Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Put on a French or Italian football jersey and go out for a stroll on the town. Hit up a few pubs. Shenanigans ensue.

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilan View Post
    Put on a French or Italian football jersey and go out for a stroll on the town. Hit up a few pubs. Shenanigans ensue.
    English Rugby jersey.

Stabbity fun.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    If Reeve isnt a gnome with a white wizard hat, I will be dissappointed.
    That isn't a gnome. That's Magical Trevor! The tricks that he does are ever so clever.
    Sig/ava made by the amazing Elyssia! ♥

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    English Rugby jersey.

Stabbity fun.
    The bartender serving me my (excellent) drinks tonight showed me the scar from his stab wound. He was a Celtics fan in a rangers area. Nice guy though. Total hustler. I got half my drinks for free though.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    Mother India's was definitely a win.
    Aw man, I could have opened my curtains and waved to you inside the restaurant from my house lol. I've actually never been inside Mother India but there's another indian restaurant almost right next door to it that I have been to and it's amazing despite being a little pricey (it's attatched to the Lorne Hotel http://www.bukharah.com/) and a pretty decent korean restaurant on the street over (http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaur..._Scotland.html)

Forgot to mention last time but Still Game are doing a show at the Hydro if you're still about round the 27th, should be a laugh if it's not sold out

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmelded View Post
    Aw man, I could have opened my curtains and waved to you inside the restaurant from my house lol. I've actually never been inside Mother India but there's another indian restaurant almost right next door to it that I have been to and it's amazing despite being a little pricey (it's attatched to the Lorne Hotel http://www.bukharah.com/) and a pretty decent korean restaurant on the street over (http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaur..._Scotland.html)

Forgot to mention last time but Still Game are doing a show at the Hydro if you're still about round the 27th, should be a laugh if it's not sold out
    I walked by there twice tonight.

I've never heard of Still Game but I'm in Glasgow until the 5th of October. Some nice dude in Mother India offered to take me round the pubs around Loch Lomond if I'm in Glasgow when he's here some time. I got three men's business cards tonight, which is nice I suppose, but I'd much rather get a girl's number. This always seems to be my trouble in Glasgow.

There was this girl named Victoria at Blytheswood Square though...
    Last edited by Reeve; 2014-09-23 at 01:15 PM.

Deleted
    Oh yeah. I know people have said you don't have to tip the servers. Is that really true? Makes me really uncomfortable.
    Its not like there is a rule against it, feel free, they wont say no! but it wont be expected, and it is not obligatory.....though I dont doubt it would be appreciated

I do hope you are getting out of Glasgow and heading north, some of the best scenery in the world not that far away. Love the highlands.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Houyi View Post
    Its not like there is a rule against it, feel free, they wont say no! but it wont be expected, and it is not obligatory.....though I dont doubt it would be appreciated

I do hope you are getting out of Glasgow and heading north, some of the best scenery in the world not that far away. Love the highlands.
    I'd like to. Not sure I'll have time though.

So last night, the bartender mentioned to me that there's still quite a lot of conflict between Catholics and Protestants in Glasgow. That the Celtics are really the Catholic team and the Rangers are the Protestant team, and that people use them as a proxy for religious/cultural conflict.

I thought that the UK (aside from Ireland) would have gotten past that whole Protestant v. Catholic thing back in like the 1700s. The whole concept of significant religious conflict in a city just seems kind of alien to me.

Deleted
    I'd like to. Not sure I'll have time though.

So last night, the bartender mentioned to me that there's still quite a lot of conflict between Catholics and Protestants in Glasgow. That the Celtics are really the Catholic team and the Rangers are the Protestant team, and that people use them as a proxy for religious/cultural conflict.

I thought that the UK (aside from Ireland) would have gotten past that whole Protestant v. Catholic thing back in like the 1700s. The whole concept of significant religious conflict in a city just seems kind of alien to me.
    It is pretty unique to Glasgow, I avoid that place like the fucking plague.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is pretty unique to Glasgow, I avoid that place like the fucking plague.
    Really? I quite like it here.

Deleted
    Really? I quite like it here.
    It is full of ignorant fucks that blame everybody for their own problems, I love Scotland but I think the country would be better off if Glasgow just vanished over night.

10+ Year Old Account
    Visit Springburn when you have some free time at night. Lovely wee area, if you want the locals to love you make sure and wear a Rangers top.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is full of ignorant fucks that blame everybody for their own problems, I love Scotland but I think the country would be better off if Glasgow just vanished over night.
    Well I haven't encountered those people yet. I'm sure there are some here, like there are most places, but my experiences thus far have always been a bunch of really welcoming people happy to have a chat with a foreigner.

I am curious. When did General Off-Topic become people's personal blog site?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    This topic beats the pants off everything you have ever posted.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quite a while ago, that chap from West New York used to use it as his personal blog.

I thought you'd like hearing about Scotland, they were your newest bestest buddies a week ago. Did you go off them when they voted to stay?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Quite a while ago, that chap from West New York used to use it as his personal blog.
    what happened to him anyway? i always enjoyed the challenge of reading his threads.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    what happened to him anyway? i always enjoyed the challenge of reading his threads.
    I got infracted the last time I talked about him, so I'm going to deny all knowledge of what you are talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Did you go off them when they voted to stay?
    http://news.nationalpost.com/2014/09...-were-tricked/

Alex Salmond suggests Scotland may unilaterally declare independence without another referendum, claims No voters were ‘tricked’
    They were intimidated into voting "No". I still support their desire to secede.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://news.nationalpost.com/2014/09...-were-tricked/

They were intimidated into voting "No". I still support their desire to secede.
    Firstly, I was taking the piss.

Secondly, y u hatez demokrasee cryban?

Showing support for a coup by the minority against the majority, isn't being their friend.