Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Does it have a campaign though?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fyre View Post
    Like with story, important npcs and movies between missions?! Only Blizzard does that in this time and age.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Epi Kass View Post
    Like with story, important npcs and movies between missions?! Only Blizzard does that in this time and age.
    Yep like that and I think all games have some sort of campaign except indies and since PA isn't exactly a triple A title, I wasn't sure.

I just watched Totalbiscuit's video of Strife, the game looks great but really close to other already existing MOBA's. From what I've seen its the same old thing with every other MOBA, maybe they can try to get a better community or something.

the reason why mobas are popping up everywhere is because valve made a fortune off of TI4

10+ Year Old Account
    I play LoL because I'm good at it, I don't really care or love it. I don't love games, I love beating other people so LoL and Melee are the things I only play anymore. The only game I really play for fun is Mario Kart 8 but even then I play to win with fire hopping and whatnot. People play LoL because it's a decent game and "competitive" and by competitive I mean blame their team instead of looking at themselves.
    Hey everyone

The most annoying part is that it spreads to communities thinner and thinner every time a subsection jumps to yet another new game. Happened with MMOs, happening with MOBAs and the problems with that is after a while they'll all just end up feeling empty, queue times skyrocket and people get sick of the genre as a whole.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zillionhz View Post
    By fiber be purged

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Not a fan of the genre in general played a few of them LoL, Hero's of the Storm, and not enjoyed them at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Fyre View Post
    Yes, there is the Galactic War campaign.

I don't get the issue. It's not like there's nearly as many MOBAs as other games still.

Deleted
    Best arts currently imho are dota 2 and dawngate

Deleted
    The worst thing about MOBAs are its communities. I wonder if Riot managed to make the chats less.. insulting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    the reason why mobas are popping up everywhere is because valve made a fortune off of TI4
    No. People like like MOBAs because they are RTS's without the huge time commitments and more (subjectively) more fun to play with multiple players. MOBAs are why RTS games have lost their popularity, otherwise people would be talking about why there are so many RTS games on the market (like it was before MOBAs exploded).

To add to the side discussion: Planetary Annihilation is the modern version of Total Annihilation, which is a classic RTS. If you want to play a classic traditional RTS game then I suggest checking it out.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only one that attracts me slightly is SMITE as it's the only one I feel different and unique.
    Arukas

Quote Originally Posted by NetterMizuno View Post
    Best arts currently imho are dota 2 and dawngate
    Dawngate is fucking shit dude, League is better than that game in every way possible.

- - - Updated - - -

League is also shit so that shows how bad Dawngate is

Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Dawngate is fucking shit dude, League is better than that game in every way possible.

- - - Updated - - -

League is also shit so that shows how bad Dawngate is
    As someone with no interest in any dota-like whatsoever, I never understood why people say this.

LoL is factually not "shit". The game is too big for that to ever be even remotely true.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uggh, I don't get it. They aren't even vaguely innovative. Fun is relative, but uniform is less so

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrgannus View Post
    Uggh, I don't get it. They aren't even vaguely innovative. Fun is relative, but uniform is less so
    Eh, you might just be looking at the wrong ones then.

While LoL and Dota 2 might be similar, they are based off the same game, Dota. There is some differences as far as I know though, like Dota 2 is more item build based.

But then you got games like Smite, which is a 3D MOBA, instead of bird's eye view, and almost everything is a skill shot.

And Heroes of the Storm on the other hand has objectives for each map, so the map actually matters.

Then again, in my opinion those are really the only big ones, even though Heroes of the Storm is still in Alpha.

Everyone nowadays just can't resist cloning DotA and LoL after having found out about how much money they make... they assume so poorly that if they make a MOBA they'll be rich as hell.

Deleted
    God forbid developers trying to make money out of ongoing trend in the industry.