Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    If being a musician and overdosing is worth being immortalized in statue form, we're gonna run out of stone real quick.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    I can't see any sense in idolizing anyone who brings their life to an abrupt and timely end via the stupid, selfish use and abuse of legal/illegal substances. There's not a great deal to admire about the woman, and she should only really be commemorated insofar as serving as an example to the youth of today that "Do what thou wilt" is perhaps not the best standard/creed by which to live.
    I take it you're not a big fan of Seattle's Jimi Hendrix statue then

Quote Originally Posted by Sigtyr View Post
    Rotterdam has a 2 story tall gnome carrying a massive buttplug, so why not Amy the addict in London?

Now that is a worthy statue!

I honestly don't care if Amy Winehouse has a statue. Just pretend it's some random girl if you don't like it being her.

10+ Year Old Account
    One breast looks noticeably smaller than the other.

Deleted
    Wait, you make statues for drug-abusing, alcoholic bitches? Then why do you wonder why the new generations are a bunch of retards? "murica

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    I honestly don't care if Amy Winehouse has a statue. Just pretend it's some random girl if you don't like it being her.
    If anyone is bothered by seeing drunk/stoned Mediterranean-looking girls, then they'd probably be better off steering clear of Camden. And the rest of North London.

Quote Originally Posted by Dethox View Post
    Wait, you make statues for drug-abusing, alcoholic bitches? Then why do you wonder why the new generations are a bunch of retards? "murica
    This took place in England, not that we're innocent of the same crap.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    *shrugs*
    She seems pretty popular around the area (at least a lot of shops this end of London seem to play her music all the time) so I don't see a problem with the statue.
    Her music is popular for sure. As a person she had her own inner battles but due to her fame the inner battles were very much laid out for everyone to see.

Either way that statue is pretty bad. I've seen photos of Chinese migrant works who craft far better statues in a day.

Idolizing bad examples is a staple of humanity! Just look throughout history.... Does she deserve a statue? Not at all. Even if she wasn't an addict she was just average as far as music anyhow. But that is how the music industry works......they cater to what can make them the most money, not whether someone has any actual talent or not. All the good music is underground these days. Charts are meaningless unless you want to track which artists have the most support from the industry.

Having met the woman multiple times A) It looks nothing like her and B) No she didnt.

To be fair, I've had exes that had one boob bigger than the other.
    Sig/ava made by the amazing Elyssia! ♥