Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by solvexx View Post
    LOL. I had a very similar build to yours for a very long time, and saw substantially higher FPS than you.
    You're the one who is lying.
    Yearh lets just ignore this kind of post. does nothing to help the situation and or further it.

Anyways this is the kinda thing I want to see.
    Wish I could test it myself on my rig but school atm is taking up way too much time.

One can hope we can actually play wow at some point in future without taking massive fps hits in raiding on max settings.
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

I've only had a minor play of the beta, haven't had to time to fully test it out but from what i've seen I'm running around 10fps lower than live. Basic questing I had around 95 and now im down to around 80-90. Haven't seen any real drops in performance but I also haven't seen any taxing content as of yet. I do seem to be getting fewer spike drops but i'm like 90% sure that's due to less people being online.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    Are you running addons on the PTR?
    While this might have some relevance, the FPS dipping to lower 30's on heroics on live still can't be helped much even if you disabled all addons.

I'm actually really surprised to hear about this kind of difference with the new optimization. I mean I was expecting some improvement and I was hoping they could get it done but never actually expected it to happen. If the OP is true I'm very pleased.

Also, maybe we could move this to the main computer section and not build help?

tons of people hiting the dummy and my fps stay at 60fps , im sure that everybody have fps dips in main city/crowded zone, especially if they are all hiting the dummy lol (this is on the PTR)

10+ Year Old Account
    It's good for some of you that they made if more lower end PC friendly.
    But for me somethings not quite right for me and have yet to put my finger on it.

Not having FPS issue or the like but graphic wise it feels like they did something.
    It could just be that the game feels off since for the past 3 years I've had the UI I've been using.
    Btw I'm in the beta so I'm going by that.

Anyway this would be good news to my brother as well since his PC is on the lower end than mine and where he lives internet is not the best either so probably help that too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by solvexx View Post
    LOL. I had a very similar build to yours for a very long time, and saw substantially higher FPS than you.
    You're the one who is lying.
    He said it dips to mid 30's occasionally during 25M, not mid 30's constantly.

Quote Originally Posted by FearXI View Post
    for me somethings not quite right for me and have yet to put my finger on it.

graphic wise it feels like they did something.
    Probably because they disabled supersampling AA,

Quote Originally Posted by Flexed View Post
    Probably because they disabled supersampling AA,
    yup, as i was saying, this may be it, game looks just worse than before AA-wise

Deleted
    FPS in raid is highly dependent on internet connection.
    I suspect the FPS differences you see is because of optimization/simplification of class mechanisms & raid mechanisms which leads to less traffic and less dependencies on others network latencies.

More so than graphics optimization.
    Could be wrong of course.

As an aside I can play @ 3200x1800 on my Dell XPS 15 for hours with very decent fps on live with antialising off (absolutely not necessary on such high dpi creens) and Wow look stunning.
    Did it mostly on vacations,,it's my work laptop I don't want to risk burning it.
    Quite sur WoW would look splendid on a 28-30" 4K monitor, even with a single graphic card.
    Last edited by mmoca123b20796; 2014-09-15 at 12:17 PM.

OP, this is with the new player models in, correct?
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    I'm surprised people are in awe like Blizzard did something magical to cause this. The cause is very apparent. Less combat events with lower numbers. Pretty simple.

FPS in raid is highly dependent on internet connection.
    Uh, no. No it isn't. Not even with a network stack from hell eating a shitload of CPU time it isn't.
    red panda red panda red panda!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nitrobg View Post
    And how exactly are you going to see 100-200 fps if you have a 60Hz monitor?
    hurr durr semantics, that obviously isn't what I meant.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nitrobg View Post
    True, agreed on this. I run a dual 7950s with i7-2600k @ 4.4GHz, recently changed it to 6-core Xeon, again OCed to 4.4GHz. I also had GTX 580 before I got the 7950s. Either way, I'm always getting 15-20 fps during raids at 1920x1080 Ultra, especially during the first 15 seconds of the pull.
    So yeah, he is absolutely surely 100% lying. Or he plays on 1024x768 with lower details.
    I have an i7-4770k and a 780ti. I regularly drop to 40-45fps in 25-man raids. It can drop much lower, to the low 30's, in things like IOC, AV when everyone gathers in one spot, and things like world bosses and Ordos. I have not tried doing any raids on the 6.0 PTR so I don't know how my system will perform there.

Quote Originally Posted by Silmarieni View Post
    As an aside I can play @ 3200x1800 on my Dell XPS 15 for hours with very decent fps on live with antialising off (absolutely not necessary on such high dpi creens) and Wow look stunning.
    are you downscaling?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Asera View Post
    The cause is very apparent. Less combat events with lower numbers. Pretty simple.
    That's what I was describing and that's why it's connection/network dependent.
    If it weren't you really wouldn't care for more combat events.

So in massively multiplayer games, network - that is your network quality + that of all the people you are playing with + that of server will have more impact on FPS than most other factors..
    Wow raid FPS is certainly not CPU limited for any recent computer, and rarely gpu limited. Just follow your favorite resource monitor, CPU & gpu utilization will hardly ever reach 100 % for any meaningful period of time.

Instead, most of the time is spent waiting for new combat events.
    Last edited by mmoca123b20796; 2014-09-16 at 12:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkBlade6 View Post
    Yesterday I installed WoD PTR , I wanted to look at class changes and experience the stats squish and have an idea of what kind of dps we will do on live 6.0. So after I did some test on the dummy, I joined a group to test Mythic SoO. As you can see in my Sig rig, I got a fairly high-end computer and a 1440p monitor. Currently on live, my FPS can drops in the mids 30s (ultra setting, minus shadow), especially on world boss and on pretty much any pull in 25M Heroic. So when we pulled Immersueus I wasnt expecting much, I tought it would be like on live but not.... my FPS didnt drops a single time below 60, even when he pulls out tha shit tons of adds. Im not sure what Blizz did, they talked about reducing other players visuall spell effects, but to me, it didnt feel much different, other people spells looked good too me. Anyway I am really happy to see that we will finally enjoy raiding a steady high FPS! Im just curious to know how it will affects people with lower end rig, I hope everybody will experience a nice FPS boost
    Bruh. OP. Pls. I have a 4690K and a GTX680 and I NEVER go below 60 fps. Go to your bios and disable all the power saving shit, trust me. I would dip down to like 25 fps in raids and I was so pissed off because my AMD FX8350 never got that low except in shrine and I was like 'let me check the bios' and sure enough, all the stupid power saving stuff was enabled in full force.

Intel Core i5 4690K 3.50Ghz, OC'd to 4.0Ghz | 8GB Corsair DDR3-1066 RAM | Gigabyte Z97-HD3
    NVIDIA GeForce 680GTX 2048MB VRAM | Corsair 750TX 750W PSU | Phantecks Dual fan PH-TC14PE