Shaman Challenge mode set modeled after Cairne Bloodhoof?

So I recently came back to WoW and figured I'd finish up my shaman's CM set, which I love by the way and I got to noticing something I hadn't noticed before, nor had I heard anyone else suggest. Is the Shaman's CM set supposed to be modeled after Cairne?

Cairne was the previous Tauren Chief killed by Garrosh: http://www.wowwiki.com/Cairne_Bloodhoof

As you can see, they both have the totems on the shoulders, have a "feathery" tribal looking cap (though Cairnes is obviously much more dated) and otherwise relatively tribal and "open" armor, especially in the chest area. So was the CM shaman set supposed to be like a homage to him? Or is this just simply a "shamany" looking set and no connection?

If this should be obvious OR has no connection, feel free to say, maybe I just missed something, but it was something I noticed the other day.

Deleted
    No, the shaman set has totems because that's an iconic thing shaman do.

Deleted
    I thought the totems and the belt looked rather mogu inspired. Not sure if mogu have any shamanistic style casters, but the faces on the totems look very mogu like.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Not even remotely. The CM set is 100% troll inspired; look at it! Tiki mask, trivial War paint, tiki totems.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vellerix View Post
    I thought the totems and the belt looked rather mogu inspired. Not sure if mogu have any shamanistic style casters, but the faces on the totems look very mogu like.
    Plenty of lightning users amongst the Mogu. That said, it looks a lot more Hozen than Mogu.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Vellerix View Post
    Agreed, I always thought the faces on the totems looked like Mogu. Overall though, it has a very tribal vibe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chubathingy View Post
    But anyway it's OK to be jelly of the tallest midget.

Maybe it's both cairne and troll related? That was my initial thought, tbh. I came up with a "Grimtotem Destroyer" transmog, consisting of the CM shoulders, t8 hc, and Grimhorn Crushers. Looked very fitting on a male tauren.

I also came up with good troll transmogs, mostly around the helmet.

The chest meanwhile I liked for 80% of my transmog ideas, as everything primal looks better with it, provided your character is male. Bikini mogs aren't my thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

10+ Year Old Account
    They wouldn't model a shaman set after a warrior.
    Black Lives Matter

It could be a mix of troll style, with some style from a tauren chief like Cairne was, with mop style for the expac.

Quote Originally Posted by Tragedia View Post
    They wouldn't model a shaman set after a warrior.
    He wasn't a "warrior" exactly. He was also a hunter, and a for WC3 he was a "tauren Chieftan" and Cairne did practice Shamanism.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.