Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Meaux View Post
    I'd suspect we might finally get the Azshara and/or Emerald Dream expansion some people have been clamoring for. EVERYONE has been wanting the next Legion invasion since vanilla, its Blizzard's trump card so they're going to hold off playing it for as long as possible.
    I'd just like to point out: I've never heard anyone not on MMO-C say they want an Azshara themed expansion. She's not well-known enough by the playerbase or interesting enough to deserve her own expansion, I hate to say it. It would inevitably involve going underwater and it would also involve a lot of naga, two things that aren't really viewed favorably.

But on the topic at hand: if it's not something that moves the story forward and isn't a notable enemy (no more time travel BS, no more storyline stalling) then I'm pretty much done unless the concept is absolutely amazing. I want an expansion that's actually focused on the Burning Legion.
    And no, BC was not focused on the legion, BC was focused on Illidan and Outland.

10+ Year Old Account
    AU Mankrik and his wife. Or something Legiony.

Surely it'll be related to WoD in one way or another, as they've said they want the following expansion(s) to be (easier/more) integratable. So surely it can be any random theme, completely without Orcs 'n stuff, but we should get an idea about the next expansion during this one from its story.
    Last edited by Tisane; 2014-09-15 at 09:44 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 1ns View Post
    Hopefully: Southseas/The Dark Below/Old Gods
    So you want the next exp to turn WoW into a repetitive shooter?

OnT: Honestly I just want the next exp set as far away from Draenor as possible and not written by the same guy who thought Garrosh becoming a necromancer to resurrect Warlords, when he hates the undead for that very reason, and WoD were good ideas...

Warlords of Northrend after Garrosh goes back in time and becomes the Lich King.

I just hope it's a completely new world to explore. Draenor is awesome, but I've already explored most of it :P I am hungry for an adventure!

Azshara and Sargeras shack up and have a baby who then immediately murders Wrathion.
    When work feels overwhelming, remember that you're going to die.

Let's make an assumption we can conclude future expansions from information included in present expansions. Remember, Blizzard always said that they plan 2 expansions in the future when making stuff, so its logical that devs will include some allusions to future content in their work.

WotLK is for example a clear continuation of Vanilla. C'thun into Yogg-Saron. Naxxramas into Lich King. In fact, many predicted WotLK as a FIRST expansion, but they were not right. BC wasn't alluded to in any specific way, but it was obvious for both players and devs that Outland, being a huge part of WARCRAFT campaign, should be included in World of WARCRAFT.

What's interesting, Warchief-Garrosh thing became alive at the beginning of WotLK, with Garrosh dueling Thrall for leadership and being interrupted by Lich King's servant. In later WotLK, we go Yogg Saron's visions:

1) Tortured Champion - presentation of ultimate fate of Bolvar Fordragon and Lich King,end of WotLK, including the famous line "No king rules forever"
    2) Creation of Demon Soul - allusion to Cataclysm? Demon Soul played the most important role in Cataclysm events, and the vision also was a remainder that there was one more Aspect, in addition to the four shown in WotLK.
    3) Assasination of King Llane - allusion to WoD? Remember that devs said THE ORIGINAL IDEA DIDNT INCLUDE TIME TRAVEL, and was about simply ressurecting the Orc Leaders. Assasination was the turning point in the war with the mentioned Leaders.

It's possible that MoP served a similar filler meaning as BC - Blizzard didn't want to overload the story with most important villains so that they continue the most interesting storyline longer.

So what's next? Do we have some allusions in MoP? Of course - the whole Wrathion questline! Same as at the beginning when people predicted WotLK and got BC, now people that predicted Legion got WoD - we can be sure the Legion expansion will be next... unless they decide we can't deal with the Legion yet (main storyline...) and give us Ogre Continent first.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiredmana View Post
    Burning Legion/Azshara/Old God expac.

Oh Light, let it be so!
    That's like 2 different xpacs and a raid (seems we tend to raid at least one "old god" per xpac.

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fincher View Post
    Still hoping for Naga Expansion if only they make underwater play fun.
    I recently re-played the whole Vashj'ir storyline, and it wasn't as annoying as it was to master the first time around. Those 3 zones are underrated.
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

I would like to see the city of Nazjatar raised from the sea (seeing as people moan about being underwater) and a Naga themed expansion with Azshara, Ozumat and Dark Neptulon tainted by the Old Gods influence.

However most likely they will continue this absurb alternate timeline nonsense in Draenors past;

Old gods theme pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    Do you think it will be about the Legion? What kind of new world or continent do you think we will explore? New races? Will we see Turyalon & love (finally) return? What are hoping for?
    Grom goes forward in time to save Garrosh. You saw it here first!

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been hoping for an Emerald Dream xpac forever. But it doesn't seem to be likely to ever happen.

That being said, I'm putting my bets on another Draenor expansion, with more Burning Legion themes thrown in than WoD has. I hope I'm wrong. But I fear I'm not.
    "We don't care what people say, we know the truth. Enough is enough with this horse s***. I am not a freak, I was born with my free gun. Don't tell me I'm less than my freedom."

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzlok View Post
    Alternate timeline Northrend.
    As much as it would make my day to save Arthas, I think people would probably have had enough of the AU mechanic. Man that would be cool though. Jaina snaps out of her rage and convinces Arthas to return to his former glory. Then we would take on the Legion with Arthas at the helm. Could even fit in some Sylvanas/Forsaken story development with that one.

Bloodsail Admiral Grumpy Old Man's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Legion attacking Azeroth.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    YouTubers are a plague. Fuck 'em. All of them.

The Burning Legion and Sargeras.

Deleted
    My guess is AU Draenor's Ogre continent.

(Or maybe just Garrosh summoned as an undead.)

It won't be the Ogre continent. Tom Chilton talks about it in the interview here.

5:14 to 5:47

Blizzard wants to be pretty conservative with the alternate reality/time travel storylines, so it is very, very unlikely that we'll see the Ogre continent expansion directly after Warlords of Draenor.

I'm like 99% positive that the next expansion will involve Gul'dan managing to get his Shadow Council to MU Azeroth and invoking a Burning Legion invasion there. Every Draenor story thread points in that direction.
    You just lost The Game