Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Stalking in Stormwind

I've always wanted to stalk an enemy city with a stealthed character, picking off any lone fools with their PVP tag on. Its such a thrill. I remember the first time I did it which was on my druid at a horde base in Stonetalon mountains (right name?). I'm not the best in PVP, as I'm better suited to less active roles (hence why I'm better at healing).

Sooo... I hope this doesn't sound like a daft idea to you guys. I wanted advice on spec and talents, and anything else such as potions to bring. I would of asked in druid forum too but not sure if this can be done as well?

15+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like fun! Especially with a few stalkers. Can take down loners quite fast and then disappear again into the shadows

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Deleted
    Guards in cities are OP, they now have nets and shit and shoot through walls. You have to kill the guards fast before you can restealth and hope some random doesn't drop from his flier on your ass. It's not as fun as in vanilla to wotlk.

If you want to blame someone blame the idiotic rogues of both factions who were killing the auctioneers. This is the main reason Blizzard decided to stop city ganking, it's one thing ganking random stragglers and a whole other thing to grief a lot of players for a very long time by killing important npcs.

Be prepared for the butt-hurt people you kill to log over and send you nasty whispers. It's pretty funny sometimes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Merope View Post
    Be prepared for the butt-hurt people you kill to log over and send you nasty whispers. It's pretty funny sometimes.
    Never had that happening nor would I ever do it, that's just feeding them the attention they want.

10+ Year Old Account
    Base in helfire penisula is best ganking spot.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

I wouldn't bother ganking cities become the guards keep spawning and they become overwhelming when more players arrive to kill you. Some guards can even see through stealth and using vanish does not drop aggro, they keep chasing you and then they unstealth you. Could always run into stockades in stormwind or ragefire in org, but still. Not very fun imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Merope View Post
    I dont get some people tbh, I am mostly a PvE player and started on a PvP server with friends I would get ganked all the time, corpse camped while doing Sons of Hodir or questing in Hellfire during TBC. I never made a level 1 on the Alliance side and sent nasty whispers.. its part of being on a PvP server if my guild couldnt help me out for w/e reason I would take the durability loss and hearth then make a sandwich. When I decided that this wasnt my playstyle any longer I server transferred and guess what problem solved.
    Ideally no one has ever hit the level cap of the last expansion, looked at their dungeon blues, and thought "I win."

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...all/chuckabear

Quote Originally Posted by Ravasi View Post
    Guards in cities are OP, they now have nets and shit and shoot through walls. You have to kill the guards fast before you can restealth and hope some random doesn't drop from his flier on your ass. It's not as fun as in vanilla to wotlk.

If you want to blame someone blame the idiotic rogues of both factions who were killing the auctioneers. This is the main reason Blizzard decided to stop city ganking, it's one thing ganking random stragglers and a whole other thing to grief a lot of players for a very long time by killing important npcs.
    funny, it was always an idiotic pally and hunter on my realm

10+ Year Old Account
    During Wrath, when I got really, really bored, I would get on my druid and mess around in Undercity. All the auctioneers are in a giant ring around the center, so I would just move from one to the next and kill them all with guards and people chasing me in travel form, then shadowmeld to break aggro, immediately going into stealth. Was fun messing with people and seeing how long I could go before I finally got killed. And then doing it again.
    Look! Words!

I used to do that a lot during Cata. I've never really liked Rogue. Only played it during Cataclysm for a few months but I was actively raiding and PvPing with him. And what I really loved doing was going to Orgrimmar gates and one-shotting the dueling Hordes then instantly use Vanish. They couldn't even realise what happened. A friend of mine was there spectating on his Horde alt and he was laughing with me when the other Horde dueling the now-dead player said "WTF?! What killed you O.o ?"

Ah... I still remember it clearly! And I wasn't just killing one and going away. I kept people there non-stop. They tried what-not to reveal me ( when the guys whom I had killed checked their combat logs and explained the situation ) but to no avail ^^

Back in TBC when I played on a pvp server, I used to sit outside Kara while guilds were getting ready and summoning people. People would often duel while waiting so I would lay in wait on my druid for one person to loose, they would be around 2-5% health and sitting to eat/heal, I would pounce, 1 shot them, then run like hell. I got many a nasty whispers, threats on my life ect ect.

Tips for Stormwind:

Exploit phasing by the Target Dummies. you will drop all guard aggro and leave combat, Netting you a restealth.
    Exploit Stockades. Zone in for a hastily escape!

ITT: neckbeards

OT: The only city PvP I ever enjoyed was taking a team of Horde to IF tram or SW tram, and baiting a huge Zerg of Alli to come fight us. Was fun, and not dickish.
    my rank 1's from years ago don't mean dookie now lmao

Quote Originally Posted by Silverrendy View Post
    And what I really loved doing was going to Orgrimmar gates and one-shotting the dueling Hordes then instantly use Vanish. They couldn't even realise what happened. A friend of mine was there spectating on his Horde alt and he was laughing with me when the other Horde dueling the now-dead player said "WTF?! What killed you O.o ?"
    Try doing it with Nightstalker and Kangs bindstone for them to be even more confused.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Quote Originally Posted by Ziharkk View Post
    ITT: neckbeards
    Welcome to the thread.

Why Stormwind and not the Shrine? There should be quite a few people there, and there's less guards...I don't think there's any guards actually in the bank room and portal room.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightwysh View Post
    Back in TBC when I played on a pvp server, I used to sit outside Kara while guilds were getting ready and summoning people. People would often duel while waiting so I would lay in wait on my druid for one person to loose, they would be around 2-5% health and sitting to eat/heal, I would pounce, 1 shot them, then run like hell. I got many a nasty whispers, threats on my life ect ect.
    Thats nothing....we were guild ganking. I was in kitty form coming close and moonfired the loser. He died. Then i got aggro from 10-24 people and i started to run to the top of kara. It was a pefect hiding spot.
    My friends where waiting inside a building (all stealted) and they attacked the last one in line. (9vs1)
    They they went slowly on top of the tower and ganked them 1 by one. Now the enemy faction was stuck on bridge. They had a option to jump to death or use slowfall/levitate (regents).
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Only played it during Cataclysm for a few months but I was actively raiding and PvPing with him.
    Good old 4.3, everyone and their mother re-rolling rogue. That was hilarious, hopefully Blizzard learned their lesson. On the unfortunate end Rogues won't have it that good again, loot wise.
    One Sweet Dream

I used to do that a lot during Cata. I've never really liked Rogue. Only played it during Cataclysm for a few months but I was actively raiding and PvPing with him. And what I really loved doing was going to Orgrimmar gates and one-shotting the dueling Hordes then instantly use Vanish. They couldn't even realise what happened. A friend of mine was there spectating on his Horde alt and he was laughing with me when the other Horde dueling the now-dead player said "WTF?! What killed you O.o ?"

Ah... I still remember it clearly! And I wasn't just killing one and going away. I kept people there non-stop. They tried what-not to reveal me ( when the guys whom I had killed checked their combat logs and explained the situation ) but to no avail ^^
    Yep,that's typical alliance.don't have the balls to take someone on 1v1. you have to gank someone that's at low health and already in combat,that's pretty shitty. As someon who has played a rogue since vanilla I'm glad you don't play the class,the fact that you have to wait until someone is almost dead before you gank them shows your inability to play the class and pvp!