Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Serani View Post
    Why would a trinket proc that increases strength, that both benefit from, suddenly make J > CS? CS is still going to benefit from mastery, and if CS hits harder, the HoL portion is also going to hit harder.
    It's just something someone told me a long time ago and i believed them (bad habit), after looking it up i just did some math to check some values, not sure if i did it right so someone would have to double-check.

Oh noticed i can't upload images yet, so not sure if i'm allowed to do this but: i.imgur.com/AdMdpG4.png

Do note: I took the average values on weapon damage (and on exorcism, but that's barely any different).
    Used 32.09% physical damage reduction for the CS damage, think it should be 36.09% with the 4% physical damage debuff which i forgot.. either way, CS is highest priority anyways so it doesn't really matter for this.

Anyways, wouldn't this mean that you'd want to prioritize Exorcism over Judgement as long as you have something like a HoW or 4p16 proc available to fill any potential downtime this priority might result in?
    (So, J has prio if no procs / HoW are up, else Exo has prio?)

I'm bad at theory-crafting + i haven't slept all night yet, so it might be a horrible idea but right now i'm thinking it's a good idea. (so prove me wrong if i'm wrong, please!)

Exorcism has more base damage but judgment scales better. At 580 ilvl my judgment and exorcism hit for about the same damage but judgment procs your seal while exorcism does not.

I'll take Ret Pally basics for 500 Alex.

CS>Judge>Exo is the main prio, doesn't matter which effects you have. Unless there's specific buff you get from fight which increases your Holy Damage done ( there's none in existence) then and only then Judge and Exo would beat CS if the buff provided increased damage of those 2 spells over CS.

No matter what CD's you have up or procs it's always gonna be CS>Judge>Exo unless the proc increases damage of specific spell.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lucivero View Post
    It's just something someone told me a long time ago and i believed them (bad habit), after looking it up i just did some math to check some values, not sure if i did it right so someone would have to double-check.

Oh noticed i can't upload images yet, so not sure if i'm allowed to do this but: i.imgur.com/AdMdpG4.png

Do note: I took the average values on weapon damage (and on exorcism, but that's barely any different).
    Used 32.09% physical damage reduction for the CS damage, think it should be 36.09% with the 4% physical damage debuff which i forgot.. either way, CS is highest priority anyways so it doesn't really matter for this.

Anyways, wouldn't this mean that you'd want to prioritize Exorcism over Judgement as long as you have something like a HoW or 4p16 proc available to fill any potential downtime this priority might result in?
    (So, J has prio if no procs / HoW are up, else Exo has prio?)

I'm bad at theory-crafting + i haven't slept all night yet, so it might be a horrible idea but right now i'm thinking it's a good idea. (so prove me wrong if i'm wrong, please!)
    Bear in mind Exo scales only from AP while Judge Scales from AP and SP.

Data taken from WoWhead

Exo 6578 to 7342 (+ 67.7% of Attack power)
    Judgment 623 (+ 54.6% of Spell power) (+ 32.8% of Attack power) on top of that Judge also procs seal while Exo doesn't.

They may be close, but with Judge procing seal this adds additional damage and even during procs it will make Judge superior due to Seal portion of damage (Seal proc also benefits from procs/cd's). Since SoT is our best ST Seal, Judge also spreads censure and has lower CD then Exo, so it takes higher prio then Exo.

Also bear in mind 4% is actually 4% Physical damaga taken, so armor reduction wouldn't be 36% but it would be 28% (if it's flat additive boost and not multiplicative) or 30.72% (if multiplicative).
    Last edited by Monoroth; 2014-09-16 at 11:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Exo is a piece of shit spell you hit when you have nothing else since it scales 30% slower than other damage abilities through SoL
    As much as Anaxie ticks me off as a person with his/her personality listen to him/her when it comes to ret. Anaxie knows EXACTLY what he/she is talking about.