10+ Year Old Account

My feedback/list of things I'd like to see changed in Diablo 3.

Posted over on the official forums, figured I'd post here too to get some more replies. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/14420051892

• Greatly reduce the Veiled Crystal cost for crafting and reforging or increase how many you get from salvaging. 90 yellow pieces of gear to craft something is insane especially when you factor in the other mats it takes. 50 to reforge a chest one time is even more insane. Not a fan of capping blood shards just to reroll my chest twice or craft 1 pair of gloves for my alt. Also. Kadala should give more Crystals/Dust if the item costs more blood shards.
    • Trade system where we can trade a Forgotten Soul or Death's Breath for 25-50 or so Veiled Crystals, 50-100 or so Arcane Dust, gems etc. and vice versa. The ability to trade gem colors and break down larger gems back back into smaller ones. Drop rates on bigger gems should be higher on higher torment levels.
    • Loot all/aoe loot button.
    • Option to not pick up health potions automatically.
    • Greatly increased gem crafting time.
    • More storage space and a menu to see what's on other characters and in their bags like we had with the RMAH. Each class should have storage equal to the current stash size. I don't understand the reasoning behind such limited storage. Without mules, we can't play alts and theorycraft and try new builds or save gear that may not be good now but would be later with certain gear. My favorite thing to do in this game is theorycraft and build sets for the builds I come up with. Storage has been making this extremely difficult and also puts me off from playing sometimes.
    • Electrified fixed. It's unbelievably overtuned for melee in group play and no amount of toughness or avoidance will keep you from getting insta-gibbed especially when friends have pets and you're playing a charge barb. Please refer to my thread on this. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/top...8977789?page=1
    • Account wide followers so we don't have to constantly transfer gear. It's tedious enough constantly transferring and moving around our own gear. This was planned if I remember correctly, what happened?
    • The ability to transmog any weapon of the same type to any other weapon, like 1h to 1h, 2h to 2h. 2h swords get no love. I've been told it's due to animation restrictions? Don't know if it's true, but I also have a thread on this. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/14277907928#1
    • The fact that there's really only 3 usable rings in the game. RoRG, Unity, SoJ.
    • The fact that we can only socket legendary gems into jewelry, further increasing the value of jewelery, which way too much of our damage comes from already. IMO remove or reduce ChD from jewelry and give it to us baseline to open up more build options and gear choices. Currently for a necklace, main stat or elemental, cc, chd and socket are mandatory. Rings are not much better. Too much of the gear in this game is a shard because of this. Ramaladni's should also work on jewelry IMO.
    • The insane lag in certain areas of this game. Cesspools for example. 4.7ghz cpu, gtx 670 single or sli, doesn't matter, stilldrop to literally single digit fps. Makes it a nightmare when you're doing something like a high level Grift as a Raekor Barb.
    • Greater Rift level slider. If you've completed up to say 30, have a slider that just takes your regular keystone and lets you set it from 1-30. No more trial after the first time (but maybe the option to do it for funsies or to test a new build/gear?). Currently, if you fail, you must go back and do the trial and subsequent lower level Grifts before you get to where you were again and you might get horrible RNG where there's no density and/or Heaven and Westmarch mobs, which I'll cover in a second. Upon rift completion, you get the keystone for the next level to save for later like you can currently. This way, you won't be able to constantly use 1 keystone for lower Grifts, as it consumes it and gives you back the higher version that will only let you do from that level up to your max and only the regular keystones give you option to start from 1.
    • Normalize mob damage in adventure mode or at least just in rifts. Currently greater rift progression and the enjoyment of rifts in general is determined by which mobs you get from which act. They get MUCH worse just like in the normal game. Heaven and Westmarch mobs are so much worse than the first couple of acts due to their mechanics and damage. This is not a good design for competitive play. It leaves it up to RNG.
    • The density is another big factor in greater rifts that determines how well you do. Some levels like the underground cave place shouldn't exist in Grifts or needs the density greatly increased. You can get places like the graveyard where you have hundreds of mobs everywhere and then the caves where there's groups of 3 with 15 second runs in between. This isn't balanced and these things are what could make or break your progress and there's nothing you can do about it.
    • Rift guardians should always spawn on top of you. On multiple occasions I've wasted more than a minute or two searching for it because it isn't being pinged on the map.

I believe if these things were addressed, the game would be so much more enjoyable and balanced. I'm sure I'll think of more and if I do I'll try to update. Thanks for reading!
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy

Nice changes. I'd agree with all of them except:

Veiled crystal for crafting. It's a big sink, it's supposed to be. Yesterday I had around 1300 veiled crystals. Today I went to craft some stuff for my tank monk and I had none. It's good, unlike reusable parts which I have thousands of, and deaths breath. Maybe allowing to trade materials like you said would be good.

Also a few of my own:

Make legendary gem levels "account wide". So if I have 2 Bane of the trapped, one on my DH and one on my barb for example, they will share the levels. Their really is no reason not to, all it means is when switching character I have to take the gem out of the socket, put it in the stash, and re socket it. Maybe allow you to buy the ability as some kind of gold sink, not sure.

Paragon points in more stats past 800. Once you have every stat at 50, you cannot put more points in them. Only mainstat and vitality as you know. What I would like to see is, once you have put 50 into every single option, including gold find. You can then put more points into them. But if you reset your points so that they're all pooled and ready to be spent again, you can only put up to 50 in each. Then once 50 is in each, the next points you earn can be put into them. If you get what I mean by this.

I'd like something like this, or along those lines, infinite progression is fun, but not when you can only get more health or main stat. Having a temporary cap until you had enough points in each would allow characters to get stronger without allowing them to stack too many stats all at once.

Now my big idea!

A way to combine item effects. Such as nemesis bracers. If you have them, you carry them around and switch to it before a pack. How about a giant gold sink and material sink. EG: 100M Gold, xxx Forgotten souls, xxxx reusable parts, xxx arcane dust, xxx veiled crystal, xxx deaths breath. You could take the effect from the nemesis bracers and add it to your current bracers. And perhaps have a chance of it fail and consume the item you're trying to remove the effect from, depending on how good it is. Like lets say nemesis could have a 50% success rate. Whereas if you were trying to put on the effect of, rimeheart? ontop of your current weapon, it could be an extremely slim chance 1-5% and if it fails you lose the materials (and maybe the item). This would also allow an item sink for those such as myself that are holding onto A LOT of "junk".

Their could be a limit on the extra effects, or something. Such as only one elemental immunity per character or something or one extra effect per item slot. A lot of stuff would need to be ironed out, but I believe this would be the best route to allow people to really shoot for those long term goals such as GR 100 without adding ridiculously OP legendaries, just allow us to make our own over a ridiculous amount of time. Of course their would have to be limitations, what those would be I don't know, I'm not a game designer, but the basic concept of it seems a good way to keep progressing.
    Last edited by -Skye; 2014-09-17 at 05:02 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TCGamer View Post
    If I had the cash to pay a DDoSer, I would in a heartbeat. Especially with the way the anti-legacy crowd has been attacked by the pro-legacy crowd day in and day out.

I'd like a way to reset an area without exiting the game. Seems super clunky.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Resetting an area, even if it took a couple minutes without exiting the game would be really nice.

I'd really like an option to not pick up health potions, an option in the UI would suffice. I don't mind picking up items but potions are useless once you have a legendary potion. Also it would be nice to automatically pick up gems, white parts, veiled crystals and arcane dust by just moving over top of them.

Outside of that most things in the game are good. I think greater rifts need to be looked at in regards to how much of a swing in difficulty they can pose at times. It's weird when you do a 34 and it's easier than a 30 or 32 for instance because of mob type, random shrines, map type and the density of mobs. Nothing worse than being 10-15% ahead of the timer only to run into a map with imps or gloom wraiths scattered in small packs everywhere, with no elites to be seen in site. Seriously it takes like 50 of those fuckers to make up 1% of the progress bar.

Trials are the only other annoying part of greater rifts. I think once you unlock a certain starting point you should be able to jump right into that one, or something along those lines.

Gifts are pretty rare, I think having them be used on jewelry would be nice as well. Have to be careful using them because you now have 4 potential things to use them on, and 4 slots that typically give the most damage.

Unity is too strong in solo play with the unkillable follower unfortunately. Some rings need to be looked at to boost their power, because at high end rifts only a couple of them are viable.

Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post

Unity is too strong in solo play with the unkillable follower unfortunately. Some rings need to be looked at to boost their power, because at high end rifts only a couple of them are viable.
    Yeah, I got a band of the rue chambers (I think the name was) the other day on my monk. Had never seen one before and haven't been playing monk too long. Sounded fucking awesome, 50% more spirit from generators combined with eye of peshkov and infused with light rune on breath of heaven, the spirit would of been flowing. But then within a few seconds I remembered "oh, RoRG, unity.. SoJ" and I was sad.
    Quote Originally Posted by TCGamer View Post
    If I had the cash to pay a DDoSer, I would in a heartbeat. Especially with the way the anti-legacy crowd has been attacked by the pro-legacy crowd day in and day out.

Salvages parts : Option to pick up salvages parts automatically.
    Gems : Option to pick up gems automatically.
    Leg Gems : Make them account wide and usable like the "Toy" tab that WoD is using.
    Potions : Option to NOT pick up potions automatically.
    Storage space : Add another tab and then Add one or two character specific tab. Remove the salvages parts from the storage unit and give them their own storage (like golds and shards).
    Followers : Make them account wide or give us the opportunity to easily swap gears between them.
    Multiplayer options : Have an option to select "Bounties" when selecting multiplayer mode. Right now "Monster slaying" is about rifts. And Rifts and GRifts are about rifts and GRifts. Everything is about rifts
    RoRG : make the ring drop from all Torment content (since the ring is mandatory for any HL content, it's kind of a shame to limit the drop to only A1 bounties).
    Rifts : Like GR, make the player port automatically in the rift when it begins. Tired of the AFK's in town who are only joining for the final kill.
    Greater Rifts : Mob density is a joke right now. Highest priority.
    Last edited by Titebiere83; 2014-09-18 at 12:14 PM.
    Forum discussions are almost completely worthless to developers. It is a bunch of uninformed idiotic users screaming their untested crappy ass ideas over everyone else. Real data comes from studying what people do in game, how they react to changes, etc.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I expected a laundry list of things that were ridiculous and I adamantly disagreed with, was pleasantly surprised. I like a lot of ideas, especially shared follower gear, but things like reducing mat costs and whatnot seem integral to the grindy nature of ARPGs and I don't really care for having that shortened so we can feel successful quicker. I'm mostly on board with being able to convert mats perhaps with the enchanter transmuting them for a cost. MoP enchanting mats functioned similarly and it felt pretty good.
    BAD WOLF

I want trading as my 1# thing. Id love to play all the classes and builds inn Diablo3, like I tried/did for inn Diablo2, was awesome...I have 4 wizards on my NL diablo2 account(s) for a reason
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree with everything, Good list OP! to add to this.

Electrified fixed. It's unbelievably overtuned for melee in group play and no amount of toughness or avoidance will keep you from getting insta-gibbed especially when friends have pets and you're playing a charge barb. Please refer to my thread on this. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/top...8977789?page=1
    This so hard. Nothing like exploding up in a instant in MP because of this BS affix.
    Remember, A Man may break a Woman's Heart - But a Woman will destroy a Man's life. - SJK @ the #Antiwokenessworld

Deleted
    Huh. This would make the game too easy and as a result I'd be bored within days.

I'd like to have a mass sell button in addition to mass salvage, though.

Adding automatic Health Pot pickup with the launch of Reaper of Souls, at the same time as the Legendary Pots got added, WITHOUT the option of turning the automatic pickup off, has got to be the most annoying change ever made in this game.
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

I have one more fix;

Jailor. Do something about it, anything. Make it possible to dodge, or nuke the damage component down, but fact of the matter is, there is nothing, absolutely nothing fun about being BLASTED by a totally unavoidable, full-health-to-dead nuclear jailor at 30+ GRifts. It's not fun or interesting, it's just tedious. If it's going to do such an obscene amount of damage, it should at least be dodgeable with maybe a 1 or 2 second window.

As for mob types/locations for grifts, I feel that that should still be left up to RNG. Density however, should go up across the board. If it's not as dense as a zombie rift, it's not dense enough, no matter the mobtype, and every single area should be able to be as dense a zombie-filled graveyard rift. No matter the mobtype, you hear me!

Oh what's that, you got mallet lords? NO MATTER THE MOBTYPE
    Last edited by Herecius; 2014-09-19 at 09:31 AM.

Storage and then more storage for me.
    LFGdating
    Currently playing: WoW, D3, SC2, and wait for it ... Red Alert 3. (And possibly some Goldeneye here or there.)

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Would like an option to trash higher level gems for lower level ones of a color you want. Don't need all those high-end Rubies? "Salvage" them for a tier (or even two tiers) lower quality of the color you want. Would cost a ton, but with the Greed portals around now you wouldn't have to wait quite so long to upgrade gems you really want/need!

Deleted
    I'd welcome the addition of Torment 7 to 9 as well.