Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Seems like it's harder to hit legend now without spending money/time since Naxxramas is out. Personally haven't done it all yet since I have no gold since I haven't played in a long time, and I'm having a much harder time getting past rank 5 or so. Every good deck seems to be running Naxx cards, either the 2/2s that give you a secret for Mage/Hunter, or Loetheb for basically every deck, and sludge belchers and everything. Had a much easier time climbing ladder back when I played before, obviously Naxx doesn't take that long to complete, but if you don't have gold getting to 700 takes over a week even if you do every quest you get.

Deleted
    Do it with another Hero this time round and record it, I'd love to see it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    Seems like it's harder to hit legend now without spending money/time since Naxxramas is out. Personally haven't done it all yet since I have no gold since I haven't played in a long time, and I'm having a much harder time getting past rank 5 or so. Every good deck seems to be running Naxx cards, either the 2/2s that give you a secret for Mage/Hunter, or Loetheb for basically every deck, and sludge belchers and everything. Had a much easier time climbing ladder back when I played before, obviously Naxx doesn't take that long to complete, but if you don't have gold getting to 700 takes over a week even if you do every quest you get.
    If you were playing before Naxx, and you STILL don't have the gold for it, there's not really much to say here. You should have saved gold.

And if you HAVE done Naxx and you're referring to other people's strife... what's the problem? It's not like a new player is looking to jump straight into rank 5+...
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mongoose6 View Post
    agreed, dropping handlocks to low health as a hunter isn't as big of a problem anymore with cards like sludge belcher in play. I'm waiting to see if handlocks start running kt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    It's actually a pretty smart move if you've got UTH and at least one Hunter's Mark in hand, as you can bait them into throwing up the Molten taunt wall then bust it immediately, throwing immense pressure to get more minions out and burst him down before the hunter pings/KCs the handlock to death
    Well, he clearly didn't get the memo as he was only able to put out 2 damage the turn after, meaning I could just smack him in the face with all the giants and soulfire my way to victory.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    Well, he clearly didn't get the memo as he was only able to put out 2 damage the turn after, meaning I could just smack him in the face with all the giants and soulfire my way to victory.
    People can be dumb =)
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    People can be dumb =)
    I disagree, everyone is super intelligent and blah blah /sarcasm

It was a low-ranked match, so I wasn't expecting him to play perfectly.

I've started using misdirect instead of freezing trap lately, everyone tends to toe the water for the freezing trap and then they get jacked when it's misdirect. Especially true for handlocks, nothing like watching one 9/9 taunt slam into the other 9/9 taunt lol.

I think what this thread really proves is something that most already know. Hunters aren't dead. They had a crazy card mechanic nerfed, but that didn't kill the class. Good nerf IMO.

I've started using misdirect instead of freezing trap lately, everyone tends to toe the water for the freezing trap and then they get jacked when it's misdirect. Especially true for handlocks, nothing like watching one 9/9 taunt slam into the other 9/9 taunt lol.

I think what this thread really proves is something that most already know. Hunters aren't dead. They had a crazy card mechanic nerfed, but that didn't kill the class. Good nerf IMO.
    Essentially it just means that if you're going to do a buzzard UTH combo you have to wait until turn 8 instead of turn 5. Which is quite doable if you manage to protect your face that long.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Not that it matters. Hunters are heavily favored against Handlock.

Deleted
    EDIT: Removed post. Posting while in a bad mood doesn't always end well.
    Last edited by mmoc75503c8c8b; 2014-09-30 at 07:06 AM.