Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Mostly the new content, and the fact it's a fresh slate again for raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by Jmarsh56 View Post
    Ok well let me ask you this then, what classes should be excited about the changes coming with WoD? Because every class I have thought about maining in the next expac seems to feel the same way as you. At least here on these boards Paladins,Shamans, DKs and Monks are all less than excited about just about every change planned for WoD.
    It just depends on the player. I am excited to once again main my Paladin. I played my Paladin a lot in TBC/WOTLK but I quit in Cata because I despised Inquisition (and I despise pretty much all similar abilities, tho, most aren't as annoying as Inquisition).

for me, it's been a tough call between my Paladin or Druid. It will be nice seeing feral not only get a new look to their form but also the ability to remove the need to use Savage Roar at only a 3.5% penalty.

I will also probably still play my hunter a lot as well since it's the only ranged class that is going to retain it's movement.

As for everyone else, I can understand the gripes.

Just a raid that isn't SoO really. The levelling zones are also really nice.

All the new voice acting in questing content is also a nice addition and is something i've wanted since the early days of WOW when voice acting in quests was a rarity. I didn't think they'd ever be able to do it because I assumed it was just too time consuming to get done.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Neglecting college. Oh man am I excited for that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Group finder. I hate oqueue, but love the concept
    916 Mistweaver
    909 Holy Paladin

10+ Year Old Account
    I think there were a few things not all of which are coming to me at the moment. one thing I'm looking forward to a fair amount is the toy box. it means I wont have to grind out a sky mirror for each of my toons and I only have to worry about getting one of those skettis figurines which I haven't actually gotten on any of my toons yet. have orb of sin dorei on all of my 13 toons but at least I don't have to worry about getting it for my future ones. I really hope I got the troll troll disguise on a toon back when ...I know I didn't get the gnome one on all of my toons so nice that it will now be shared.

mostly excited about stuff that suits my very casual many-toon playstyle. I like to keep all of my toons simply easy-to-acquire epicly geared. garrisons seem too grindy for me to look forward to. grindy x 13 toons = rage-quit.

my bad. didn't notice it was a paladin topic. I do play one but no more than any of my others.
    Last edited by terminaltrip421; 2014-09-20 at 12:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Durnes View Post
    Retribution PvP and Ashran
    Since when is ret any good at 1v1 and wpvp?

Quote Originally Posted by terminaltrip421 View Post
    I think there were a few things not all of which are coming to me at the moment. one thing I'm looking forward to a fair amount is the toy box. it means I wont have to grind out a sky mirror for each of my toons and I only have to worry about getting one of those skettis figurines which I haven't actually gotten on any of my toons yet. have orb of sin dorei on all of my 13 toons but at least I don't have to worry about getting it for my future ones. I really hope I got the troll troll disguise on a toon back when ...I know I didn't get the gnome one on all of my toons so nice that it will now be shared.

mostly excited about stuff that suits my very casual many-toon playstyle. I like to keep all of my toons simply easy-to-acquire epicly geared. garrisons seem too grindy for me to look forward to. grindy x 13 toons = rage-quit.

my bad. didn't notice it was a paladin topic. I do play one but no more than any of my others.
    I think you get a bird costume in spires. But getting both means TWO cooldowns !

Just ret in general looks great. A lot of people may disagree, but I think it looks like one of the better classes to play come WoD, just my 2 cents

10+ Year Old Account
    Bag space. Yes, I'm serious.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakpoth View Post
    I find it unreasonable to ask for other than obvious reasons, when the reason obviously is the obvious reason.
    Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch.../dalaran/ryuji

Song that's currently stuck in my head: pretty much anything from Dance With the Dead

ever since Wotlk, my paladin has held the place as my "main-Alt", but this exspansion he is getting the spot as main. Both my hunter and warlock doesn't seem to appeal to me this exspansion, and ret paladins actually looks like a lot of fun in WoD. However, i am a bit concerned about prot paladin survivabillity, since that's my main spec, and i want to raid as prot in WoD :-)

Deleted
    Too much to list, but mainly getting to experiment seriously with pve content again since 2009

a new fresh start

Ret seems like the class that's basically a rollercoaster-ride all the way. Once you get T17 it goes even more crazy than it already were!
    If you play ret now, and think we have quite a lot of proccing spells, just you wait for WoD, it's going to get much worse.
    Basically they made the T16 P4 bonus baseline to rets, meaning that we end up with something looking like 4 proccs.

BUT... but, Blizzard didn't think that were enough... Noooohoho, we need more PROCCS UP IN HERE.
    So... take a look at the T17 bonuses -

2P - Spending Holy Power has a 20% chance to allow the use of Hammer of Wrath regardless of your target's current health.
    4P - Hammer of Wrath causes your next Exorcism to generate 3 Holy Power.

Yup, they give us 2 more proccs - resulting in something like 6 proccs. And the 4P bonus is hard to even use because you will have trouble even getting rid of your HP, to make space for 3 more!

What I mean is... You're gonna have looots of buttons to press, and it will be a rollercoaster. If you don't like rollercoasters, you're fucked

For me, its gettin rid of EEOG. I hate that trinket with a burning passion!!! It fucks up the cooldown of wings with ES and I just dont like it >:-(

How tanky and not 90% reliant on the healers Prot is! Oh, wait. Well, at least Ret is a lot of fun and not too RNG dependant! ...Crap.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    Mages seem to be quite happy about the PvE changes"
    Mage here, can't confirm happiness in PvE.

New content! And as somebody above mentioned a fresh raiding slate. This will be the first expac since WotLK that I've decided I will raid as soon as I hit cap. Cata I didn't really raid, and MoP I came in late. WotLK holds my best WoW memories, so hopefully WoD will be similar.
    Oh and just having something "new" to do, getting to work out all the little tricks and kinks with my Warrior, how to not be shit, etc etc.

Next to nothing.