Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I did not know you could perform surgery on something that small, but i'm happy the fish survived

Quote Originally Posted by TZK203 View Post
    I feel like it would be more worthwhile to use it on a pet cat or dog or bird, but whatever. It's not like that just because a goldfish has a surgery, no other animal can get a similar surgery at the same time--the world doesn't just stop.
    You could argue that it would actually be more worthwhile to do it to a goldfish considering they can live considerably longer than a cat or dog. Again, value is relative.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Why were they trying to save a goldfish? What a waste of time and money...
    Here to show off your narcissism and inflate your ego again?

What people do with their money and time isn't your business.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

15+ Year Old Account
    Outside ORG sending your children down the mines.
    You shouldn't be surprised that they can perform such an operation. Money and time well spent? idk. It's the owners choice.

"George's owner was given the choice between an operation or having the fish put to sleep" You mean the toilet bowl treatment...lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DEATHETERNAL View Post
    Fishy!!!!!

I wonder how long will this fish last now with the operation.
    The guy who payed so much money probaly realy liked it.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Saw that online... Poor fishy. But lucky fishy. May sound extreme to people who don't regard fish as highly as they do other pets, but it's good to see from others who love their fish just as much as any other pet. Such a risk to be willing to spend that kind of money though, fish are so iffy on whether they will even survive something or not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redlokyldoreifanggore View Post
    I think the thing that shocked me the most is just how old a goldfish can get. I had no idea they could live up to 40-some years old. Now I feel horrible for my two goldfish that died off at only 7 years
    99% of times it's because of the water. City water has fluoride in it, which is not so great for the little gill-breathers.
    Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
    So I chose the path of the Ebon Blade, and not a day passes where i've regretted it.
    I am eternal, I am unyielding, I am UNDYING.
    I am Zethras, and my blood will be the end of you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zethras View Post
    99% of times it's because of the water. City water has fluoride in it, which is not so great for the little gill-breathers.
    True...if you see algies in your water...its 100% floride. If you value your fish life you would probaly use distiled or drinking one.
    Or spend loads on money on filter that removes everything that can cause damage to your fish.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I was thinking the same thing.

When my dad owned piranhnas, he would feed them by buying tons of goldfish and just dumping them in there and watching the frenzy commece.

Deleted
    No offence to any Goldfish out there viewing the thread, but do Goldfish have that much of a brain?

Deleted
    While I personally would not go that far for a Goldfish, a pet is a pet, while they may be cheaper and easier to "replace" than a dog or a cat, some people value the life of certain animals over others. Clearly they care for their Goldfish more so than dare I say the average person.

Fish are awesome. I had a betta named Ugly (his face was lopsided) and he lived for a little over six years. He would follow my finger around and rub up against it. He was shy to everyone else but me. If he had a tumor I would have totally had it removed.

Deleted
    Goddammit, it's a fish. It has no personality.
    If it looked the same you wouldn't even know someone swaped it.

Well, people even donate more to save animals from extinction that are too lazy to procreate instead to save human lives.

Still waiting for your PM that has actual facts.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, I did this for my piranhas as well.
    Goldfish contain thiaminase so I would not recommend feeding your piranhas this. As someone who does own piranhas, I never feed them goldfish.

Quote Originally Posted by Chitika View Post

Well, people even donate more to save animals from extinction that are too lazy to procreate instead to save human lives.
    ........ because Humans are in danger of dying out, right? In fact, I'd argue that it's better that we tone down the amount of births every year, rather than constantly increasing the surplus population. And, "are too lazy to procreate themselves"................ what? You DO realize that when a species goes extinct, it's not the only part of the ecosystem that's affected by it..... right?

And why the hell would it matter if the goldfish has a 'personality'? Value is relative. In fact, it sounds like she is going to get another 20 years of entertainment out of it. That seems like a pretty good use of money to me.
    Last edited by Mental Surge; 2014-09-17 at 12:44 AM.

I'd rather my tax money go to keeping goldfish alive than murderers, child molesters, and rapists.
    Last edited by muto; 2014-09-17 at 01:09 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chitika View Post

You haven't owned fish have you? Or are very limited in the variety. Many fish, esp certain species, actually have a lot of personalty.

Used to have an Oscar and a Chocolate cichlid, those guys are something else... Even the Oranda I have now, I was not expecting too much of an overt personalty since that species is within the goldfish family (and yeah, goldfish just tend to be cute but not the brightest fish), but boy was I wrong. Only fish I've had that actively tries to interact when my hands are in the tank, and she full well knows if she makes loud noises at the surfaces she can get my attention. Doing it right now because they're still waiting for dinner.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    Here to show off your narcissism and inflate your ego again?

What people do with their money and time isn't your business.
    Yes, people tend to disagree frequently fundamentally in this community.

And yes, people tend to have heated arguments in threads.

But carrying the shit from one thread to another in order to nothing but hostile is dickish.

15+ Year Old Account
    Now lets see if he can survive a brain transplant!( was seriously hoping this would be about some medical marvel).

Reminds me of the floating pet fish you get in wow, but if you are a shadow priest he turns all dark and shadowy, thought I loved that look on him.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by Redlokyldoreifanggore View Post
    I think the thing that shocked me the most is just how old a goldfish can get. I had no idea they could live up to 40-some years old. Now I feel horrible for my two goldfish that died off at only 7 years

I could be mistaken but I think they can live over 100