, if i return is for my friends - we need a tank which is present so since we already have paladins, warrior is my choice. I like the shield tank concept, and monk/druid don't appeal me much.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Rogues like most classes in the game now just feel too gutted. Im missing many of my old favorite passives , our talents are boring and we arent getting any major overhaul. We requested the combo points thing for 10 years its a little late and we have other concerns that have not been addressed and the devs have openly admitted our talents suck and its just not a priority.

There have been many advances in a positive direction dont get me wrong.. Energy use to regenerate very slowly and there were no extra mechanics that gave us energy, just combat getting chance procs with the offhand.

Stealth Movement impairing. Without talents stealth use to slow movement speed by 50 percent! They reduced it over time and in cataclysm they removed it completely. Largest buff ever received but it was long overdue.

Recuperate. It was overpowered at first then underpowered its near rightly tuned now it allows us to heal up on our own following a reprieve but its not enough to allow us to go toe to toe anymore with warriors.. I wish it ticked faster at least.

Poisons. At first you made your poisons and they had ranks I found this annoying and at first in vanilla they held a charge and had to be re applied upon death or entering a new zone. Then you could buy poisons as a reagent then they eliminated poison ranks and now Poisons are just a buff from the spellbook but we lost the freedom to use wound poison as mutilate spec.

Dismantle. This was huge when it was given to us but now its been taken away..
    Last edited by Packing an i5; 2014-09-17 at 08:17 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Outside ORG sending your children down the mines.
    The post above ^ feels like it was taken straight out of google, whatever lol.

I think less simply because of how much damage will be tied to envenom buff uptime, which will be a clunky pain in the ass for assassination pvp. I will also REALLY miss subterfuge stealth. Vanish won't feel the same again.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    I think less simply because of how much damage will be tied to envenom buff uptime, which will be a clunky pain in the ass for assassination pvp. I will also REALLY miss subterfuge stealth. Vanish won't feel the same again.
    yes it makes no sense they removed the defensive capability of that talent and it was needed so badly. It should of only been nerfed offensively allowing us stealth but without the use of stealth abilities.

Bottom line it actually cant be worse than it is right now in Mop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Creed View Post
    Nalira, Geckoo, ahh- good to see some old faces from the last, almost exactly-the-same thread as this we partook in. Another 25+ pages of nonsense to go?
    And I see Sorzzara is still talkin out his ass. All is right in the world. Especially this class, amirite?
    I wouldn't expect anything different since blizzard give us nothing to discuss about sadly...

DfA is really make-or-break for the class since our whole pvp experience will hinge on its practicality as a gap-closer while bursting. If it functions in this capacity then it will be a saving grace and could lead to a far more enjoyable Shadowstep+DfA playstyle.

The combo point change is also very welcome. Aside from those things, the class isn't really changing much whether that's a good or bad thing. After how the class got butchered when MoP was released I'm half glad they aren't messing with it too much.

10+ Year Old Account
    I played Rogue since vanilla and I have always been fairly satisfied. Vanilla was of course the best time to be a Rogue but I think WoD will be pretty good too, maybe second best era even. MoP has been nice PvE-wise but a nightmare PvP-wise. Hopefully we will be playable again in PvP.
    • Diablo Immortal is the most misunderstood and underrated game of all time!
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

Quote Originally Posted by Ashkuri View Post
    I guess it will be just like every expansion for me: I will love my rogue so much that I'm close to burnout, then level some alts and decide, that none of them live up to my rogue and play mostly that again.
    That's exactly how I feel. By now I have a 90 of every class and some of them two times but I still only play my main rogue.

Quote Originally Posted by lolpve View Post
    DfA is really make-or-break for the class since our whole pvp experience will hinge on its practicality as a gap-closer while bursting. If it functions in this capacity then it will be a saving grace and could lead to a far more enjoyable Shadowstep+DfA playstyle.

The combo point change is also very welcome. Aside from those things, the class isn't really changing much whether that's a good or bad thing. After how the class got butchered when MoP was released I'm half glad they aren't messing with it too much.
    Make or break? Hardly. DfA while bursting is probably the dumbest thing you can do, it telegraphs what you are doing, you can be cc'd while doing it and have it be completely negated on top of it being put on cd, losing your cps and using energy, as well as the fact that you aren't even on target anymore during the travel time.

I'm enjoying mine since vanilla and I doubt any expansion will change that(my first charr ever made and main 100% of the time)... but ye, WoD will be nice(got beta nomnom), bringing some stuff we really needed (CP on self <3) ages ago...