Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Questionable Cartoons

Now I don't know how accurate the banned statement is as I remember watching these episodes numerous times on UK TV as a child. However can you remember or find other questionable cartoon scenes from your childhood?

FUN FACT: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (80s/90s) was renamed Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles in the UK because Ninja was too violent. They also changed Michelangelo's nunchucks into a grappling hook

Deleted
    Eh you've clearly never watched Blue Cat Blues, fucking hell that's one depressing episode.

I had it on tape growing up, might explain a few things.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post

Now I don't know how accurate the banned statement is as I remember watching these episodes numerous times on UK TV as a child. However can you remember or find other questionable cartoon scenes from your childhood?

FUN FACT: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (80s/90s) was renamed Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles in the UK because Ninja was too violent. They also changed Michelangelo's nunchucks into a grappling hook
    Not true, I was a huge fan as a kid and he definitely had nunchucks, you can see them quite clearly in this video 54 seconds in.

I think a lot of us started watching anime back in the day because it was edgier.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Deleted
    Edd, Ed and Eddy is also filled with innuendos.

Also Cow&Chicken is just retarded. I laughed at the "carpet munchers" lmao.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    Not true, I was a huge fan as a kid and he definitely had nunchucks, you can see them quite clearly in this video 54 seconds in.

http://turtlepedia.wikia.com/wiki/Turtle_Line

They eventually replaced it

Rocko's Modern Life.

Note - that is a male cow.

Deleted
    It takes a real genius to think nunchucks are violent but a sword is ok.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rich816 View Post
    it takes a real genius to think nunchucks are violent but a sword is ok.
    it's a nanny state!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    It takes a real genius to think nunchucks are violent but a sword is ok.
    You stole what I was going to say!

Deleted
    Rocko's Modern Life had tons of sexual innuendoes so much so you can't believe it passed censorship

- - - Updated - - -

[QUOTE=RICH816;29502044]It takes a real genius to think nunchucks are violent but a sword is ok.[/QU#OTE]

It was a pretty WTF censorship

I grew up in the 80s, all the cartoons were "questionable".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Rocko's Modern Life.

Note - that is a male cow.
    "HE'S A STEER!!" XD

But looking back at those cartoons, I'm wondering WTF were those animators were thinking. They wouldn't even be considered teenage cartoons and they are showing crap like this to kids? And I watched them!?!?

Ren and Stimpy was pretty bent.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Cow and chicken was banned in the US? Huh, did not know that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    Cow and chicken was banned in the US? Huh, did not know that.
    I believe it's more episodes than actual show

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dipstick View Post

Ren and Stimpy was pretty bent.
    They made an adult version too

Deleted
    Loved Rocko's modern life and ren & stimpy when I was young.

Questionable? Most definitely. But so good, me and my friends who would watch it with me would always laugh our asses off.

On a side note, I thought about the other kind of questionable cartoons. Yes, I'm a perv. Sue me :P

Deleted

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    well not while I was kid in england watching it all those years ago this is in fact the first time I've seen it replaced

But on tge subject why are numbchucks more dangerous than a pair of swords or daggers?

How odd, I was JUST talking about this with my friend. Does anyone else remember this shit?

Where Zim harvested fucking human organs to appear more human? Holy shit how did this pass censors?

Also..

Courage.

Then there was the Heads of Beef episode where it was heavily implied the pig people running the hamburger place they visited was using human meat to make the burgers. This episode always stayed with me since childhood for some reason. (though I believe at the end they kind of dismiss the use of human meat by suggesting they were only making sculptures of the people who went missing?)