WoD Mount counter.

My question is simple....

Right now if you open your mount tab it will show which mounts you can use and "Total mounts owned: XXXX" showing exactly the amount of mounts you CAN USE.

With WoD and the opposite faction mounts showing on the tab.... does the counter increase in number?

Example (AN EXAMPLE THAT ASSUMES YOU ONLY OWE FACTION MOUNTS)

I have 3 mounts alliance and 1 mount horde. Counter showing (for alliance toon): 3. Counter showing (for horde toon): 1

The question is: In that example, the counter for all factions will show as 4 or still the same as it is now?

If someone can check in beta I will be very happy. Thanks!
    Last edited by Xeh.-; 2014-09-12 at 09:34 PM.

on the PTR it adds them together. Have fun running RBGs on both factions if you're a hardcore collector.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

Adds them together on the counter too? Seriously?

Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by PuppetShowJustice View Post
    on the PTR it adds them together. Have fun running RBGs on both factions if you're a hardcore collector.

I can easily transfer a toon that has one of the RBG mounts (the second you get after 150 wins) to horde side....

Quote Originally Posted by Xeh.- View Post
    I can easily transfer a toon that has one of the RBG mounts (the second you get after 150 wins) to horde side....
    How does that help? These mounts are still character specific so turning your RBG horse into an RBG wolf is still a single mount.

You would need to earn at least 6 of the RBG mounts in order to have the full set. Alliance has the horse and cat. Horde has the wolf and forsaken horse. WoD brings the Alliance RBG ram and the Horde RBG Raptor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PuppetShowJustice View Post
    How does that help? These mounts are still character specific so turning your RBG horse into an RBG wolf is still a single mount.

You would need to earn at least 6 of the RBG mounts in order to have the full set. Alliance has the horse and cat. Horde has the wolf and forsaken horse. WoD brings the Alliance RBG ram and the Horde RBG Raptor.
    He means he has multiple characters with the horde one, so faction swapping one to alliance won't be hassle.

Also, technically the mount counter currently ingame counts some you can't use. For my druid it doesn't count class specific (paladin etc), but it does count profession ones, such as the flying carpet, but doesn't let me use them. I think one of my paladins has more mounts than any other characters, due to his having the argent tournament paladin horse

Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    He means he has multiple characters with the horde one, so faction swapping one to alliance won't be hassle.

Also, technically the mount counter currently ingame counts some you can't use. For my druid it doesn't count class specific (paladin etc), but it does count profession ones, such as the flying carpet, but doesn't let me use them. I think one of my paladins has more mounts than any other characters, due to his having the argent tournament paladin horse
    This is correct. My DK had the most mounts after they went accountwide due to having the 2 class mounts. My Hunter is my actual collection character and didn't overtake my DK until I started getting the Vicious War mounts and the CM bird. The carpets and engineering copters are necessary for +mount total even if your collection character can't actually ride them. But this is the first time that the other faction's mounts have added to one's mount total and it looks like it's going to be a huge headache going forward.

Ok so I have been checking around... You dont need the RBG victories anymore, if you win 100 arenas you get a Vicious War Saddle that can be turned for any of the 2 mounts. Per season you have the chance of getting 1 Saddle per toon.

I have 252 is kewl, shouldnt take me long... I have done way more time consuming stuff like world first legit 5k pvp pet battles with 1 toon only...

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh yeah, I just wanted to clear it up

My Paladin did have 3 more mounts (2 base class mounts and the argent tournament one) than my druid (my druid being my main), but now my Druid has the CM phoenix so he's caught up slightly

As a side point, the Argent tournament mount is character bound, as neither of my other Paladins can use it.

I have little interest in PvP so don't have the RBG ones (never done an rbg since they implemented them ), I have a decent ish collection of 215-220 or so, which will go up when I get all 4 CM phoenix' if nothing else

I think the problem some people have with the mount counter counting both factions is that those with high mount totals think it will diminish their rare "collect xx mounts" achievement. Then there's those who don't play alliance. I think my only issue with it will be that it means a longer list of mounts to scroll through when looking for a mount, so going to have to use the search function more.