Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by juice9 View Post
    Amazed that you managed to get legendary tbh
    It has been proven MANY times over that good deck design plays more of a role than throwing money at the game.
    Sure, you can copy someone else's successful deck by throwing money at the game, but there are very capable decks on much lower budgets simply not receiving as much attention due to them not being as "shiny".
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    The "average player" is decently good but not great. 10-15 is a solid hangout for them.
    That's the average good player, not the average player.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mongoose6 View Post
    Case in point, I've never played against Mehman but i'm pretty sure they're better at this game than I. Yet, I'm well past rank 15 right now. Reasons could include better RNG with match ups, better RNG with card draw, or more time spent playing.

(This also could possibly be linked to Mehman's preference for granny smith apples over Fuji apples when Fuji apples clearly have a higher concentration of catechins)
    Well, uhm, thank you..

That said, I'm only rank 14 this season as I've not been playing too much (and my arena decks are enough to do my dailies), but I'm still riding my original winstreak.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dilbon View Post
    That would be the average ranked player.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kyraka View Post
    You need ~40% win ratio to get to rank 5 (win 4, loose 5 and you advance)
    I keep seeing people say stuff like this, but in my actual games played this is not what happens. Unless you win 3 in a row, you don't progress as you stated. Every other game I've seen is a 1 for 1 ratio of stars for wins and losses. I've only played to rank 14, because I don't spend a lot of time and frequently try out decks in ranked b/c idc about making legend. I'd put my win rate playing all sorts of decks at roughly what you have described and only win streaks move me up. Typically those happen for me when dailies are the two decks I actually made to win games. The others are just random decks I play for fun.
    BAD WOLF

15+ Year Old Account
    That's right. The largest groups of game players are generally made up of people who are decent but not astounding.

Thus, average.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Rank 5 is where I'm stuck.

You need ~40% win ratio to get to rank 5 (win 4, loose 5 and you advance)
    Assuming those 4 wins tie into a win streak, yes. Though I feel like if you can manage a 4 win streak every time, then why do you only have a 40% win rate? Reality is you're likely going to have a little over 50% win-rate to make it happen, unless RNG blesses you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razia
    Hey Garrosh, stop screaming so loud. No, you can scream, it's alright. Just take it down about... 5% please. Thanks!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdumb View Post
    Play zoo like most other scrubs, jump on them bandwagons
    zoo can be defeated with a taunt deck.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

I got to rank 1, few more wins and I will hit my goal
    Here is the link to my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/lobostarc/videos

Just posted update after the nerf.

I started with some loses, but then everything got back to normal and I grinded from rank 2 back to rank 1. I am 2 vitories away of legend. Hunter is not dead, just needs a bit of adjustment. Posted video after nerf here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PntKtdZuyyo
    Here is the link to my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/lobostarc/videos

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    I'd put "average" at about rank 12, truthfully.

10 and under is where it starts getting real dicey.
    Blizzard has stated that the majority never break rank 15, so I'd put the average somewhere around there to 18ish.

As for the OP, unless you're not using any of the cards you're starting brand new on a new account, you already have the advantage of what you've played before and any cards you've crafted or purchased, be it with real money or coins. That kind of defeats the "It's easy to get legend playing 30 minutes a day" that you're going for. I don't think it would be hard for anyone to reach legend if they've got a ton of stuff unlocked besides the basics.

I personally don't think this game is pay to win, but it sure is an advantage to spend real money. You're unlocking the chance of better cards faster, which results in more wins, but it's not a guarantee that you will, or that you'll even be able to put together a decent deck with those cards.

Mission complete

Today I managed to reach legend rank. Last game was against Reynad.

In conclusion, me, an average player I managed to hit legend by playing less than 10 hours in a season with a cheap deck and without putting any money in.

Also, I do not have any hero at level 60 (max is 48), I only have 636 wins in total (in 3 seasons of play) and with those stats I got legend rank in last 2 seasons.

I think that this proves the point that is not a pay to win game and also does not require "no lifers" to be able to hit legend. Now, if you aim for top 10 legend, then you need to invest a lot more time in research, theorycrafting, deckbuilding and stuff, but that is another league and I do not qualify for that.

Last game is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-vQ...ature=youtu.be Deck and stats at the end of movie

The entire quest playlist is here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...14YOVpRJJlN5W1

From my point of view, this concludes the pay to win topic for ever
    Last edited by kyraka; 2014-09-25 at 11:21 AM.

Grats! Very well done!

Quote Originally Posted by mongoose6 View Post
    Grats! Very well done!
    Thank you, at some point I was close to give up, got stuck at rank 3 for a while

In conclusion, me, an average player I managed to hit legend by playing less than 10 hours in a season with a cheap deck and without putting any money in.
    Congrats but being in the top 1% of players is in no way average.

15+ Year Old Account
    The point he's making is that wins don't come from throwing money at the game, or spending obscene amounts of time brute-forcing to legend, but by playing smart and making the right moves.

That is to say, everyone who says the game is all RNG and no skill and/or throws around that P2W nonsense can go cram it.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah it sounds more like a veiled attempt at self congratulations while putting down other players. "No way guys, I am totally average and didn't spend any money, but I played to the top <1% in less than 10 hours so it's totally easy and everyone can do it if they aren't losers...what was I saying again? Oh yeah, 10 hours with basic cards and I hit legend. /flex"
    BAD WOLF

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Yeah it sounds more like a veiled attempt at self congratulations while putting down other players. "No way guys, I am totally average and didn't spend any money, but I played to the top <1% in less than 10 hours so it's totally easy and everyone can do it if they aren't losers...what was I saying again? Oh yeah, 10 hours with basic cards and I hit legend. /flex"
    It's more of a "Up yours, P2W criers. L2P."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    It's more of a "Up yours, P2W criers. L2P."
    While I don't think the game is P2W more than a card game always is, nor do I think it's a valid reason for complaining about this game, there's more being evoked than this simple message. In any case, trying to insult people and then say you are average for doing something remarkable is pretty dishonest. Doesn't really prove any point other than ad hom'ing yourself.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    While I don't think the game is P2W more than a card game always is, nor do I think it's a valid reason for complaining about this game, there's more being evoked than this simple message. In any case, trying to insult people and then say you are average for doing something remarkable is pretty dishonest. Doesn't really prove any point other than ad hom'ing yourself.
    Average is a relative term. I really don't think there is anything malicious about this whole thing. Just a good player challenging themselves and proving a point.