Deleted

Did I read dungeon/raid mount drop rate increase?

In the title guys, I am sure I read somewhere that they are increasing the drop rate of dungeon/raid mounts to 4-5% up from 1%? Is this true or did I dream it.

Cheers.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    I can't confirm or deny it, but I seem to recall actually reading something similar some time ago.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Deleted
    Anyone else hear this?

I think I've kept up to date on the important blue posts, and being a mount collector, something like this would have stuck out... and I don't recall hearing this information.

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

I don't remember hearing anything like this and that strikes me as something that would have been front page news if true.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only thing I remember even remotely linked to this was when they changed Rivendares Death Charger from a 1 in 10000 to 1 in 500 drop rate. They pretty much never speak about mount drop rates.

There were rumours/wishful thinking about them increasing the Blazing Drake dropmount with that released achievement for the Emerald Drake achievement (or whatever it was).

Deleted
    I seriously doubt it. I'd rather see some changes to mechanics to make them a little more soloing friendly would be far better than an increased drop chance (See Spine of Deathwing hc).

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, so far the only ones we've heard of are Valithria and Thorim.

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleT View Post
    I seriously doubt it. I'd rather see some changes to mechanics to make them a little more soloing friendly would be far better than an increased drop chance (See Spine of Deathwing hc).
    Spine is getting fixed to make it more soloable, as is Thorim.

Deleted
    Thanks for your replies everyone, maybe I dreamt it then

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pengalor View Post
    Spine is getting fixed to make it more soloable, as is Thorim.
    I know they're fixing the roll mechanic, but I haven't heard anything about Blood of Deathwing being addressed.

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleT View Post
    I know they're fixing the roll mechanic, but I haven't heard anything about Blood of Deathwing being addressed.
    Blood of Deathwing is HC only, and as I (and I imagine most others) had no interest in spine hc it hasn't come up much when it comes to soloing. Anyone with a dispel should be able to dispel frequently enough, but if you can't I imagine the damage reduction (90% was it?) should be ample, as the explosion does sub 1million that will result in sub 100k damage on a 300k+ healthpool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Deleted
    I sure hope not. Keeping things rare makes them worth farming, and means more when they finally drop. Making it common, like with the Onyxian Drake, just ruins the whole experience.