Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Total Warhammer, name fits, game confirmed.

Also Empire is easily the best one yet.

Quote Originally Posted by econ21 View Post
    Only fooled two times? I've bought every TW from its inception with Shogun. And every new title, there's been people vehemently protesting how the series has gone down hill. (Not to say they don't have a point, but it's almost like it's part of growing old - you come to outgrow the TW franchise.)
    That's exactly right. Many people now consider Shogun 2 to be the best installment, and there has been such an uproar back when it released - not really comparable to Rome 2, but Rome 2 changed A LOT more in comparison with Shogun 2 than Shogun 2 did in comparison with Empire/Napoleon. People just seem to expect exactly the same game with refreshed graphics, so whenever something changes, even if it's actually a good change, they start whining. To these people I say, go buy a new FIFA, Battlefield, Assassin's Creed or CoD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    So if they announce a launch date are they going to give us a worth buying date too? What do you think, one year, two, after launch?
    Haha we can only hope they dont rush the next one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    That's exactly right. Many people now consider Shogun 2 to be the best installment, and there has been such an uproar back when it released - not really comparable to Rome 2, but Rome 2 changed A LOT more in comparison with Shogun 2 than Shogun 2 did in comparison with Empire/Napoleon. People just seem to expect exactly the same game with refreshed graphics, so whenever something changes, even if it's actually a good change, they start whining. To these people I say, go buy a new FIFA, Battlefield, Assassin's Creed or CoD.
    When you go to the lengths CA did claiming how improved Rome II supposedly was? But then deliver the piece of shit we got? Having a battle AI "special" talking about how improved the AI was. Claiming the AI was, "keeping units in reserve," during a promo battle? There is no way they could not have known the state they were delivering Rome II in, and they did it anyway.

I started buying the TW games with MTW and I am used to them being pretty "issue-y" at first. Empire and Rome II went above and beyond CA's usual level of "issues." Yes they both got better with lots of patches. Did anyone actually expect them to get worse? Rome II was the final straw for me and a not insignificant number of others it seems.

CA's products have been reduced to "bargain bin only" status for me and that is likely where they will stay.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    When you go to the lengths CA did claiming how improved Rome II supposedly was? But then deliver the piece of shit we got? Having a battle AI "special" talking about how improved the AI was. Claiming the AI was, "keeping units in reserve," during a promo battle? There is no way they could not have known the state they were delivering Rome II in, and they did it anyway.

I started buying the TW games with MTW and I am used to them being pretty "issue-y" at first. Empire and Rome II went above and beyond CA's usual level of "issues." Yes they both got better with lots of patches. Did anyone actually expect them to get worse? Rome II was the final straw for me and a not insignificant number of others it seems.

CA's products have been reduced to "bargain bin only" status for me and that is likely where they will stay.
    Im not sure how much sega's part in the unfinished game have but i think it's quite alot, so i dont think we shall give CA all the blame. We can only hope that they have learned their lesson.

Deleted
    The bugs in rome 2 didn't bother me anywhere near as much as how completely unbalanced all the unit stats were

When in the tutorial I charged a squad into another full squad and they instantly fell over I was pretty confused took me a while to realise what they had done wrong. How did that make it through?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobislost View Post
    The bugs in rome 2 didn't bother me anywhere near as much as how completely unbalanced all the unit stats were

When in the tutorial I charged a squad into another full squad and they instantly fell over I was pretty confused took me a while to realise what they had done wrong. How did that make it through?
    You mean in the tutorial where you charge trained soldiers into peasants, yeah those unit stats needed some tuning.

Can't wait for there next game, I didn't mind Rome 2 as much as most other folks did, and i've probably ended up putting more time into it than I have done any other TW game than Fall of the Samurai, and now that the Emperor Edition has dropped, looks like i'll be putting even more time in.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    You mean in the tutorial where you charge trained soldiers into peasants, yeah those unit stats needed some tuning.

Can't wait for there next game, I didn't mind Rome 2 as much as most other folks did, and i've probably ended up putting more time into it than I have done any other TW game than Fall of the Samurai, and now that the Emperor Edition has dropped, looks like i'll be putting even more time in.
    no not peasants two squads of identical infantry (been a while can't remember names) but there was no skirmish between them one group just fell over instantly, I watched the next 5 or 6 patchs amd scanned the changes, the armour values, attack damage and hitpoints went up and down for weeks

bugs I can deal with but that I just found shocking

Deleted
    I was massively disappointed with Rome 2 when it released, it was a disgusting mess that I felt bad for buying, that said, it is mostly fixed now, or at least the issues I had with it are gone, the new emperor edition seems to be a nice update and I have been enjoying my new campaign on there.

If it really is Warhammer, I don't know what I'll do, on the one hand I wouldn't trust creative assembly to open a can of beans without fucking it up, but on the other, I'm a die hard Warhammer fan, I might just have to buy it on release if it is Warhammer

I know CA has a piss poor track record of late, but I can't help but get excited at the possibility of Total Warhammer.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vellerix View Post
    I was massively disappointed with Rome 2 when it released, it was a disgusting mess that I felt bad for buying, that said, it is mostly fixed now, or at least the issues I had with it are gone, the new emperor edition seems to be a nice update and I have been enjoying my new campaign on there.

If it really is Warhammer, I don't know what I'll do, on the one hand I wouldn't trust creative assembly to open a can of beans without fucking it up, but on the other, I'm a die hard Warhammer fan, I might just have to buy it on release if it is Warhammer
    How about waiting for reviews, see if they have any points you would get bothered about, and if not buy on day 2? You would be missing out on...1 day.
    Now reviews don't mean a whole lot often, but I tend to look for the negative ones just to see if there are any points I personally would also get annoyed by. Superpositive reviews are pretty useless most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Daralii View Post
    Total Warhammer.
    Lol is this a thing now, I like it

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Waervyn View Post
    How about waiting for reviews, see if they have any points you would get bothered about, and if not buy on day 2? You would be missing out on...1 day.
    Now reviews don't mean a whole lot often, but I tend to look for the negative ones just to see if there are any points I personally would also get annoyed by. Superpositive reviews are pretty useless most of the time.
    Yeah good point, only thing I'm worried about is any pre order bullshit they might pull, I don't wana have to pay extra after release to play the forces of chaos faction or some other such nonsense. I know I really shouldn't support such shitty tactics but it still means I have to pay more after release to access this stuff. Obviously I'm only guessing as to what they might do, but it wouldn't be the first time a neat faction was locked behind a paywall.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Simulacrum View Post
    Outgrow the TW franchise? Then why aren't we equally bored by the older titles? It's not the franchise, it's the direction it is taking.
    I don't know what older titles you are still playing. Personally, I'd like to go back to the original STW and MTW, but I can't get them to work on modern computers. I really don't understand the CA hate from RTW fans, as that particular title has virtually no strategic AI. Even with the awesome player mods, it can't be fixed: you can just pass turn for decades and nothing much will happen on the campaign map - the AI cannot get it together.

Shogun 2 is an interesting case to discuss. By all accounts, it's a solid title: polished, with a nice tight strategic campaign and decent battles. I played a full campaign once, loved it and not seriously gone back to it yet. CA keeps records of player achievements and my experience is typical: one S2TW campaign and gamers are done with the title. That's why I think the franchise needs to move on.

Originally TWs thing was massive real time battles that were semi-realistic. They are still top dog at that. But to keep people playing, I think they need to embed that stuff in something more compelling. They need more hooks to get that "just one more turn" thing that addictive turn-based games like Civ do so well. (Every time I play Civ, I hanker for TWs tactical battles and every time I play TW, I wish for Civ's challenging strategic layer.)

Maybe Warhammer will give them the freedom to innovate - level up heroes, deal with storm of chaos type random events, start epic quests, have Civ Shaka Zulu type vivid AI personalities. The possibilities are there.

Quote Originally Posted by econ21 View Post
    Maybe Warhammer will give them the freedom to innovate - level up heroes, deal with storm of chaos type random events, start epic quests, have Civ Shaka Zulu type vivid AI personalities. The possibilities are there.
    Yeah i think the team needs something new to work on, Warhammer setting will give them more freedom and could be alot off fun for the whole team.