patch 6.0 ele shaman talent build?

Hello everyone,

just curious what talent build and gemming we will use when patch 6.0 come's out ?

Quote Originally Posted by shadowd View Post
    Hello everyone,

just curious what talent build and gemming we will use when patch 6.0 come's out ?

If I'm not mistaken, for single target mastery is doing absurd amounts of damage on the PTR, like 40-50% of peoples' damage. That said, I think they expect ele shaman to focus on multi strike later on but there isn't much of that until later.

I could be mistaken here, so take what I say with a grain of salt.

With current sims, any talent combination that doesn't involve echo of the elements is viable (echo is even worse at level 90 than it is at 100, because LvB casts don't generate LS charges until you get the leveling perk).

Mastery is your strongest practical stat at level 90 (multistrike is actually the strongest stat, but level 90 gear/gems/enchants don't have it, so you couldn't stack it anyway). Biggest reason for that is because molten earth damage is entirely disconnected from the shaman's primary damage sources (i.e. its stat weight is balanced at level 100, where you have another talent and some leveling perks contributing +dps = +value to your other stats).

Since you'll likely be stacking mastery (+EQ) and you'll have very little multistrike (= less LS charges per LB), EQ will probably end up finding its way into your single target priority at current tuning levels (this largely disappears at level 100 since you'll have more multistrike and less mastery, but it'll be important to keep in mind at level 90 unless they significantly change the way EQ deals damage / scales).