15+ Year Old Account

Mistweaver Glyph Question

I just hit 90 this week and I've been healing LFR but I feel that I'm not doing a good enough job. Because I don't plan on running normals or flex any time soon, I'm wondering what glyphs I should be using generally for LFR and dungeons? I know a lot of them are boss specific but I'm just wanting ot know generally which 3 should be used?

Enduring Spheres and then any combination of Renewing Mist, Surging Mist and Zen Meditation, and Spinning Crane Kick if you don't use Rushing Jade Wind for some reason. Out of those, Enduring Spheres + Renewing Mist + Zen Meditation is probably the best setup unless you're planning on Fistweaving a lot, in which case you might want to replace something with Surging Mist for ease of use.
    That's for LFR/dungeons/flex, if you go any higher, you may want to consider other setups depending on the fight.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

15+ Year Old Account
    On the Surging Mist glyph, does it still heal your target of Soothing Mist if you're channeling or will it end Soothing Mist and heal that person instead?

Deleted
    I quite like Mana Tea for being able to weave it into my rotation without having to stop and chug. I especially like it on fights where I have to move a lot, like Galakras tower group. I feel like Spheres benefit a raid that is stacked more often whereas Renewing Mist benefits a raid that is spread. Other than that, here is what I would suggest. In regards to Surging Mist Glyph, it will still heal your Soothing Mist channel target so you can both use it as a smart heal or as a heal on target.

Here is roughly what I run with:

Immerseus: Renewing Mist + Surging Mist + Mana Tea
    The Fallen Protectors: Renewing Mist + Detox + Spinning Crane Kick
    Norushen: Enduring Spheres + Surging Mist + Mana Tea
    Sha of Pride: Enduring Spheres + Detox + Surging Mist
    Galakras: Renewing Mist + Spinning Crane Kick + Mana Tea
    Iron Juggernaut: Renewing Mist + Fortuitous Spheres + Mana Tea
    Kor'kron Dark Shaman: Renewing Mist + Surging Mist + Mana Tea
    General Nazgrim: Renewing Mist + Surging Mist + Mana Tea
    Malkorok: Renewing Mist + Fortuitous Spheres + Enduring Spheres
    Spoils of Pandaria: Renewing Mist + Spinning Crane Kick + Mana Tea
    Thok the Bloodthirsty: Renewing Mist + Detox + Fortuitous Spheres

This is far as I've been on Normal progression at the moment. I don't really bother switching Glyphs for LFR or Flex. I'll just throw on Renewing Mist, Mana Tea and another (Usually Detox) and run with it throughout the whole thing. Basically Renewing Mist is the king for most SoO fights; Spheres when the raid can be stacked (Fortuitous if there is a high damage phase like Malkorok's Blood Phase where the raid is stacked). Detox if you will be dispelling a lot, like in Fallen Protectors where you are pretty much dispelling on cooldown. Mana Tea if you need to keep moving. Spinning Crane Kick if there are lots of stacked adds you can bring down like in Galakras or Fallen Protectors.

Here are some downsides to the glyphs:

Surging Mists: Smart, but not always smart. Don't use this on Malkorok for example because it will still go by "health" and not "shields". Otherwise there is not really a downside, it's just a bit of a filler glyph in my opinion.

Enduring Spheres: Kind of useless if you are good at positioning your spheres, if people pick them up, whatever. I don't really like it, but on fights where the raid is stacking, you can prep heals with this by loading up the stacking area with orbs.

Fortuitous Spheres: Junk if you are never going to drop below 25% health. Then there are fights like Malkorok Blood Phase, Thok, Iron Jugg etc where you are taking a lot of consistent damage over a period of time and this lets you be a little bit lax about healing yourself in order to heal other people OR if you are stacked like in Malkorok Blood Phase it will just contribute to your overall healing during that period. You kind of have to let it happen though and I guess that's risky. Otherwise, never use this.

Quote Originally Posted by sixteenmiles View Post
    Enduring Spheres: Kind of useless if you are good at positioning your spheres, if people pick them up, whatever. I don't really like it, but on fights where the raid is stacking, you can prep heals with this by loading up the stacking area with orbs.
    You don't glyph it for manually placed spheres, it's so your mastery doesn't suck quite as much and is a bit more reliable.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Deleted
    Eh, for some reason I thought it didn't have any effect on Mastery Spheres.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sixteenmiles View Post
    Eh, for some reason I thought it didn't have any effect on Mastery Spheres.
    I thought the same thing until I read the mastery for MW just now. It says "You have a X% chance when you heal to summon a HEALING SPHERE nearby". I thought that the glyph just affected the spell Healing Sphere too. Maybe I'll actually use that now lol.

Renewing Mist, Enduring Spheres are the 2 mandatory ones, especially if you have 2 pieces of tier.

Then it's whatever you want really, Surging Mist is probably your better option if you fistweave and want to use your vital mist procs easily, because without the legendary meta gem, you won't really have that much mana to spear.

Avoid the mana tea glyph like the plague, it's a total nerf to your mana regen if you use that. Spinning Crane Kick is useless since you'll be specced into Rushing Jade Wind 100% of the time anyways except on Malkorok, but on that fight you use it only in blood rage so you're not moving anyways.

Enjoy them for 3 weeks, then Enduring Spheres no longer exist and you'll have to find another one to use ;-)

7+ Year Old Account
    As Spotnick said, Renewing Mist and Enduring Spheres are mandatory.
    I personally avoid glyphing Mana Tea and Surging Mist, because I don't fistweave too often (unless it's a cleave fight), and Mana Tea glyph is rubbish. For the third, I normally glyph Zen meditation to use it as a moving personal CD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Brolibear!
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    Ladies know and love his caaaaaause! It is the Panda with the Chainsaw claaaaaws!