Page 1 of 39
... LastLast

Thumbs down First Blizzard game to fail horribly ?

I got alpha invite before 2 or 3 months played the gmae until lvl 6 in few hours and then got bored to tears and didn't play it until today
    when i entered i did 2 games won both one of them was long and the teams where even what you would call "good game"
    but its still didn't click the game is just boring

nobody streams it like 20 views on twitch (i remember when HS was in beta it had like 20k viewers 24/7
    its still on alpha for some reason even when there no bugs what so ever

on top of that you get 20-30 gold every match when some heroes cost 15k gold ? that absurd and they are kidding themselves if they think a hero worth 7.5 euro

imo WAY too greedy lets compare it to League of legneds where u get 200-300 IP every game and the MOST expensive heroes cost 6300 IP

and its still think like 3 days to buy it

how much will it take in HOTS a month ?

(oh and before everyone here jump on me and say i should report bugs and that why i got beta well there no bugs whatsoever and lets be real everyone want to get beta just to play the dam game stop being so fake)

i think this game will be the first blizzard game to fail

Alphas are not demos
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Sadly, even if it is shit terrible WoW fanboys will say it is incredible and based on the large number of fanboys its initial sales will say it was a success.

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    Sadly, even if it is shit terrible WoW fanboys will say it is incredible and based on the large number of fanboys its initial sales will say it was a success.
    So people who enjoy the game are just mindless fan boys?

hots is a easy/casual version of LoL and if you don't agree with the prices why not report it to them? instead of whing on prices on a non official forum. and no it won't fail.
    the reason hearthstone had so many views is because it was somewhat unique at that time. but there alrdy so many dota games. and you can't just look at twitchviews and see how well a game will do. because otherwise wildstar would have beaten WoW by miles when it was released.

Quote Originally Posted by mich4el View Post
    (oh and before everyone here jump on me and say i should report bugs and that why i got beta well there no bugs whatsoever and lets be real everyone want to get beta just to play the dam game stop being so fake)
    Just because you and maybe many more act so high and mighty, and treat alpha and beta versions of games like demos, it doesn't mean that they are. I doubt any Blizzard representative would agree with this view. They let you guys in to help testing and improving the product. This is their sole intent. They didn't let you in so that you can enjoy playing a full game for free for some months, not in the slightest. It's quite a bit arrogant to act up like that over it.

If you're not planning on accepting this or adding to the development process I'd strongly suggest you uninstall the thing and don't touch it again. Because neither Blizzard nor the truly interested customers need testers like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    Fear not, silly assumptions like this generally point back to an even more simple mind.
    Your rights as a consumer begin and end at the point where you choose not to consume, and not where you yourself influence the consumed goods.

Translation: if you don't like a game don't play it.

Looks like "just another moba", so I'm personally not interested. Maybe a lot of people think the same.
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

Twitch views of a game in alpha are how we rate games success now?

I enjoy it, but only in short bursts. I won't be playing it for the long term but that's because I dislike the genre itself. I have however enjoyed it more than I ever enjoyed LoL or dota2.

Quote Originally Posted by The Kao View Post

Fear not, silly assumptions like this generally point back to an even more simple mind.

See what I mean, the word must be out that someone said they didn't like a Blizz game. And here is our first white knight. Calling me simple minded and yet he demonstrates exactly what I described. How's that for simple minded.

To those that enjoy the game... GREAT! I never tried it and didn't say i like or don't like it - all I'm referring to here is the OP's post that it might fail. I told him, No, it won't fail because of idiots like "The Kao". Thank you "The Kao" for backing that up.

The game isn't even out so of course it can not fail. HOTS is in such an incomplete state that I do not think it's ready for evaluation. Most of the core systems are not even fleshed out yet.

A lot of what determines a game's success is marketing. Blizzard has a lot of money. People will know of this game on release. Given the worst realistically possible scenario for the launch of HOTS Blizzard will break even within a year.

Blizz just has too much money to market the game, too large a brand and constant revenue. It'll be a smash hit most likely.

Quality of game != success of game.

I don't agree, this game hooked me more than any other game since WoW and judging by reactions of my friends and family who also play, they all feel similar. The game is still in alpha not because of bugs but because it lacks tons of features including replays, ranked mode, more heroes, maps and so on. Gold and hero pricings are not even close to final, this stuff changes evey patch so complaining about it is stupid.

And judging by the amount of people providing feedback and reporting bugs on official forums not everone is a spoiled kid who treats alpha access like a free demo.

If my MOBA happy friends, who also played diablo2/3, wow etc, will like it, I might give it a try, just to play with them.

MOBA aint my kind off game trough.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    If you hate something, then everyone else who likes it must be a fanboi.

/internet logic.

League of Legends is extremely popular. An MOBA set in the lore of Warcraft will be successful. There's no reason to think it won't be... just the press focus right now is on World of Warcraft. I'm sure that BlizzCon will make a big deal out of Heroes.

Deleted
    I think the game will in fact flop. Not necessarily becasue it's really bad or something but because people play dota 2 or LoL.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yet another person that has no understanding of what an alpha is...

Diablo 3 was the first blizzard game to fail and now it is amazing.

HotS will be the go to MOBA for casual players. The tryhards will keep playing dota or LoL, this game isn't for them.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    I think the game will in fact flop. Not necessarily becasue it's really bad or something but because people play dota 2 or LoL.
    And for a game of the same genre to take players away from established games by offering more fun and less tediousness, is a completely outrageous assumption.

An Alpha with no bugs? This is going to be best Blizzard game ever!

10+ Year Old Account
    I got alpha invite before 2 or 3 months played the gmae until lvl 6 in few hours and then got bored to tears and didn't play it until today
    when i entered i did 2 games won both one of them was long and the teams where even what you would call "good game"
    but its still didn't click the game is just boring

nobody streams it like 20 views on twitch (i remember when HS was in beta it had like 20k viewers 24/7
    its still on alpha for some reason even when there no bugs what so ever

on top of that you get 20-30 gold every match when some heroes cost 15k gold ? that absurd and they are kidding themselves if they think a hero worth 7.5 euro

imo WAY too greedy lets compare it to League of legneds where u get 200-300 IP every game and the MOST expensive heroes cost 6300 IP

and its still think like 3 days to buy it

how much will it take in HOTS a month ?

Alphas aren't demos nub. Don't apply your personal failings to everyone else.
    No, I think you're incorrect, HoTS will do fine, great even.

It's not even beta. It's alpha. This is even worse than judging a game based on it's beta. It's not a demo and it's not a sneak peek because it's not even finished. Beta is for when the game is pretty much done but needs tuning and to be tested thoroughly for bugs. You're playing a skeleton.

It will absolutely not be better than LoL - It won't even come close, and I doubt anyone at Blizzard thinks it will. But there are other MOBAs that are doing fine and HotS will probably also do fine.