Affdots and Eventhorizon

Is there any major differences or benefit of one over the other beyond simple personal preference?
    Does one have any major advantages over the other?

I currently use Affdots, but was thinking about giving eventhorizon a go since we are done for the most part with progression stuff and learning a new addon won't hurt the raid. Just wanted to ask before I go through configuring it into my UI.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoldor View Post
    Is there any major differences or benefit of one over the other beyond simple personal preference?
    Does one have any major advantages over the other?

I currently use Affdots, but was thinking about giving eventhorizon a go since we are done for the most part with progression stuff and learning a new addon won't hurt the raid. Just wanted to ask before I go through configuring it into my UI.
    Author of EventHorizon here!

EventHorizon won't tell you the relative power of the DoTs compared to when they're cast. It will show you how your DoTs/CDs/Channels all line up though.

EventHorizon is more of a general rotational timing addon, and less of a dedicated DoT power tracker like AffDots is.

Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    Author of EventHorizon here!

EventHorizon won't tell you the relative power of the DoTs compared to when they're cast. It will show you how your DoTs/CDs/Channels all line up though.

EventHorizon is more of a general rotational timing addon, and less of a dedicated DoT power tracker like AffDots is.
    You were the reason I was looking at changing. I enjoy your guides and input. So really I could use them in conjunction and probably cut down on other addons especially since affdots won't be as useful in WoD with the removal of snapshot. While Event will still be great for CB, manual CDs and such.

Thanks for the help!

Quote Originally Posted by Zoldor View Post
    You were the reason I was looking at changing. I enjoy your guides and input. So really I could use them in conjunction and probably cut down on other addons especially since affdots won't be as useful in WoD with the removal of snapshot. While Event will still be great for CB, manual CDs and such.

Thanks for the help!
    NP Need me some 10 chars

Didn't even know about existence of that addon. Was wondering wether to keep affdots after removal of snapshoting. Will definitely try EventHorison now
    Zerel the Insane
    "That Orphanage Attacked Me!"

Deleted
    Never heard of this AddOn (EventHorizon) either but it sounds interesting. I don't think marketing was the purpose of this thread but it seems to have worked well. Will check it out!