Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    You haven't played much. Even semi-hard core guilds do it. Yes, there is a case that can make you completely want to NOT heal someone not being assigned to, because simply "your guys" are the only ones that will matter blaming you if you fail and they die.

It's basically like tanking healing.

I'm sure you've heard of it.
    Either way, disc priests will be one of the last options for a raid to assign a healer to heal the tank. At most, a disc priest should ever PW:S the tank whenever rapture is needed or if the tank is in danger of cloak proccing.

Resto Shamans and Holy Paladins are way better at doing that because their main tank heals are exactly the same as or don't detract from their raid heal rotation.

As a healing officer, if I see that the tank requires extra attention, I tell my Hpally to just select the tank as the main target for Holy Radiance, and if he's not in the raid, I tell our Resto Shaman to Chain Heal off the tank while maintaining Riptide. Nobody else in the raid needs to specifically heal the tank as long as this is called.

Think the only time where I ever used defensive penance was for a blood dk whose purgatory procced.
    Last edited by PosPosPos; 2014-09-22 at 05:57 PM.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    You haven't played much. Even semi-hard core guilds do it. Yes, there is a case that can make you completely want to NOT heal someone not being assigned to, because simply "your guys" are the only ones that will matter blaming you if you fail and they die.

It's basically like tanking healing.

I'm sure you've heard of it.
    I`m not sure in what area of WoW you are playing but i have not even once been assigned to a certain person in the whole MoP expansion.
    with that said i`m sure you heard of something called opinions.

you have yours and others have theirs. however don't mistake you opinions for facts, with disc being as powerful as it is now with smart healing, why in gods name would you waste it on one person healing instead of the smart healing it is so good at.

Sure the stacks on your tank are awesome but i rather have 3 stacks on different people using smart heals than all three stacks on one person while another one dies due to no healing.

To each his own i guess no need to go all emo over it.

Quote Originally Posted by ThrashMetalFtw View Post
    The pre-WotLK Mind Flay animation. 2nd biggest reason for rolling a Priest, biggest obviously being Shadowform. Anyone who uses Glyph of Shadow should reroll Hunter, filthy blasphemers.