Page 1 of 2
LastLast

General Stat Weighting for PTR/6.0

Can someone please post a general guideline for Arms and Fury Stat Weights on the PTR/6.0?

Unfortunately I wasn't able to sim my level 90 character on the PTR because logging in today just isn't working. I did, however, sim my level 100, 660 item level, warrior from the beta. The stat weights I got from my sim are as follows (normalized around strength). Wdps: 1.92, Str: 1, AP: 0.91, Crit: 0.58, Multistrike: 0.44, Versatility: 0.38, Haste: 0.26, and Mastery: 0.24. Hope this helps. I'll update w/ level 90 PTR stat weights if I ever actually get into the PTR.

http://downloads.simulationcraft.org...-scale-factors

You can also click on the specific warrior to get a better organized stat weight section:
    http://downloads.simulationcraft.org...l#raid-summary

T17P = 660 PVP Gear
    T17 2/4 bonuses are enabled below:
    T17N = 665 Raid Gear
    T17H = 680 Raid Gear
    T17M = 695 Raid Gear

The gear is NOT optimized, but the stat weights shouldn't shift around much.

One Exception: Haste's value is inflated for TG Fury due to a haste breakpoint that I haven't properly geared characters for yet. ATM, Haste up to 11-12%~ is the best secondary for TG Fury. That's extremely easy to get though.

Also, please take into account that this simulation models the numerous bugs that blizzard has in game. Including,
    1: Activating Enrage deactivates crazed berserker's off-hand bonus.
    2: Rend dot doesn't scale with Seasoned Soldier
    3: Execute Off-hand hits for 150% weapon damage, instead of 300%
    4: Arms Whirlwind hits for 240%, it should hit for 200%
    5: Mastery damage increase is rounding down (Flooring, technically)... so 59.99% mastery is a 59.00% damage increase.
    6: The following attacks do not proc bloodbath:
    Heroic Throw, Execute Off-hand, Storm Bolt Off-Hand, Ravager, Siegebreaker Off-hand, Enhanced Rend

When blizzard fixes these bugs they will need to also nerf fury, which will shift stat weights around some invariably.

How is it possible to SIM a PTR toon? Where do you pull the character data from?

Quote Originally Posted by Keensteel View Post
    How is it possible to SIM a PTR toon? Where do you pull the character data from?

http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/simulationcraft

Stick this in your PTR/Beta addon folder, type /simc in game, it'll pop up a window with a bunch of information about your character.

Like so:

It's already selected, press ctrl +c on the keyboard to copy it, and then ctrl+v into simulationcraft.

Then just simulate, it'll use the default action list for whatever spec you imported.

The default profiles in simulationcraft are put together manually, which is why I didn't spend a lot of time on them so far.

is the 1% crit from BE going to be better than the orc racial in WoD?

Warriors stat weight on WoD and 6.0 are as follow. They are all very OP to the point that theyre breaking DPS metters. And Gladiator warriors is just lol as theyre half tanks and yet pull more DPS than even pure warrior DPS specs.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DakonBlackblade View Post
    And Gladiator warriors is just lol as theyre half tanks and yet pull more DPS than even pure warrior DPS specs.
    This is going to be the fun part of the expansion where you have to explain that Warriors in Gladiator stance aren't tanks, like, at all. It makes about as much sense as saying an Arms Warrior who switches in to Protection stance is now a tank.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Quote Originally Posted by Rustweaver View Post
    This is going to be the fun part of the expansion where you have to explain that Warriors in Gladiator stance aren't tanks, like, at all. It makes about as much sense as saying an Arms Warrior who switches in to Protection stance is now a tank.
    They should do somethign to the UI to show glad warriors as DPS cause its gona be a mess in LFR and random 5 mans to explain to ppl the gladiator is not a tank.

Quote Originally Posted by DakonBlackblade View Post
    Warriors stat weight on WoD and 6.0 are as follow. They are all very OP to the point that theyre breaking DPS metters. And Gladiator warriors is just lol as theyre half tanks and yet pull more DPS than even pure warrior DPS specs.
    Well yeah aside from the fact that Gladiator is behind Fury/Arms on single target and way behind them on AOE.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

On single target, warrior damage is on the high side but not in the "holy shit nerf" category. Fury's scaling with UQT is too high within a single tier, so something will need to be done there.

They'll probably do aoe tuning this week, and if they don't nerf fury/arms aoe by a significant amount I will be very surprised.

Hey Collision, would you mind posting a brief summary rotation list for Arms/Fury for the action lists you used in those sims, just so we could have all this info in one place? I know it'd be useful at least in the case of Fury seeing as everyone's so confused on how it plays (and rightfully so).

Two other questions:

Arms is currently the best spec for T17 because it has a lot of cleave right? So what about SoO 6.0? Will Fury be the go-to spec for that, or is there enough cleave that Arms will be better?

Also, Storm Bolt simmed the highest for both Fury and Arms, so why Dragon Roar? Are there times where you'd make talent/glyph switches? (like AoE/single target)?

Edit: Forgot one question: T164P, worth using as Arms/Fury for 6.0 SoO? Seems like it for Arms since Execute hits so hard but I'd like to know for sure.
    Last edited by Felroar; 2014-09-15 at 02:18 PM.

Collision or other guy with good theorycrafting knowledge, can you explain one thing to me?
    I dont get why Haste is better than MS/Mastery for prot/glad.
    For glad, with the change to SC (7s duration) we dont need more Haste to fill another GDC inside it.
    And for prot, the only benefit is the reduction to GCD and some important skills (wich results in more rage reg, but wtv).
    Is it because of a soft breakpoint you guys talked before in another thread?
    Don't make funny of me, If you don't understand what I said.
    I'm just a guy with poor studies, that don't have english as first language

Quote Originally Posted by CollisionTD View Post
    They'll probably do aoe tuning this week, and if they don't nerf fury/arms aoe by a significant amount I will be very surprised.
    I've never been so excited for nerfs, since it can mean more playstyle choice. Players need to see that the current class design devs can at least balance, if they can't design or communicate.

Quote Originally Posted by Felroar View Post
    Hey Collision, would you mind posting a brief summary rotation list for Arms/Fury for the action lists you used in those sims, just so we could have all this info in one place? I know it'd be useful at least in the case of Fury seeing as everyone's so confused on how it plays (and rightfully so).

Two other questions:

Arms is currently the best spec for T17 because it has a lot of cleave right? So what about SoO 6.0? Will Fury be the go-to spec for that, or is there enough cleave that Arms will be better?

Also, Storm Bolt simmed the highest for both Fury and Arms, so why Dragon Roar? Are there times where you'd make talent/glyph switches? (like AoE/single target)?

Edit: Forgot one question: T164P, worth using as Arms/Fury for 6.0 SoO? Seems like it for Arms since Execute hits so hard but I'd like to know for sure.
    The difference between dragon roar and storm bolt is extremely minor, and it's easier to work a 1 minute cd into the gcd-locked fuckfest that is fury than a 30 second cd. Plus, if it accidentally clips 2 targets it'll be better, and most fights in T17 have some type of cleave/aoe.

I'd wait until aoe tuning is completed before saying any spec is better than the other. The AoE tuning will likely end up changing how our single target rotations function, so I'll post simple rotation guides after that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Diograo View Post
    Collision or other guy with good theorycrafting knowledge, can you explain one thing to me?
    For glad, with the change to SC (7s duration) we dont need more Haste to fill another GDC inside it.
    And for prot, the only benefit is the reduction to GCD and some important skills (wich results in more rage reg, but wtv).
    Sorry, I forgot that link was before I fixed shield charge to extend 7 seconds. As expected, the change reduced the value of haste quite a bit.

The difference between dragon roar and storm bolt is extremely minor, and it's easier to work a 1 minute cd into the gcd-locked fuckfest that is fury than a 30 second cd. Plus, if it accidentally clips 2 targets it'll be better, and most fights in T17 have some type of cleave/aoe.
    Does this essentially mean Storm Bolt for Single Target and Dragon Roar for 2+ targets? For both Arms and Fury?

Sorry, I forgot that link was before I fixed shield charge to extend 7 seconds. As expected, the change reduced the value of haste quite a bit.
    I only mention this because I assume it's an easy change. Can you make those wowhead links point to wod.wowhead.com instead of mop.wowhead.com?

Really appreciate all of the hard work!

Quote Originally Posted by Diograo View Post

While Collision posted the stat weights in the 660 pvp gear he didn't mention specifically in this thread why Haste's value plummets. In another thread he pointed out that Blizzard managed to create Haste breakpoints in a game that shouldn't have Haste breakpoints (see Blizz's attitude to magic DoT snapshotting and haste breakpoints for additional DoT ticks) due to Haste reducing Warriors' GCD. With enough Haste it's possible to fit another GCD into things like Shield Charge and Colossus Smash but, given all the changes around these abilities, it's no longer much of an issue to reach the first Haste breakpoint (something like 2.15% Haste needed if you account for raidwide Haste buff) as Gladiator.

But yeah, once you have enough Haste to reach a specific breakpoint then its value generally falls to zero, relative to other stats, since it doesn't do anything meaningful beyond slightly increasing Rage generation and lowering ability cd/GCD until you can reach the next breakpoint. In the case of Gladiator, you'll need something like 22% Haste to reach the next breakpoint but the extra ability isn't necessarily better than the amount of alternative secondary stats you lose to reach that breakpoint.
    Last edited by Trubo; 2014-09-15 at 04:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tarix View Post
    I only mention this because I assume it's an easy change. Can you make those wowhead links point to wod.wowhead.com instead of mop.wowhead.com?

Really appreciate all of the hard work!

The wowhead links do point at wod.wowhead.com, but the tooltips are disabled when more than (10?) characters are simulated, as it was making the client freeze whenever the report was loading inside simulationcraft. If they're showing up in that link, it might be something that your browser is doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    Well yeah aside from the fact that Gladiator is behind Fury/Arms on single target and way behind them on AOE.
    If you are looking at the SimulationCraft CollisionTD posted, like he said, the gear is not optimized. The gladiator sim is not wearing any armor gear, the stat that double all the other. We are talking about 5 piece that are far from being good for him.
    MMO-Champion, once the place to get WoW News, now the home of the haters and their clickbait and doomsaying threads