Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    With the price increase, people from the UK are entitled to the same content as the rest of Europe. Before that, they should have gotten less because they paid less.
    I dont mean UK i mean in general

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooboy View Post
    All your post is missing is a drum circle and some tie dye t-shirts.

It's been shown that the UK was paying less than the rest of Europe, the increase brings them in-line.

Just because you're trying to play the "evil corporation" card doesn't make it true, or makes your views any less delusional, because if you can throw around 'brainwashed' in the face of all the evidence, I can call you delusional for you failure to grasp it.
    Ok dude stay in your ignorance...

Do u really think that its taken so many years to pull UK 'into line' with the rest of the world?

Is it such a coincidence that this increase comes tactically positioned so close to WoD realease and the traditional large dip in subs pre-expansion?

Is the offer to freeze the old sub fee for 2 years a tactical incentive to stop players unsubbing at such a crucial time?

So the shareholders are totally unconcerned about the drop in subs, and consequently the profits, and they dont expect the existing playerbase to get milked for more cash to cover the shortfall?

So that drop of a few million subs in the past year isnt connected to this price increase?

Blizzard isnt looking to pull back lost future revenues for Wow?

Ok dude... its just inflation... riiiiiiiight

I don't live in the UK so it doesn't affect me, but if they decided to charge me the equivalent of 1 extra pound I wouldn't even flinch. I haven't been unsubbed since I began, won't start now. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    ill still sub and unsub as I see fit.
    For those saying "it's only a £1" as a crux to their argument, you can all send £1 a month to my Paypal account if you like, after all "its only £1"
    I wouldn't mind paying a pound extra for something I enjoy and find to be worth the cash, SUCH AS WOW...sending them to some random stranger? Hell to the no, then it'd be too expensive. ;d.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Endemonadia View Post
    Do u really think that its taken so many years to pull UK 'into line' with the rest of the world?
    Well it has, so I'm not sure how you want me to reply....

Technically the price should have changed around Jan 2008, that's when the pound really started to drift away from the price paid in Euro.

Before then it was pretty equal £1 = €1.46 so £8.99 = €13.12 which is near enough the €12.99 they pay (on a per month basis)

Now fast forward between April - Oct 2008 and that conversion falls to €11.34, Nov 2008 - Apr 2012 and that value is (on average) €10.34

While that value has increased a little since then (€10.91 between May 2012 - Sept 2014) it's still no where near the €12.99 the rest of Europe pays.

With the price increase to 9.99 a month and the exchange rate over the last 4 months that puts the UK paying (on average €12.52)

And you really don't have to take my word for it, there are plenty of sites out there with the exchange rates between currencies.

Is it such a coincidence that this increase comes tactically positioned so close to WoD realease and the traditional large dip in subs pre-expansion?
    You know the increase comes at the start of WoD right, not before? How you're trying to link this with a pre expansion drop I'm not sure....because it won't effect anything at all until people come back (if they come back...)

I mean you could have said "they're going to milk people coming back in WoD" that would at least make sense, if still being wrong.

Is the offer to freeze the old sub fee for 2 years a tactical incentive to stop players unsubbing at such a crucial time?
    You think this is an incentive? It's an olive branch, sorry we had to up your subs but...

Then again I suppose it depends on if maths is a strong point for you:

Let's assume that there's a 6 month lull, 6 x 8.99 = £53.94 vs £0 if you unsub for the 6 months.

Now when you come back after those 6 months you now have to pay 9.99 a month, so it would take around 4 and a half years of continuous sub payment before that extra £1 equals what you paid to stay subbed..

That sound like much of an incentive to you?

So the shareholders are totally unconcerned about the drop in subs, and consequently the profits, and they dont expect the existing playerbase to get milked for more cash to cover the shortfall?
    So that drop of a few million subs in the past year isnt connected to this price increase?
    You make it sound like it's another £10 a month or something....

Answer me this:

Why is it just the UK? If this is such a big and planned cash grab why pick a small (compared to the rest of the EU) country and why only a £1, how many people do you think this actually effects? How much money do you think this will bring in?

It doesn't make sense, and especially doesn't make sense when it's obvious from any currency exchange website that the UK is now paying less at £8.99 than the EU does at €12.99, and has been for a while.

Deleted
    Why is it just the UK? If this is such a big and planned cash grab why pick a small (compared to the rest of the EU) country and why only a £1, how many people do you think this actually effects? How much money do you think this will bring in?
    Its not about the total amount they gain from doing this its all about the fact they are doing it at all.

It aint a massive cash grab in the big scheme of things, i never said it was. It is an unnecessary cash grab which is 100% the result of recent business trends for Wow.

If u cannot see that then ur diluded... what it isnt is a response to inflation.

It is 100% a way to get more cash into the pockets of the shareholders who are currently concerned about uncertainty in future Wow cashflow. You can expect various other changes and introductions over the next 12 months to add to this extra income... like i said, milking the existing playerbase for all they got.

Personally i find it insulting that a company ive been loyal to for 10 years can bump their prices instead of rewarding such loyalty. All i see is every player of Wow being treated as a piggybank which can be squeezed whenever suits ActiBlizzard. You arent players anymore you are cash-cows.

If u cannot see that then ur diluded... what it isnt is a response to inflation.
    The increase in GBP price makes it equal to the Euro price. How is it not a response to the fact that the GBP is falling?

Quote Originally Posted by Foxhoundn View Post
    the scenario "Hey, we havent given you anything new for almost a year, but guess what, youre gonna pay more anyway!" is hillarious.
    The price increase explicitly does not begin until WoD release. I could just as easily word it as "we decided to raise our prices and wanted to let you know now, but will not do so during this period while we are not releasing new content."

Deleted
    Its not about the total amount they gain from doing this its all about the fact they are doing it at all.

It aint a massive cash grab in the big scheme of things, i never said it was.
    Erm then you might want to edit your posts about shareholders, filling some shortfall and most of the "milking" rubbish, because at the moment your posts read like this

IT'S ALL ABOUT THE MONEY
    *shown it's not about the money*
    WELL IT'S NOT ABOUT THE MONEY, JUST THAT THEY'RE DOING IT.....AND IT'S ABOUT THE MONEY

no seriously read your last post, it starts not about the money and mid way through we're back to shareholders and money...

Not that it matters at this point your clearly more interested in your own conspiracy theories than what's actually happening.
    Last edited by mmocd3e258d247; 2014-09-15 at 05:11 PM.

Deleted
    Erm then you might want to edit your posts about shareholders, filling some shortfall and most of the "milking" rubbish, because at the moment your posts read like this

IT'S ALL ABOUT THE MONEY
    *shown it's not about the money*
    WELL IT'S NOT ABOUT THE MONEY, JUST THAT THEY'RE DOING IT.....AND IT'S ABOUT THE MONEY

no seriously read your last post, it starts not about the money and mid way through we're back to shareholders and money...

Not that it matters at this point your clearly more interested in your own conspiracy theories than what's actually happening.
    U can try to twist the very simple point im making and convince yourself that Blizzard are being reasonable all u like... this act of squeezing even more cash out of the playerbase is insulting to the max.

Obviously u enjoy being shafted so ur welcome to take it... and u will take it again and again in future.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    With the price increase, people from the UK are entitled to the same content as the rest of Europe. Before that, they should have gotten less because they paid less.
    It's true, I am only 12/14 because I am UK. Last 2 bosses are gated behind a paywall. Totally ruins immersion

Blizzard don't like EU, lol teasing :P

Deleted
    U can try to twist the very simple point im making
    I'm not twisting anything, you seem the be the one that has problems sticking to what they're moaning about

Its safe to say that this extra income will go into the pockets of the shareholders
    Blizzard isnt looking to pull back lost future revenues for Wow?
    And then you say:

But my favourite is this:

If ur happy with such a blatant cash grab for the shareholders then i'll leave u in your ignorance.
    followed by:

It aint a massive cash grab in the big scheme of things, i never said it was. It is an unnecessary cash grab which is 100% the result of recent business trends for Wow.
    So is it about the cash or not, you seem confused.

Fact is if this was about the cash then adding £1 onto at best about 10% of your subs population (rough estimate) will get you in a quarter (best case, if everyone goes to 9.99 which won't be true...) you get around £2 million a quarter.

Or to put that into perspective (based on the last quarters figures) a 0.5% increase on the subs line....

Also to your "It is an unnecessary cash grab which is 100% the result of recent business trends for Wow"

Do you know how many subs that 2 million would account for over a quarter?

*EDITED FOR MATHS FAIL*

Around 68K in subs (assuming 3 full months at 9.99):

68,000 * 9.99 = 679.320 (per month) x 3 = £2,037,960 (per quarter)

So taking all this into account (or rather actually thinking about it rather than spouting hate) what you want us to believe is this:

After losing 3.2 million subs (5.2 million since it's peak) they've decided to single out the UK and increase the sub cost per month by a pittance to at best cover off around 2% of the subs they've lost just this expansion (or around 1% overall) to generate (again at best) 0.5% extra on the subs line?

And you think that's a logical argument rather than the much, much simpler:

The pound isn't worth as many euro's as it once was.

But I'm sorry I forgot, it's not about the money any more is it, which of course begs the question then why are they doing it?
    Last edited by mmocd3e258d247; 2014-09-16 at 02:47 PM. Reason: spelling and a horrible maths fail