Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ryuushima View Post
    wfto is taking it's bloody time though, I've been waiting for years and the progress is beyond slow.
    If wfto ever finishes I'll be sure to try it out but that will probably take another bunch of years :'(
    Feb 2015 release according to Kickstarter backer emails

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    There's a difference between healthy skepticism and simply inviting controversy for the sake of it.
    Sure, but I'm with Vespian on this.

One entry in the series being heralded as the second coming of Dungeon Keeper prior to release and being completely forgotten upon release should make people err on the side of skepticism when a second entry appears on the horizon with the EXACT SAME FANFARE.

Why would I check out dungeons 2 if I am a dungeon Keeper fan? Makes no sense mate. I should look at War for the Overworld instead. That game is like dungeon keeper. Don't buy the hype, they are different games.

Deleted
    Indeed, war for the overworld is the most Dungeon Keeper game a dungeon keeper fan can wish. They even have Richard Riddings and Peter Molineux supports them. (excuses if I written a name wrong, it's been 10+ year since I actively played dungeon keeper)

Deleted
    Considering Dungeons was absolutely terrible, I think I'm going to be very cautious before jumping on this train. I never played the original DK games because I was too young then but the concept sounds really interesting, especially the design part.

Quote Originally Posted by Fyre View Post
    Considering Dungeons was absolutely terrible, I think I'm going to be very cautious before jumping on this train. I never played the original DK games because I was too young then but the concept sounds really interesting, especially the design part.
    http://www.gog.com/game/dungeon_keeper
    http://www.gog.com/game/dungeon_keeper_2

If you buy the bundle you can get them both for ten bucks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fyre View Post
    Yeah I heard that. Looking in the archives of my game news source they also said it wasn't dungeonkeeper in contrary to other sources.

http://www.gamer.nl/review/64580/dungeons (use translate)

They raped ea dungeon keepers remake

http://www.gamer.nl/review/451776/du...-van-de-tunnel

But they are genuinely excited about this one and claim it looks, feels and plays like Dungeon keeper. This website is pretty critical, also about Destiny and hyped games. So I trust their integrity.

But time will tell.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post

I don't even like TB, but you should watch this. Don't buy into the hype, wait for War for the Overworld.
    Watched it. I found the most remarkable that Dungeons 1 clearly wasnt a new DK, as he pointed out at 4 minutes in. Based on gameplay, yet everyone blames Dungeons 1 for claiming to be the next DK and not delivering lol. Shows how easily influenced some of the fanbase is.

But here´s the difference: my source says 2 is looking to be the new DK. Where as they said in 2010 that the first ´Dungeons´ wasnt anything LIKE dungeonkeeper in the review.. You see the difference here?

IGN and the sorts on dungeons 1: New dungeonkeeper! Go buy!
    My source on dungeons 1: Meh, ok concept but nothing like dungeon keeper.

IGN and the sorts on dungeons 2: New dungeonkeeper! Go buy!
    My source on dungeons 2: This looks. plays and feels as if its the next dungeon keeper.

But again, time will tell.

Btw, looking at Wotow, im a sucker for graphics. That game looks as if it was made with graphical density of minecraft.
    Last edited by mmoc9478eb6901; 2014-09-16 at 05:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiift View Post
    Yeah I heard that. Looking in the archives of my game news source they also said it wasn't dungeonkeeper in contrary to other sources.

http://www.gamer.nl/review/64580/dungeons (use translate)

They raped ea dungeon keepers remake

http://www.gamer.nl/review/451776/du...-van-de-tunnel

But they are genuinely excited about this one and claim it looks, feels and plays like Dungeon keeper. This website is pretty critical, also about Destiny and hyped games. So I trust their integrity.

But time will tell.

- - - Updated - - -

Watched it. I found the most remarkable that Dungeons 1 clearly wasnt a new DK, as he pointed out at 4 minutes in. Based on gameplay, yet everyone blames Dungeons 1 for claiming to be the next DK and not delivering lol. Shows how easily influenced some of the fanbase is.

But here´s the difference: my source says 2 is looking to be the new DK. Where as they said in 2010 that the first ´Dungeons´ wasnt anything LIKE dungeonkeeper in the review.. You see the difference here?

IGN and the sorts on dungeons 1: New dungeonkeeper! Go buy!
    My source on dungeons 1: Meh, ok concept but nothing like dungeon keeper.

IGN and the sorts on dungeons 2: New dungeonkeeper! Go buy!
    My source on dungeons 2: This looks. plays and feels as if its the next dungeon keeper.

But again, time will tell.

Btw, looking at Wotow, im a sucker for graphics. That game looks as if it was made with graphical density of minecraft.
    Since 'your source' is 50% IGN in the OP, I'm still slightly worried here. The other article in your OP is from a group that didn't play the demo, if I'm not mistaken.

Also, demo-showing, is not the same as demo-playing. Nothing beats Tweakers when it comes to fair pre or reviews, although they too often copy paste, so I hope you don't mind that I'm not going to trust Gamer.nl, which you so conveniently copied into the OP.

This, wouldn't happen in DK.
    Last edited by Vespian; 2014-09-16 at 05:39 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    Since 'your source' is 50% IGN in the OP, I'm still slightly worried here. The other article in your OP is from a group that didn't play the demo, if I'm not mistaken.

Also, demo-showing, is not the same as demo-playing. Nothing beats Tweakers when it comes to fair pre or reviews, although they too often copy paste, so I hope you don't mind that I'm not going to trust Gamer.nl, which you so conveniently copied into the OP.

snip

This, wouldn't happen in DK.
    Ugh.. getting tired of ur reading comprehension. I told u before: That part is added next to the original dungeon keeper experience
    In the old one, u could not go above ground. All u could do is sit in ur dungeon, cut away shit, etc. And it seems u can still do that.

However, now u can also explore. Just like discovery in DK, u can now discover portals to the surface. The same portals ur attackers use. U can go trough those portals, and the game shifts to an RTS like system. See it as a minigame extra.

Also: DK was all about being evil. What is more evil than killing a unicorn? Thats why thats in there.

The reason i added IGN as a source was because my source is dutch. Unless u speak dutch, im sure u prefer an english source right? Point is, both are saying the same thing, regardless of integrity.
    Last edited by mmoc9478eb6901; 2014-09-16 at 07:31 PM.

Also: DK was all about being evil. What is more evil than killing a unicorn? Thats why thats in there.
    I was making an effort to write down why you're wrong, but I think I'm giving up. I'll repeat: If you think that the copy paste word of a games site, one that has not played the actual content you defend, is the truth, then by all means, do so. If you are above the age of 20 (which I doubt) however, I suggest that you use your worldly experience and realize that most of what you're being told by media anywhere, isn't exactly the truth, ever, and be a little bit (lots of) skeptic about this repeat tactic by the developers of dungeons.

By played I mean; the game. Not the Alpha demo.

Deleted
    I was making an effort to write down why you're wrong, but I think I'm giving up. I'll repeat: If you think that the copy paste word of a games site, one that has not played the actual content you defend, is the truth, then by all means, do so. If you are above the age of 20 (which I doubt) however, I suggest that you use your worldly experience and realize that most of what you're being told by media anywhere, isn't exactly the truth, ever, and be a little bit (lots of) skeptic about this repeat tactic by the developers of dungeons.

By played I mean; the game. Not the Alpha demo.
    You ignored my explanation what, 5 times now? Only answering with:´It has ponies so its not dungeon keeper´.
    And when i make the effort to explain dev choices, u come at me with a personal attack. GG.
    `U dont agree with my standpoint so u must be below 20 hue hue`

Holy shit this community can even make a ´hey look, i might have found something interesting thread´ into a fucking gutwrenching pissing contest. From ur first post u have been incredibly hostile towards me and the game for some unapparant reason. Have it looked at.

Feel free to close this thread mods, i´m already done posting stuff that might benefit other community members if this is the shit it generates.
    Last edited by mmoc9478eb6901; 2014-09-16 at 10:26 PM.

You ignored my explanation what, 5 times now? Only answering with:´It has ponies so its not dungeon keeper´.
    And when i make the effort to explain dev choices, u come at me with a personal attack. GG.
    `U dont agree with my standpoint so u must be below 20 hue hue`

Holy shit this community can even make a ´hey look, i might have found something interesting thread´ into a fucking gutwrenching pissing contest. From ur first post u have been incredibly hostile for some unapparant reason. Have it looked at.
    You know, saying something 5 times, doesn't make it any smarter than the first time you said it. Point is, your opinion is based on one article. Articles tell lies (which GG basically proves on a large scale) and these exact same stories went around for Dungeons1. So there's multiple reasons why you shouldn't use anything in those articles to argue in favor of your case. The fact that you do, is, well, probably related to a lack of real life experiences. Not enough reality absorbed yet, still living the theoretical life a university might offer you, without the necessary experience about the real life workings. In short, simply a little bit naive.

I'm not pissing on you for being enthusiastic, but I would consider doing that for defending it, while you are firmly aware of the fact that only one party has played the demo (allegedly) , being aware that there is no game yet, based on which we can form an actual opinion, being aware that basically each and every trailer or demo that has been publicly displayed on large conventions were lies and being aware that this exact and I repeat, exact form of advertising for dungeons 2, has also been used on dungeons 1, which turned out to be completely false.

At least admit that you should temper your own expectations.

Also; I often get called hostile. I find that weird. The moment I slap a fact in someones face and they try to stick to their story, I get falsely accused of being hostile. I write the way I do, take it whichever way you like, but please make sure you clean house before looking at mine.
    Last edited by Vespian; 2014-09-16 at 10:38 PM.

Ugh.. getting tired of ur reading comprehension.
    I think yours is the one highly suspect here.

IGN can't be trusted. They are directly responsible for the confusion with the first game, on top of being just a bad site all around.

Your other source didn't play the demo.

Besides, if the big selling point of this game is that half of it plays like a watered down Warcraft 3 then I have little hope the other half of the game will be worth a damn. And what hope might remain would be dashed by the fact the first Dungeons game was complete shit, not worth buying on sale on Steam.
    Last edited by unholytestament; 2014-09-16 at 10:38 PM.

Deleted
    Also; I often get called hostile. I find that weird. The moment I slap a fact in someones face and they try to stick to their story, I get falsely accused of being hostile. I write the way I do, take it whichever way you like, but please make sure you clean house before looking at mine.
    Ur ´facts´are based on biased assumptions incase u havent noticed. U assume IGN and aaaaall the others are out to get you. U assume this game is nothing like DK, etc. U assume im over 20. U assume i dont know shit about how marketing works (eye opener, i have a Bachelor in marketing), etc. and deluded by the assumption ur personal bias and experience is fact, u go about calling people trolls, immature, lack of experience, etc.

But yeah, its all those other people.. they are just wrong about u being hostile. (hint: The only constant factor there is you).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    I think yours is the one highly suspect here.

IGN can't be trusted. They are directly responsible for the confusion with the first game, on top of being just a bad site all around.

Your other source didn't play the demo.

Besides, if the big selling point of this game is that half of it plays like a watered down Warcraft 3 then I have little hope the other half of the game will be worth a damn. And what hope might remain would be dashed by the fact the first Dungeons game was complete shit, not worth buying on sale on Steam.
    How is my reading comprehension suspect?

Lets put IGN aside then, and look at all the other review sites? They are reporting the same thing: It looks, plays and feels like DK.
    The big selling point is that its a DK remake.
    The RTS part, for the 10th time, is a small extra part expanding on the exploration experience in DK.

But im done with trying to protect a game i thought id share because all sites claimed its gonna be a new DK.
    Way too much effort for a ´hey, might be interesting´ thread. Well see what it becomes, and then ill necro this thread and send u a PM with an invite to post again.

How is my reading comprehension suspect?
    Well there's the small matter of you barking about Vespian ignoring what you said when you're ignoring the bulk of what he says in order to throw a hissy fit.
    Lets put IGN aside then, and look at all the other review sites?
    All one of them?
    The big selling point is that its a DK remake.
    Not according to the people actually making the game though. They haven't said that. Just like they didn't say it with the first game. The gaming media did. And they're saying it again.
    The RTS part, for the 10th time, is a small extra part expanding on the exploration experience in DK.
    Umm, no. Actually, it is listed twice on the list of features about the game on its official website on a list with only five points. If that's a "small extra part" then how the hell are we supposed to know what's the big part?
    But im done with trying to protect a game i thought id share because all sites claimed its gonna be a new DK.
    Way too much effort for a ´hey, might be interesting´ thread. Well see what it becomes, and then ill necro this thread and send u a PM with an invite to post again.
    If you're going to spend much time on the internet you're going to have to realize not everyone will agree with you.

I made the mistake of buying and playing Dungeons because of the "spiritual successor to Dungeon Keeper" hubbub. I know now that said hubbub wasn't actually the fault of the developers, but even ignoring that the game was boring and annoying to play, so I have little faith in them as developers.

Deleted
    Well there's the small matter of you barking about Vespian ignoring what you said when you're ignoring the bulk of what he says in order to throw a hissy fit.
    Vespian called me a troll in his first post, then continued crying about IGN being the source (which wasnt my source, i simply added it so people could read an english source) and the fact that there was a unicorn on the screenshot so it DEFINATELY wasnt DK. There wasnt a whole lot of bulk to respond too if u scroll trough the pages.

- - - Updated - - -

All one of them?
    Im pretty sure you could google more if u wanted. But responses like that make me question your intentions. Which isnt a surprise since the first Dungeons was a dissapointment to u.

Vespian called me a troll in his first post, then continued crying about IGN being the source (which wasnt my source, i simply added it so people could read an english source) and the fact that there was a unicorn on the screenshot so it DEFINATELY wasnt DK. There wasnt a whole lot of bulk to respond too if u scroll trough the pages.
    And the fact that you think this was all he said is why I find your reading comprehension suspect.

Calm down and actually read what he wrote.

- - - Updated - - -

Im pretty sure you could google more if u wanted. But responses like that make me question your intentions. Which isnt a surprise since the first Dungeons was a dissapointment to u.
    My intentions are plainly clear if you actually read my posts.

I don't trust the developers to make a good game, much less a spiritual successor to Dungeon Keeper.

Here were the actual important parts of my post that you ignored:
    Not according to the people actually making the game though. They haven't said that. Just like they didn't say it with the first game. The gaming media did. And they're saying it again.

Umm, no. Actually, it is listed twice on the list of features about the game on its official website on a list with only five points. If that's a "small extra part" then how the hell are we supposed to know what's the big part?
    Last edited by unholytestament; 2014-09-16 at 11:31 PM.

I don't trust the developers to make a good game, much less a spiritual successor to Dungeon Keeper.

Here were the actual important parts of my post that you ignored:
    The problem with "spiritual successors" is that everyone remembers what they liked best about the game, forgets what !@#$ing sucked about the game, and commonly butts heads with others who enjoyed different aspects of the same game.

I fondly remember DK2. I also remember being stuck on a certain level because it would crash the game whenever I completed it. I also remember the 'campaign' feeling like one drawn out tutorial.

Personally, I like that there's so much interest in the "DK mini-genre" lately... but it kinda sucks when people demand that it be a 'spiritual successor', its like saying... "Hey, I know its nearly 2 decades later... but I will absolutely scream and yell if there's any sort of innovation added to this game!"

Judge the game based on whether its fun, and leave your expectations of what it should be at the door.

And don't !@#$ing fall for the hype machine.

Quote Originally Posted by Halicia View Post
    The problem with "spiritual successors" is that everyone remembers what they liked best about the game, forgets what !@#$ing sucked about the game, and commonly butts heads with others who enjoyed different aspects of the same game.

I fondly remember DK2. I also remember being stuck on a certain level because it would crash the game whenever I completed it. I also remember the 'campaign' feeling like one drawn out tutorial.

Personally, I like that there's so much interest in the "DK mini-genre" lately... but it kinda sucks when people demand that it be a 'spiritual successor', its like saying... "Hey, I know its nearly 2 decades later... but I will absolutely scream and yell if there's any sort of innovation added to this game!"

Judge the game based on whether its fun, and leave your expectations of what it should be at the door.

And don't !@#$ing fall for the hype machine.
    Are you calling Dungeons or Dungeons 2 here innovative? Because if it's the first, <insert long string of laughter here>, no. It was poorly made, had terrible controls, and wasn't fun.

As for Dungeons 2, I don't see how making a sim game suddenly go full RTS for a little bit is innovative. These game types are directly related, it's just that games like Dungeon Keeper are heavier on the sim elements while Warcraft and its ilk are lighter on them. It just sounds like a gimmick to me. And given the quality of their first game it will probably be a poorly implemented and clunky to play gimmick too.

And on a completely unrelated note this is starting to remind me of the people who jumped up to defend Sacred 3.

Vespian called me a troll in his first post
    I admit I could have worded this better, but I was actually suggesting that IGN was trolling us (and I meant it sort of ironically too). They are probably aware of GamerGate and they full well know how they literally lied to us about Dungeons and here they are to do the same thing again with Dungeons 2.

then continued crying about IGN being the source (which wasnt my source
    That wasn't clear up until much later in the conversation, but the fact remains that IGN is your only source that allegedly has played a demo version.

i simply added it so people could read an english source) and the fact that there was a unicorn on the screenshot so it DEFINATELY wasnt DK. There wasnt a whole lot of bulk to respond too if u scroll trough the pages.
    I said more than that. Yes, I laughed my ass off at first, but when you refused to acknowledge the flimsiness of your sources, I made sure I put it in perspective for you. You kept ignoring that, however.

On a separate note: The pony is something that would never be in DK. To understand that, you need to understand the art direction in DK and since Kalypso has shown us with Dungeons 1, that they do not understand the sense of humor, I don't expect them to do so now. Even if they copy paste the whole thing, a large part of DK's success was the general tone of the game. Dungeons voiceacting was literally cringeworthy, where DK's was excellent on all fronts.

No, to everyone and their grandmothers.

Edit: Oh and you have an In-Holland degree Marketing, that's so very nice for you. Now if only you could learn how to spell 'you' properly, maybe we could pretend that we're both intelligent people =)

Edited out the unrelated quote, to keep it focused on Shiift's response.
    Last edited by Vespian; 2014-09-17 at 09:46 AM.