Looking at upgrading my ancient video card

I'm wanting to keep it fairly low cost and I've tried to do a little research on my own but hoping you all that are a little more educated in the matter could help.

I'm wanting to try to keep it under 180$ USD if at all possible, but while still wanting to get the most bang for my buck. I have plenty of RAM, and a new SSD, and my CPU is for the most part up to snuff and I can 100% pin my bottlenecking on my dated video card (Older 275 GTX series.)

This card has ran wow fine for as long as I've had it but I really want to bump things up past medium finally in WoW, and the *occasional* FPS like titanfall/bf4.

I've looked at the GTX 660, and the 750ti, etc and there seems to be lots to choose from in the price range, but what would be the best overall? I don't plan on doing too much in 25 man raids and prefer the 10 mans instead outside of an occasional LFR I suppose.

What do you all recommend? Oh, and forgot to mention I have plenty of headroom for power, as I'm currently running a 750 watt corsair power supply as well, so it should handle about anything I throw at it for the moment, as well as just running one monitor.

Recommendations? I've looked at newegg, and amazon, but surely there are more options than newegg has listed.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-025-_-Product

I put this into an older system and was able to run on high settings at 60+fps.

15+ Year Old Account
    Take a look at the R9 270x, I had one before I upgraded to the R9 290x. You get better price for performance with AMD at the moment and AMD hads cleaned up their act over the last 3 years and driver concerns are not a problem anymore(for most people).

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...=-1&isNodeId=1

I used to be a big Nvidia fanboy, but have not looked back after going AMD a year ago.

Look at the Sapphire cards, they have great coolers, good overclocking and tend to be very stable cards.
    Quote Originally Posted by GrinnersGrin View Post
    If Tinkers aren't the next class in WoW I'll shit in my hands and clap then eat my shoe.

Thanks, psiko.

With that said though, I'm genuinely curious. Is there any major differences between the 750 ti and a gtx 660 or even r9 270/270x's ? Or even other cards? I understand the 750ti is a very popular card, but I'm also open to spending just a little more, as well if it'll give a little better performance.

Or do most overclock the 750 ti and that is why it is so popular? Thanks for the help, again!

Edit, thank you Sativex, as well! I'm open to nvidia or amd, honestly. I don't care what it is, so long as it's stable, runs at least on high with decent performance! lol
    Last edited by BurningSkies2018; 2014-09-14 at 03:57 AM. Reason: Edited

15+ Year Old Account
    For the cost difference you are better with the X version of the cards. I'd had the same question when I was looking to upgrade.

- - - Updated - - -

I use http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/...view,3107.html to get a good idea also, Tom's is a great source of information, just have to read a few threads and get the general consensus.
    Quote Originally Posted by GrinnersGrin View Post
    If Tinkers aren't the next class in WoW I'll shit in my hands and clap then eat my shoe.

Deleted
    If you can push for it, Try this one. I'm personally not keen on the brand, but the R9-280 is a step up over the 270X, and at only $10 over your budget before rebates, that's a pretty impressive deal.