Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

$1 Mil. pre-order bonus for GTA V on next gen / PC

I just read a press release on this yesterday, but didnt find anyone (Amazon, etc) writing about that pre-order perk yet. Anyone knows when this information will be avaible? Of course you're also free to discuss this perk in this thread, since I'm going to use that million on my usual GTA rampage. >.>

Its 500k for online and 500k for story, btw.

10+ Year Old Account
    I never pre-order anything really. Often saves me 20 bucks in the process.
    Ryzen 7 5800X - RX 6900 XT
    Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO - Crucial Ballistix DDR4 32GB 3600Mhz - Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280
    Corsair 4000D Airflow - 1x ASUS 27" VG27AQ - 2x iiyama 24”

Nice little perk. Nothing much else to discuss really, just Google the story tomorrow and there might be some more information.

Not pre-ordering regardless. After the abysmal port that was GTA4 PC, I'm waiting at least two weeks to make sure all the issues are accounted for, and then I'll re-assess if I want to buy it or not.

I'll wait a few months for all the bugs to get worked out and a Steam sale to knock the price down to $10-20.

There's only a handful of developers I trust to preorder from, and thats only if I literally *can't wait* a month or two for the price to drop before playing the game.

Rockstar isn't one of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bastila-Shan View Post
    Anyone who Preorders GTA5 for PC, is a fucking retard!
    You make a compelling argument.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a bit torn whether to (legally) acquire gta 5 or not... on one hand i want to support them releasing games for pc on the other i don't want to support them releasing a year after xbox/ ps4....

Is that all you can do on this forum? Post shit?

10+ Year Old Account
    DO NOT PREORDER GTA V FOR PC, DO NOT PREORDER GTA V FOR PC, DO NOT PREORDER GTA V FOR PC.

That's all im gonna claim, rockstar has delivered some subpar experience with pc ports (except for max payne 3), but for the moment IM NOT GIVING R* ANY MONEY.
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

Deleted
    shouldn't be any perks for pre-ordering any game imo, used to be you pre-ordered to make sure you got your game on the day, now its pre-order for extra goodies!! Give us your money now!!!!11111

But really, these pre-orders which grant you easy items and extra's are just silly.

Deleted
    Will do what I ALWAYS do before dropping a load of cash on a AAA game.
    Make sure I enjoy it on the platform I choose, IE PC. That means heading over to a site that shall not be named, using an app that will not be talked about, and doing to the game what is needed, To ensure that it is everything that it is hyped to be, And if it is, then rockstar will get my $$, if it's not what I am looking for or up to my standards of a AAA game price tag, then I wont.

Simple.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Please post productively. Infracted. -Edge

May I ask why?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    May I ask why?
    He put it a bit too bluntly and insulting, but he does have a bit of a point with being careful with Rockstar PC ports, considering what their track record with ports is.
    Last edited by zealo; 2014-09-24 at 05:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LummyBear View Post
    shouldn't be any perks for pre-ordering any game imo, used to be you pre-ordered to make sure you got your game on the day, now its pre-order for extra goodies!! Give us your money now!!!!11111

But really, these pre-orders which grant you easy items and extra's are just silly.
    Bonuses like extra money or obtaining items faster don't really bother me (outside of competitive multiplayer of course, but thats pretty rare) but things that are locked to pre-order either entirely or put behind a pay wall after can go bathe in a river of infinite dicks.

I probably won't pre-order unless I save a decent amount of money by doing so, which is rare for a AAA game. Better to wait to see if it's stable, especially after an added delay.
    Her hall is called Eljudnir,
    her dish is Hunger,
    her knife is Famine,
    her slave is Lazy,
    and Slothful is her woman servant.

Quote Originally Posted by barackopala View Post
    DO NOT PREORDER GTA V FOR PC, DO NOT PREORDER GTA V FOR PC, DO NOT PREORDER GTA V FOR PC.

That's all im gonna claim, rockstar has delivered some subpar experience with pc ports (except for max payne 3), but for the moment IM NOT GIVING R* ANY MONEY.
    I'm waiting until I can get if for $4.99 during a Steam Sale. I'm not going to spend $70 to rebuy a game I bought a year ago.
    Last edited by Ratboy; 2014-09-24 at 05:40 PM.
    "Oh, you know what? You could bitch about anything couldn't you?" - Leonard L. Church

Counter-question, did you pre-order fucking Alien:Colonial Marines or WatchDogs?
    You must be a real big boy to come here and pretend to be all tough, arent you?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LummyBear View Post

There shouldn't be microtransactions on gta, it is stupid, the online component is just plain bad, hope it comes out with mods (which it won't i bet)
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

Not gonna lie guys. I love GTA5 so much I might get it for my PS4 too. (I have it on PS3 but replaying the missions isn't the same, you miss out on a lot of in between story once the replay is done. I want to play it over. :/ $60 is a lot though lol.)

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Counter-question, did you pre-order fucking Alien:Colonial Marines or WatchDogs?

I personally make it a point not to pre order any game. Nor am I a first day buyer.

That said I don't judge what anyone else does. They are free to do as they please.

10+ Year Old Account
    How is that applicable? GTAV is already out, you know. We already know it's awesome.