10+ Year Old Account

WoW fanbase will cheer for anything!

This is not a bash thread or anything i'm a big WoW/Blizzard fan and i will be forever probably.

But i notice when they announce something and even if it is on the late side people still cheer like its christmas (you see in video on the areas where they are example blizzcon)

Example when the release date of Warlords of Draenor got announced it was like 1 month longer then most of people expected. (if you dont count the big 10month delay)

And people cheered so hard :P

I bet if blizzard wrote down at end of the video 05/05/20 then people would still cheer like crazy:P
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

10+ Year Old Account
    We also apparently complain about anything....

But I think everyone already knew that..

Edit: I'm not hating on you, I just couldn't resist the joke. They're at a big public event for something they're passionate about. Of course they're gonna cheer to have whatever information they're being given.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    This is not a bash thread or anything i'm a big WoW/Blizzard fan and i will be forever probably.

But i notice when they announce something and even if it is on the late side people still cheer like its christmas (you see in video on the areas where they are example blizzcon)

Example when the release date of Warlords of Draenor got announced it was like 1 month longer then most of people expected. (if you dont count the big 10month delay)

I bet if blizzard wrote down at end of the video 05/05/20 then people would still cheer like crazy:P
    Yeah, tell me another one.

I don't think using blizzcon as an example is accurate for anyone, considering that it's a convention for the most hardcore fans. Of course they're going to be excited about anything/everything.

I can understand what you're saying in that Blizzard has tons of people willing to fight to the death to tell you that your opinion is wrong and blizzard is great at everything etc. and their lore always makes sense and is super unique and awesome

Really? Because from what I see on these forums, WoW fanbase will bitch about anything...

That aside though, of course Blizzcon sees tons of cheering, the people going there are nothing but the truest of fans I'd dare say since they wouldn't spend that amount of cash and time unless they truly loved the games from Blizzard. The people sitting here on mmo-champ going frownyface about every little change or lack of change aren't likely to be found in the crowd, are they?

I was not at Blizzcon, wish I had been, and the release date to me was fine...a light at the end of the tunnel, so to speak!

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post

Let me get this straight: you say this isn't a bash thread, but then you use the example of a crowd reaction at Blizzcon, a subsection of the fanbase that spends a lot of time and money to get to a Blizzard sponsored event, to feign shock that people are excited at said event? What else could be your purpose?

And god forbid those fans exhibit excitement when they spend the money to be happy. Shame on them.

Sorry bud, you're going to need a better example. This board is rife with folks who seem the opposite--and even then, gaming shouldn't be misery, so hard to fault anyone for cheering/being happy when a game they like announces improvements/expansions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Locked the thread.

This doesn't seem to lead to much constructive discussion.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..