Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Fighting Rogue/Feral/Hunter from stealth in Draenor

Are there any classes currently that can survive and beat a stealth opener in 1v1 pvp ? (against rogue/feral/hunter)

Deleted
    Stealth openers are very strong, no matter the class they come from.

Let's asume we're not talking about a duel, where you know shit is gonna get down, but a wpvp/random bg situation.
    The first thing you must do is break the stun from a rogue, either by trinket or by abilities where available. Sitting there and eating the opener is stupid as rogues can bring you to 50% in the opener if you let them. Alot of bad rogues blow their cds on the opener and if you trinket and cc them or blow a def cd, they're out of tricks and try to run.

You can't counter openers from ferals and hunters unless you have immunities and heals, like ret paladins. Ferals will blow cd and put bleeds on you which hurt like a bitch. And hunters will open from range with an aimed shot + chimera shot combo, which also hurts a lot.

But then this kind of pvp is never meant to be balanced.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravasi View Post
    Stealth openers are very strong, no matter the class they come from.

Let's asume we're not talking about a duel, where you know shit is gonna get down, but a wpvp/random bg situation.
    The first thing you must do is break the stun from a rogue, either by trinket or by abilities where available. Sitting there and eating the opener is stupid as rogues can bring you to 50% in the opener if you let them. Alot of bad rogues blow their cds on the opener and if you trinket and cc them or blow a def cd, they're out of tricks and try to run.

You can't counter openers from ferals and hunters unless you have immunities and heals, like ret paladins. Ferals will blow cd and put bleeds on you which hurt like a bitch. And hunters will open from range with an aimed shot + chimera shot combo, which also hurts a lot.

But then this kind of pvp is never meant to be balanced.
    either you didn't express yourself correctly or you're a 1.5k player at best.

what you have to do is to blow enough defensives to survive the initial burst (depends what cd's the rogue/feral blows), or AT LEAST wait with the trinket untill the CP-stun hits you.
    if you trinket a rogue's or a druid's opener stun he'll just lock you with his follow up stun (kidney shot or maim) and take a chunk of your hp anyways.

Deleted
    Indeed. You never trinket the a rogue's openner: vs good ones you will just receive a blind/sap and he will a reset, which is especially bad if you're a caster since you're gonna eat a garrote. Ideally you also want to wait 1-2 seconds to see if trinket is used/proced as that will allow some classes to spare a big defensive cd. The only situation where you trinket is when you're out of defensives.

Since you said "Draenor" I'm assuming you're interested on the situation present in the next expansion. If so: burst was lowered, and rogue openers got weaker since you can't rely on subterfuge for a few extra seconds of free damage. Still, same principles apply:
    a) Check for offensive cds/trinket procs used by the rogue;
    b) Use your low-cd defensives against no cds from the rogue, use your best defensives against cds from the rogue;
    c) Trinket only if you think you're going to die (which should only happen when you don't have defensives).

Deleted
    Play a tank, stealth classes simply does not just attack a tank.

Quote Originally Posted by vexew View Post
    Or, do the same shit you do now, play the overpowered classes, since nothing REALLY changed, @ least not for good.

If you keep dreaming about lvl 100 is balanced prepare for the RAGE.

It's always the same bull, game is not balanced for 1x1, but curiously the good 1x1 classes are the predominant ones in HIGH RATING, go figure.
    Everyone having an Artifact equals nobody having one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by edmorte View Post
    It's always the same bull, game is not balanced for 1x1, but curiously the good 1x1 classes are the predominant ones in HIGH RATING, go figure.
    Yes, ww monks, rogues, feral druids and hunters are simply melting the arena ladders. Oh wait, they're actually the least played specs.

Yeah, there is certainly some bullshit here but not where you think it is.

hunters
    Oh wait, they're actually the least played specs.
    If only this would be the actual meta.

I agree about the rogue opener... don't trinket it!
    However, I WOULD recommend trinketing a feral opener. Their next stun shares a DR and is not as long as the rogues, so their opening stun is the longest stun for the next 15 seconds.
    Thus, you trinket the opening pounce, (now rake in WoD), and then CC them or blow CD's, they will not bother to restun you, instead they will just attempt to get their full bleeds going leaving you free to disrupt with kiting or CC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where everything is bitter. Especially me.
    You can't counter openers from *snip* hunters *snip*
    Maybe if you don't know how to use terrain to your advantage or can't break LoS because your wasd hand is in a vise.

If the hunter is BM, CC the pet and watch him flop over. If the hunter isnt, break LoS, and make him come to you. If you fight him on his terms, of course you're gonna lose.
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff

Trinketing the initial stun is dumb.

If nobody else is attacking you, any decent rogue is just going to blind you, re-stealth, and start over.

Yes, ww monks, rogues, feral druids and hunters are simply melting the arena ladders. Oh wait, they're actually the least played specs.

Yeah, there is certainly some bullshit here but not where you think it is.
    He said those overpowered in 1v1, then, save for rogues, you named a bunch of classes that suck at duels. WoW PvP has always been Rock, Paper, Scissors. The only caveat is there's a handful of Scissors, a whole lot of Paper, and no Rocks. The best classes for 1v1 have remained relatively unchanged since Vanilla, except for every single healer, which is exponentially harder to kill these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post

If nobody else is attacking you, any decent rogue is just going to blind you, re-stealth, and start over.
    Or blind you and then deep six your partner while you stand there and watch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Quote Originally Posted by vexew View Post
    Play a stealth class(ferals are currently 1v1 gods on beta), bring a friend to use as bait, win.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanimus View Post
    Maybe if you don't know how to use terrain to your advantage or can't break LoS because your wasd hand is in a vise.

If the hunter is BM, CC the pet and watch him flop over. If the hunter isnt, break LoS, and make him come to you. If you fight him on his terms, of course you're gonna lose.
    Unless you have tested every piece of terrain, you can never be sure if that massive tree/pillar/rock will actually break LoS or if they will just shoot through it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

I play a hunter, and I very much enjoy marksmanship on the PTR right now. I might have to main it in WoD. I will just have to see how it does in raids.

I can see how a MM hunter opening would be very strong. I will probably use exotic munitions with freezing ammo for the auto-apply slow. Aimed shot chimera shot combo from 46 yards away, rapid fire aimeds, possible powershot if they get too close, pet attacking them in the meantime, and all with sniper training going on. I am stacking mastery in WoD. I wonder how strong it will become. I can't see MM's mastery not being nerfed, at least the range increase aspect of it, though it is an AWESOME mechanic.
    Last edited by spinner981; 2014-09-16 at 02:19 AM.
    “Humanism means that the man is the measure of all things...But it is not only that man must start from himself in the area of knowledge and learning, but any value system must come arbitrarily from man himself by arbitrary choice.” - Francis A. Schaeffer

Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post

Or if his cooldowns are up, KS for a new stun, THEN blind and restealth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tiporispit View Post
    He said those overpowered in 1v1, then, save for rogues, you named a bunch of classes that suck at duels. WoW PvP has always been Rock, Paper, Scissors. The only caveat is there's a handful of Scissors, a whole lot of Paper, and no Rocks. The best classes for 1v1 have remained relatively unchanged since Vanilla, except for every single healer, which is exponentially harder to kill these days.
    Are you fucking serious?! Ww monks, feral druids and hunters are also OP as fuck at 1v1. Are we talking about wow?!

10+ Year Old Account
    Outside of pally a feral can light up anyone in the open world with their opener. I take that back, horde feral druids are going to be bitching about dwarves completely nullin their opening bleeds.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    Outside of pally a feral can light up anyone in the open world with their opener. I take that back, horde feral druids are going to be bitching about dwarves completely nullin their opening bleeds.
    Mages can iceblock and priests can disperse. Other than that there is really no way to survive a feral who has a clue, in 1v1.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaim View Post
    either you didn't express yourself correctly or you're a 1.5k player at best.

what you have to do is to blow enough defensives to survive the initial burst (depends what cd's the rogue/feral blows), or AT LEAST wait with the trinket untill the CP-stun hits you.
    if you trinket a rogue's or a druid's opener stun he'll just lock you with his follow up stun (kidney shot or maim) and take a chunk of your hp anyways.
    were not talking about arena so doesn't matter if you're 3k rated, you will lose to someone in a world pvp situation if you're not prepared

never trinket anything but blind from a rogue, he will use it to reset and that throws the fight MASSIVELY into his favour since they can sap off it and regen health, wait for cds etc.