Page 16 of 39 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    And I highly doubt this will be the next.

Really looking at most the complaints is that "It's not like LoL/Dota!".

And I'm fine with that, while I love Dota, I would approve any game that turns off the negative players from those games. I don't need someone that blames everyone else despite them sitting in a jungle picking their nose the entire time.
    Which is a good thing, dota lol can fight between themself we dont need that type of game in another cloned form.

Im sorry, but it is much too early to decide a games success or failure while its still in the alpha stages. There is still much that can and will change. I haven't played it nor do I care too tbh. I just think its stupid to sign off on any game that is in its alpha stage still.

Take a game like pokemon. In the original form, it had 190 pokemon. They saved some for later. Games change a lot between inception and final release.
    Last edited by Zantos; 2014-09-17 at 04:49 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    And I highly doubt this will be the next.

Really looking at most the complaints is that "It's not like LoL/Dota!".

And I'm fine with that, while I love Dota, I would approve any game that turns off the negative players from those games. I don't need someone that blames everyone else despite them sitting in a jungle picking their nose the entire time.
    Even if it fails, if its ends in the same way as Diablo 3 it would be amazing :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    Even if it fails, if its ends in the same way as Diablo 3 it would be amazing :P
    Still, it'd be considered a disappointment. No one says that SimCity 2013 is amazing unless they are either stupid or an EA shill, even with it being now offline and most of the bugs fixed.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Quote Originally Posted by cityguy193 View Post
    Alpha =/= better game in the future.
    Even hearthstone had more than 20 views on twitch, this long into their own alpha a year ago.

There are design issues about the game that will not be fixed with any amount of polish. There is no reward for good play, and the game is more grindly than LoL. You cant honestly charge something like 15k gold for a hero, when you get 40 gold a match.

- - - Updated - - -

Why does it need to cost the "same" as a lol hero, especially only the most expensive lol heros.
    Its not competing with the alpha version of LOL, its competing with the 2014 version. In 2014, LoL has ~50 heros that are near free with only an hour of playtime needed to buy them.
    If Blizzard wants to compete with the top MOBA, they need to price champions the same/slightly lesser value.

If any of you who have this opinion care to give their accounts away, I'm always availible

Quote Originally Posted by mich4el View Post
    imo WAY too greedy lets compare it to League of legneds where u get 200-300 IP every game and the MOST expensive heroes cost 6300 IP
    Ignoring the rest of your post, and not having read the thread, when was the last time you played league? Do you have an IP boost active, are you only playing once to get win of the day? I mean, 300 IP is way way pushing it -even when you get win of the day- for what you get in league. They drastically slashed ipgains compared to what they used to be.

Yeah LoL is grindy too,and as far as I remember it was never 200-300 IP per game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac View Post
    Still, it'd be considered a disappointment. No one says that SimCity 2013 is amazing unless they are either stupid or an EA shill, even with it being now offline and most of the bugs fixed.
    True, but i won't put Diablo 3 in the same place as SimCity 2013, cause Diablo 3 actually become quite popular after the expansion come out and it was seeing as "What Diablo 3 should have always been"

It's fine to dislike Diablo 3 but anyone calling it a failure should really look up the definition of failure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    It's fine to dislike Diablo 3 but anyone calling it a failure should really look up the definition of failure.
    I'm pretty sure people are pointing at Diablo 3 cause... when it came out, it failed to reach the players expectative but after the expansion came out, the fixed everything and did a really good job, that's why D3 is so popular now

Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    Ignoring the rest of your post, and not having read the thread, when was the last time you played league? Do you have an IP boost active, are you only playing once to get win of the day? I mean, 300 IP is way way pushing it -even when you get win of the day- for what you get in league. They drastically slashed ipgains compared to what they used to be.
    I thought that's what they did when I played LoL a couple of months ago. I remember getting a new champion at a decent pace, come back from a break and it's like "Yay... 20 IP"

I didn't get into the alpha but I'm really looking forward to Blizzard Dota.

I have no interest in playing MOBAs and I've never played one. I don't even know how they are played, but I'm still going to try HOTS just because it will be in the Battle.net launcher.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dilbon View Post
    I have no interest in playing MOBAs and I've never played one. I don't even know how they are played, but I'm still going to try HOTS just because it will be in the Battle.net launcher.
    And there will be many more people trying the game for the same reasons. This is why I think Blizzard has a chance to crush LoL in competition: LoL is oriented on MOBA fans, while HotS is oriented on all gamers, even those who couldn't care less about MOBAs before HotS.

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    And there will be many more people trying the game for the same reasons. This is why I think Blizzard has a chance to crush LoL in competition: LoL is oriented on MOBA fans, while HotS is oriented on all gamers, even those who couldn't care less about MOBAs before HotS.
    While I think HoTS will be a success I don't think it will crush LoL. It's very hard to get a large group of people to switch all at once to another game. And it has to be all at once because people are reluctant to leave friends behind. I think that contributes to why WoW killers can never come close to WoW in terms of popularity. I think WoW players that play LoL as well will probably play both games since they are both free (HotS will follow the Hearthstone model right? I haven't been paying attention.)

I got invited to the BETA. Don't like the game at all. Like league better.

How could HOTS fail?

It's F2p.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    I don't think that Blizzard has plans to crush LoL in competition. I think that there is no competition at all. These games plays too differently, it's like saying that i have to pick between Naruto Shippudden w.e. storn ultimate super duper ninja tornado and MK. I can play them both. Everyone can play both LoL and HotS.

Personally, i really enjoy the master skins idea, i've seen in in Smite before (gold and black skins, they look SO GOOD!) but they are real pain in the ass to get. In HotS getting master skin is still an achievement (it's plenty of time and gold to spend on) but it's not that hard as in Smite
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

I haven't even seen any played footage, let alone a invite yet despite being a active player on Blizzard's network since 97'...

But, I'm going to on a bold edge here and say that Diablo 3 was their first "failure" of a game.
    Simmons: There's no "I" in "team".
    Griff: There's no "U" in "team" either. so if "U" and "I" aren't in the team, who gives a f_ _ k about the team?
    "Gotta' trust some one to be betrayed. I never did." - Captain Price
    Bungie Has My Studio Of The Decade Vote. "Hours Played" is greater than "Money Made".