Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Looking for feedback on my guild's warlocks

So we're working on Heroic 25m Garrosh, and we're currently carrying like 5 people. Specifically our Warlocks. I'm just trying to reach out to figure out what they're doing wrong.

Our one Warlock is 582 and the other 569, the less geared Warlock is doing nearly as well as the other.

And here is our most recent log: (fixed the link).

Please. Please. Please. Much Appreciated.
    Last edited by Alarinth; 2014-09-15 at 07:12 AM.

Maybe they don't know how to make a working link?

There are spaces in the link since I'm fresh.

10+ Year Old Account
    They're bad at playing Warlocks? Just have them uninstall the game.

This is not helpful, or acceptable. Avoid it for the future, and post more constructively...
    Last edited by Alarinth; 2014-09-15 at 07:10 AM.

If you give us a correct link, we can try to see what's wrong.

http : //ww w.warcraftlogs . com/reports / wK9HRzTvGypXAx2W

Why in hell do both locks have expertise gems slotted?
    Last edited by Skilrathos; 2014-09-15 at 04:49 AM.

Expertise counts for hit for casters, and is another way to get hit on an item with hit already on it/if it helps the reforging better.

Quote Originally Posted by Skilrathos View Post
    Welcome to MoP!

im more worried about both your fury warriors

Actual help, please.

Have them delete their toons. Find different warlocks.

Neither helpful or acceptable. Post more constructively.
    Last edited by Alarinth; 2014-09-15 at 07:12 AM.

His entire guild's DPS seems somewhat low to me - only 4 people above 400k...

From my experience much of the Destro Lock's DPS on Garrosh is provided by aoe in P1 and abusing Havoc/SB during P2, both of which your warlocks aren't doing a lot of. When comparing P2, where she can abuse those mechanics, she's actually not doing bad at all.

She also seemed dead for most of P4 in those logs you showed us. Since your P4 lasted quite a while, that definitely makes a difference.

But yeah, besides those, she definitely isn't casting as much as she should - and somehow, holding onto a lot of Backdraft procs.

I admit I don't play any casters so that is new info to me. I went and compared the ilvl 582 lock to my guild's top lock and their gear is almost identical. The lock in my guild does have a couple expertise gems too. I also ran a simulation of the ilvl 582 lock and his/her dps comes in at 440,489k.

Quote Originally Posted by Ogudei View Post
    Actual help, please.
    I'm going to private message you and we can talk 1 on 1. I'm not entirely sure what is going on in this thread but it seems all the assholes just randomly came out of the woodwork.

Because it is optimal to gem expertise?

I admit I don't play any casters so that is new info to me. I went and compared the ilvl 582 lock to my guild's top lock and their gear is almost identical. The lock in my guild does have a couple expertise gems too. I also ran a simulation of the ilvl 582 lock and his/her dps comes in at 440,489k.
    If you don't play the class you shouldn't ask like everything they do is immediately wrong.

Yes, they did. Thank you!

Primary stats are garbage for MoP gems due to nerf. AFK, expertise is the only DPS secondary stat for red gems.

And Expertise = Hit for casters.

Made an account to post, all of maximising throughout the encounter comes from havoc, they're doing poor dps in the first intermission phase, not RoF'ing multiple groups, should be pooling max embers prior to going in to FnB and only chaos bolt once with havoc, not maximising there havoc+sburns off of desecrated weapons.

99% of it comes down to them using havoc correctly, it will be available for every weapons execute phase point, so they should be utilizing it there.

Quote Originally Posted by yurano View Post
    Primary stats are garbage for MoP gems due to nerf. AFK, expertise is the only DPS secondary stat for red gems.

And Expertise = Hit for casters.
    I should have looked into that before posting. So made myself look like an ass. But hey I can at least admit it!