Thread: LFR Durumu

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I die sometimes because sometimes I just can't seem to see the path forming. I have no clue why, I play on Medium/High. But I suppose that mixed with me not doing that fight very often with 200+ AUS ping, it's a fun time....
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuthe View Post
    I die sometimes because sometimes I just can't seem to see the path forming.
    The maze/eye sore will not kill you on LFR difficulty (until every healer in your group is brainafk). If you die, than it probably is because you run into the beam.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    Because being afk gets me the same amount of gold/epics as putting in effort?
    *shrug* Paying gold gets you the same epics as putting in effort in Heroic SoO too. It's more boring, though.
    Last edited by mmocc02219cc8b; 2014-09-13 at 03:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Reckles View Post
    Still, I feel your pain. If you want to help, ask for assist before the pull so you can put a purple marker over your head right before he casts the beam. /s "Stack on me" Then when the crackles start, shift right or left and say "Stack here or die." Less QQ, more raid leading. <3
    I have tried that multiple times. Like I said in my previous post, the really bad players who die to every mechanic also seem to not read raid chat at all, because no matter what you type they never acknowledge, follow directions, or type anything back. Even when you call them out by name and ask them a direct question you get no reply. Really makes me wonder if they even realize it's an MMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Rezhka View Post
    I'm pretty much amazed by this post. So...when i fail to move out of shit and die of it, it is a bad mechanic and it's the designer failure. Should i even asking for a free epic every week that mailed to my inbox instead of having LFR?
    Well I guess it kinda is in the sense that lfr is supposed to be retard friendly so you can just ignore about any mechanic. It's not super far fetched to claim it's a design failure although I suppose it was some sort of test to determine how punishing a lfr ability is allowed to be and it didn't work out that well. I mean funnily enough the beam on it's own should never be a problem and the maze can just be ignored on lfr and still doesn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by cFortyfive View Post
    Well I guess it kinda is in the sense that lfr is supposed to be retard friendly so you can just ignore about any mechanic. It's not super far fetched to claim it's a design failure although I suppose it was some sort of test to determine how punishing a lfr ability is allowed to be and it didn't work out that well. I mean funnily enough the beam on it's own should never be a problem and the maze can just be ignored on lfr and still doesn't work.
    This post makes me sad lol... I mean.. the whole point of these types of games is making yourself and your character stronger to rise to the challenge.. and here we are talking about how a simple mechanic is "too hard".....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    The maze/eye sore will not kill you on LFR difficulty (until every healer in your group is brainafk). If you die, than it probably is because you run into the beam.

*shrug* Paying gold gets you the same epics as putting in effort in Heroic SoO too. It's more boring, though.
    Difference is I don't want to be in LFR (I'm talking about when it was new though, I haven't played WoW since I killed the thunder king a year ago). So just queued up and watched a movie on my second monitor.

On my alts I did put effort in LFR though, if I needed a lot of gear I'd help the group. If I only need something from the last boss but have to spend 3 hours playing with total retards I'd just afk.

I also still can't understand how people still die. It is a simple mechanic. Where is the tank? Stand on/near the tank and follow him. 99.99% of the time the RL marks the tank so really there isn't any excuse other than not paying attention. The mist hardly doesn't damage so as long as you don't get hit by the laser who cares about the maze? If you are on the wrong side make sure you run behind Durumu so you don't run through the laser trying to get to your tank. Also your view angle should always be from above on this type of fight. I've seen people do with with low spec laptops just fine.....because they *** pay attention! ***

#1: Situational Awareness! (This is key to any raid)
    #2: Don't stand in fire! (Duh)
    #3: Refer to rule #2 (Duh X 2)

If you don't know or don't want to know what is going around you, you are playing the wrong type of game. People need to stop blaming the fight and start paying attention.

Not trying to be a dick here, but this really is the bottom line.

People dont care about learning how to do it properly because they dont have to.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    For most computers, even on low settings that fight annihilates fps, causing ppl to die.
    I don't really see the issue. I did stuff like this consistently with around 5 fps or so in the past. Low frame rate is not always the excuse.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vedni View Post
    Yeah, the maze ticks for a pitifully low amount of damage.
    Not true at all, it hits like a freight truck in LFR as well.

I've tested it with a 585 char trying to spend the whole minute in the maze cloud, after only 20 sec I would have been dead if i hadn't used a healthstone and returned to the path.

No offense but I have 2 jobs, night classes 4 days a week, and 3 kids to take care of. I really don't have time to learn every single boss mechanic in the game.

Deleted
    Don't queue for raids then.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frizzlewits View Post
    hmm that fight, soo bloody anoying.
    first few goes i tried. then stop caring.
    just dpsed till that phase and died. and turned on the telly.

lots off other ppl think meh, dont care cba dps as i can till i die pff. others will finish him
    Ladies and gentlemen, may I introduce the reason why the LFR gear nerfs are awesome!

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felwaffles View Post
    ToT hasn't been out for 2 years.
    Came here for that.

Am not disappointed. MoP isn't even 2 years out yet (very soon though).
    Much love to Indicate for creating. Eis' work

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post

I've tested it with a 585 char trying to spend the whole minute in the maze cloud, after only 20 sec I would have been dead if i hadn't used a healthstone and returned to the path.
    40k per second. There will be SOME smartheals and everyone can pop a defensive cooldown. Standing in maze out of range of healers and not using anything yourself? Sure you'll die.

Quote Originally Posted by dragothica View Post
    I don't think they die on the lazer but Eye Sore instead. On LFR it's damage should not be as lethal as it is as it is still so difficult to avoid and you know, on LFR people CBA avoiding stuff =)
    40k per second is far from lethal. And no they don't die from that. 95% of the time people die from beam. It's not hard to see the difference either, almost everyone goes from full hp to zero in 0.1 second.

Deleted
    Today in LFR, we killed him before the Eye Sore phase. That was a joyful experience... Hopefully there's gonna be more of these kinds of group compositions (ilvl / raid dps-wise), now that we're on the very end of the expansion cycle.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpette View Post
    almost everyone goes from full hp to zero in 0.1 second.
    ^This. Almost all deaths to Durumu happen during the first few seconds of the beam. There's no way that Eye Sore causes them.

10+ Year Old Account
    a thing i notice a lot is that once eye beam starts and the maze begins to form almost always on the right side. people go a full circle around durumu to reach the right side walking thought the beam the moment the beam is there..

No Tusk Club.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post

So this thread is at a point where a reaction time of 20 seconds is supposed to sound like a valid argument?

I gotta second the fps issues though. Old PC: instagib every time, new PC: np

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GutsAP View Post
    No offense but I have 2 jobs, night classes 4 days a week, and 3 kids to take care of. I really don't have time to learn every single boss mechanic in the game.
    But you have time to mindlessly push random buttons in a group full of retarded strangers to acquire gear for your wow toons, eh? No offense obviously

What amazes me is that they changed the maze to make it even EASIER after progression was over, and people STILL have no idea how it works. I can literally mark myself, scream at the raid to follow me, and they still don't pay attention. They don't want to learn because they're:
    1. too lazy to read the dungeon journal
    2. think LFR means a free carry to purples
    3. wildly inconsiderate to other raiders who actually want to get things done

You guys can complain all day that your computers can't handle the graphics and that you just don't have time to learn, but it boils down to the fact that you can't take 25 seconds to open the dungeon journal to read the ability AND you can't be bothered to follow the people who do know what they're doing. Giant purple fog? I'm sure it's fine, I'll just stay here and hope the healers can cover me! It's selfishness. This is why LFR is so horrible, because RAIDING is about working as a team and doing your part to accomplish a goal. LFR is stinking a bunch of bum strangers into a group and hoping they can figure out the mechanics of an intensely dumbed down version of a fight enough to be able to kill it.