Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Outside ORG sending your children down the mines.
    I was waiting for this to happen, i know which name I'm going to hunt for...

There are so many ppl saying Blizz is so fu***** greedy.

But lets look at the other side. You are a player that has not played WoW for 6 years. You have lets say played on a couple of different realms and you have lets say 31 characters. Now all those Characters get a FREE RENAME SERVICE when you start to play WoW again. I mean that is a Bunch of money that those players get for FREE.

This is so unfair! I want free RENAME SERVICE for all of my characters! FU** U Blizz!!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallemo View Post
    There are so many ppl saying Blizz is so fu***** greedy.

But lets look at the other side. You are a player that has not played WoW for 6 years. You have lets say played on a couple of different realms and you have lets say 31 characters. Now all those Characters get a FREE RENAME SERVICE when you start to play WoW again. I mean that is a Bunch of money that those players get for FREE.

This is so unfair! I want free RENAME SERVICE for all of my characters! FU** U Blizz!!!!
    Part of the problem is these names have been tied up since 2004 or whatever. If people quit and don't come back, they are still tied up and not available for people who do play. This isn't a renaming service, this is a service for people playing and want to have certain names that otherwise sit in the beyond section at Bed, Bath, & Beyond.

The amount of bitching about this is ridiculous. I'm betting a good majority of the people complaining don't even play the game, as it's typically standard in society to bitch and moan about things that don't even affect us. And if you are bitching and still play, you're stupid as a person for speaking before actually knowing something.

Also note I'm not specifically talking to you Tallemo.
    Last edited by Strychnine; 2014-09-16 at 01:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blaiz View Post
    Blaming this on greed is a bit far fetched, all they're doing is freeing up the names and any dormant account will have there characters flagged for a rename when or if they ever log in again. There's no financial gain in there at all, they're not saying that if you find your name has been used by someone else you have to pay for a new name.
    Really, you don't see the financial gain in this situation? It will free up tons of cool names making people want to do a name change for €8.

Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    And they can. They have 10 free days on their account. All they need is to log in - FOR FREE. That's all. If they can't be bothered to do that they still don't lose their character - just the name. Really people, stop the whining about nothing.
    Blizzard took away my free 10-day trial when they gave me MoP for free. I'm not allowed logging in unless I pay $15 for the monthly fee. They gave me a $10 product for free, and to use it, I have to pay $15, so they make $5 profit. They're a greedy, sneaky company now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainArlong View Post
    Blizzard took away my free 10-day trial when they gave me MoP for free. I'm not allowed logging in unless I pay $15 for the monthly fee. They gave me a $10 product for free, and to use it, I have to pay $15, so they make $5 profit. They're a greedy, sneaky company now.
    You haven't played that character/account in 6 years, now all of a sudden you're at risk of losing your name you suddenly care? You've had 6 years to decide whether or not you want to play again, hell that's 3 expansions and more than half of the game's life. If you still are not wanting to play after 6 years, it's quite clear you probably won't come back. If you're intrigued by what WoD brings, you can sub a week before 6.0 and keep your character's names. If not, well then that's on you for not having a genuine interest after such a long time and probably should drop this 6 year obsession. It's unhealthy dude.

No sympathy for someone that hasn't played in 6 years and now suddenly cares because their oh-so-precious name is under threat. People like you seriously need to just.. Distance yourselves from the game and it's development because you have shown zero loyalty to them, zero care to their every expansion past Wrath. Just leave.
    Last edited by NatePsy; 2014-09-16 at 02:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Strychnine View Post
    Part of the problem is these names have been tied up since 2004 or whatever. If people quit and don't come back, they are still tied up and not available for people who do play.
    FYI, names can be freed up if you submit a ticket, I've gotten maybe 4 or 5 this way - however, the entire account has to be inactive for a publicly unknown amount of time for the GM to decide if they can do so.

But if a person created a character on day 1 and then switched to another new server at some point without having deleted the original character, the name is locked as long as their account is still live, even if they never used that character again. I'm really hoping to get a couple of names that I haven't been able to so far, but still don't register on the Armory.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wellp, looks like I'll be losing my Sephiroth name on Blackrock...

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nice change....but I've already got the names I want on my realm. xD

Ooooooooh goly~
    | [ My Twitch ] |

2008.....should be 2011.
    If you haven't played in three years, you don't care or even remember what your character's name was.
    Last edited by tankbug; 2014-09-16 at 02:18 PM.

Deleted
    Must... claim.. "Arthaslol"... for all my death knights...!

If the names of characters you're never going to play again because you hate Blizzard are SO important to you, by all means, don't re-up. You'll show them.

Deleted
    All I can say to people complaining about this is: GET F***ING REKT
    xD

Do you know why them trolls still lurk these forums? Cause you feed them. Just ignore... No, there is no way a serious person can have that kind of opinion. They just want attention. On topic, it was about time.

Good idea, since the vast majority of Vanilla/TBC players have moved on to something else in gaming/life and the odds of them coming back to this game again are nil. I'm one of the Vanilla gang, and I have like 5 friends from Vanilla left out of a guild that had enough people to run 2 x 40 man raids consistently back then. There are so many good names that got taken in those years, it's about time they freed them up. Realistically they should unlock them every expansion, there's no reason to reserve names for people that AFK for over 2 years.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainArlong View Post
    When you got MoP for free you logged in an your name is safe. If you did not log in for free - your fault.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

Even if you want to save your name after being gone for 6 years, can't people just use their mist of pandaria 10 days trial? I think everyone got that, together with a free copy of Cata.

Edit: Opps, never mind.

Well, I didn't get Mists for free.

Edit 2:

What happens when one of my names gets claimed? I mean sadly I'm not inactive since 6 years, but would I get a free name change? That would be... awesome!
    Last edited by Malacras; 2014-09-16 at 05:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Malacras View Post
    Even if you want to save your name after being gone for 6 years, can't people just use their mist of pandaria 10 days trial? I think everyone got that, together with a free copy of Cata.

Edit: Opps, never mind.

Well, I didn't get Mists for free.

Edit 2:

What happens when one of my names gets claimed? I mean sadly I'm not inactive since 6 years, but would I get a free name change? That would be... awesome!
    That's how it works with a character transfer. If the name is taken at the destination realm you get a prompt to rename. I would imagine it's the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Saxtorph View Post
    That's how it works with a character transfer. If the name is taken at the destination realm you get a prompt to rename. I would imagine it's the same thing.
    Well then, what is there to complain about! If someone is gone for that long chances are that their preferences changed anyway. A once in a lifetime opportunity for Narutopwns.
    Last edited by Malacras; 2014-09-17 at 12:03 AM.

It's funny how many people misinterpret a company cutting off dead weight so they can cater to their paying customers as an act of desperation to stay afloat and keep WoW alive.

But then again, i'm not surprised. This community (this website, especially) likes to turn everything into hyperbole. Either that, or people here just have a VERY skewed vision of how a company works.
    Last edited by Mellrod; 2014-09-17 at 12:39 AM.