Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    The Finnish government has never been caught spying on anyone. Is our government and are our agents just so fucking superior to the US agents that they don't get caught? Or, could it be, that ours don't spy on people?

Also, where are the stories of other European spies being caught? I know there are some, of course; but where's the bulk? Are 99% of the world's countries better at it than the US?
    "caught".

Nothing that comes about the NSA is new or was exactly secret.

Espionage is by definition a hostile act. Its just not recognized as casus belli under the laws of war.

However, egregious cyber-espionage may fall under cyber-war, which would be casus belli.

In other words, a country would be within its rights to blow NSA to kingdom come. Its just most countries don't particularly want to face the inevitable US response.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vetinari View Post
    Espionage is by definition a hostile act. Its just not recognized as casus belli under the laws of war.

However, egregious cyber-espionage may fall under cyber-war, which would be casus belli.

In other words, a country would be within its rights to blow NSA to kingdom come. Its just most countries don't particularly want to face the inevitable US response.
    Says the Australian. The wildlife of Australia is causus belli due to the risk of global apocalypse if it ever spreads to other continents. A country would be within its rights to blow Australia to kingdom come.
    And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
    Revelation 6:8

Quote Originally Posted by DEATHETERNAL View Post
    Says the Australian. The wildlife of Australia is causus belli due to the risk of global apocalypse if it ever spreads to other continents. A country would be within its rights to blow Australia to kingdom come.
    Living in Australia is like playing life on Hardcore mode man, put one foot wrong and the drop bears will eat you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vetinari View Post

Espionage isn't a hostile act though...there are degrees of espionage that could be considered hostile but espionage alone isn't hostile...

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    "caught".

Nothing that comes about the NSA is new or was exactly secret.
    That does not mean they don't get caught every decade in new foolishness.. or at least every other, i guess using Echelon for industrial espionage was the 90s [edit: obviously the NSA working for private corporate interests was meant to be a secret]

I mean they do not exactly look like they can keep their secrets.
    Last edited by Xarkan; 2014-09-13 at 06:47 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    People still use Yahoo for things? They should be investigated!
    You're a towel.

Dude, we recently found out that your own government was spying on your citizens like a fucking Bond villain and you people barely give a shit.

What makes you think this revelation is going to inspire Americans to tear themselves away from their twitters and alcoholism?

Quote Originally Posted by TZK203 View Post
    I'm more concerned about the massive amounts of water they are using to cool down their hardware in places like Utah. Such a waste of water for no good purpose.
    Would be a valid concern, except it's a loop.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

Deleted
    Crap.
    The NSA has access to my hedonistic omnisexual hentai sites!!!

Quote Originally Posted by zhero View Post
    i honestly don't see how they can fine them 250k/day to begin with.
    Did these companies bend over at first threath? Or did they try to take it to court?
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Luckily I have no interest in Catgirl Simulator 2014 or whatever it is.
    Said while playing WoW with cow, wolf, panda and fox girls.

Quote Originally Posted by TZK203 View Post
    I'm more concerned about the massive amounts of water they are using to cool down their hardware in places like Utah. Such a waste of water for no good purpose.
    All the voters are worried about how much the NSA is spending. lol

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

15+ Year Old Account
    What I think is funny is that there are actually people who believe there are dudes at the NSA reading their email. It's as if they think the few thousand guys employed by the NSA are capable of going through the email of all of the industrialized world.

Google, doesn't want to pay 250k a day? 91.25m a year to protect the privacy of their customers seems too high a price?

The government isn't going to do anything about big businesses not complying with them, besides fine them, that's all we ever do. "Hey you bank over there, you made 2 billion off breaking the law, here is 600m fine! You still have a net 1.4bn profit!" Like that's all this country ever does.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Exeris View Post
    Did these companies bend over at first threath? Or did they try to take it to court?
    Yahoo took it to court.
    Last edited by Themius; 2014-09-13 at 12:55 PM.