Using 80 ohm headphones in Windows

I have a pair of Beyerdynamic DT-770 pro, 80 ohms that I run through a Creative Sound Blaster Z. Problem is that everything in Windows is insanely loud, so I have currently set the overall volume to 50% instead of 100% and all application sound to 1-5%. Games and my web browser in particular have to be set to 1%.

This works okay, however it really does limit me in terms of how much I can adjust the volume inside of applications. Video/audio players in Chrome are often too loud even if they are set to minimum volume and not loud enough when set to 100 (volume on youtube videos, twitch streams etc. tend to vary a lot since people use different settings).

Does anybody know a way around this without getting an expensive mixer?

Just set your overall volume lower in the volume mixer? Everything else scales down appropriately when you scale down the main volume.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Just set your overall volume lower in the volume mixer? Everything else scales down appropriately when you scale down the main volume.
    Yes that's what I've done. However, you can only reduce that by very little before you start noticing loss in audio quality. I could set the overall volume in Windows to 10 or 20, but that would have a severe impact on the audio quality (loss of bass in particular).

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Audox View Post
    Yes that's what I've done. However, you can only reduce that by very little before you start noticing loss in audio quality. I could set the overall volume in Windows to 10 or 20, but that would have a severe impact on the audio quality (loss of bass in particular).
    This shouldn't be. Are you sure it's not just placebo when the volume is lower you intercept it as worse quality?