Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    It means less disruptions, more focus on playing. If somehow you could play hearthstone on a boardgame with a friend, you'd probably be talking the whole time but not in a competition.
    It's pronounced "Dur-av-ian."

Quote Originally Posted by sith View Post
    I talk to my opponent when I play Magic 2014/15. Made a few friends that way. Not sure why it's a problem in Hearthstone.
    The problem with Hearthstone is the community is quite different than from MtG. The usual Blizz players aren't as toxic overall as LoL ones for example (though there certainly are a few groups here and there who are total douchebags online) but the community is still quite immature at times and since Hearthstone is meant to be casual and relaxing for the most part, they made the choice to prevent chat abuse even though it means worse potential communication between worthwhile players.
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Noodles and chocolate milk is the breakfast of Champions.
    Super Brony Friendfinder

That's odd how that works isn't it. Perhaps the more popular the game, The more toxic the community is? Or perhaps the more competitive idk. Idk MtG very well but it seems to have a nicer community? Maybe because everyone knows everyone so they tend to be nicer since they interact with these people more personally. Same with the "pros" on HS. I don't think any of them really get rude towards each other cause they have to deal with each other face to face at times.

Quote Originally Posted by Faint^ View Post
    That's odd how that works isn't it. Perhaps the more popular the game, The more toxic the community is? Or perhaps the more competitive idk. Idk MtG very well but it seems to have a nicer community? Maybe because everyone knows everyone so they tend to be nicer since they interact with these people more personally. Same with the "pros" on HS. I don't think any of them really get rude towards each other cause they have to deal with each other face to face at times.
    Most of the pros at any kind of computer game are calm and collected because they know it's better to put energy into playing the game as best they can than getting angry over stupid stuff in it.

As far as MtG goes, part of it is the game tends to have more mature players who have disposable incomes to afford buying the cards they want. But yeah, part of it is also they do play more in person so the toxicity isn't there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Noodles and chocolate milk is the breakfast of Champions.
    Super Brony Friendfinder