Deleted

Matching monitor for Asus VG248QE

Hey guys,

So a while back I bought myself a new pc with a new monitor. It's the Asus VG248QE. I'm very happy with the monitor, great screen.

Now I really need a second screen next to it for my side business like spotify, youtube etc. As I go pretty much OCD on these kind of things, I really want the monitor to match. However I don't really wish to spend 320 euros on it.

So anyone knows a matching screen that is adjustable in height? It's a very important factor for the screen to have the oppertunity to be on the same height as my main screen. Otherwise it will annoy the hell out of me.

(it has to be 24inch and black aswell).

Thanks!

15+ Year Old Account
    There are quite a few monitors that fit your requirements. Before deciding you should chose carefully what Panel Type you want, as they have their Pros and Cons.

IPS has got better colors and viewing angle, but is not as fast (but fast enough for everything except really fast ego shooters). This is what i would recommend for most people. But as you already have a 144Hz TN panel, maybe you want both of them to look similar -- even though an IPS panel would have the better image quality.

Some suggestions, which have a similar look than your current monitor (matte black bezels, height adjustable, similar looking stand)

TN-Panel:
    - ASUS VW24ATLR
    - Iiyama ProLite B2481HS-B1
    - Samsung S24C450BL LED

VA-Panel:
    - BenQ BL2410PT

IPS-Panel:
    - Dell UltraSharp U2414H (very good monitor, but sadly has a silver stand)
    - LG 24MB35PM-B (be aware that some cheaper LG IPS monitors have a fairly rough anti-glare coating that can sometimes make the image look a bit grainy)
    - Samsung S24C650PL LED (Panel is listed as PLS, which is Samsung-specific but very similar to IPS)
    Why do something simple, when there is a complicated way?
    Ryzen 7 2700X | BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 | 16GB DDR4-3200 | MSI X470 Gaming Pro | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G | 500GB / 750GB Crucial SSD
    Fractal Define C | LG 32UK550 | Das Model S Professional Silent | CM Storm Xornet

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Biernot View Post
    There are quite a few monitors that fit your requirements. Before deciding you should chose carefully what Panel Type you want, as they have their Pros and Cons.

IPS has got better colors and viewing angle, but is not as fast (but fast enough for everything except really fast ego shooters). This is what i would recommend for most people. But as you already have a 144Hz TN panel, maybe you want both of them to look similar -- even though an IPS panel would have the better image quality.

Some suggestions, which have a similar look than your current monitor (matte black bezels, height adjustable, similar looking stand)

TN-Panel:
    - ASUS VW24ATLR
    - Iiyama ProLite B2481HS-B1
    - Samsung S24C450BL LED

VA-Panel:
    - BenQ BL2410PT

IPS-Panel:
    - Dell UltraSharp U2414H (very good monitor, but sadly has a silver stand)
    - LG 24MB35PM-B (be aware that some cheaper LG IPS monitors have a fairly rough anti-glare coating that can sometimes make the image look a bit grainy)
    - Samsung S24C650PL LED (Panel is listed as PLS, which is Samsung-specific but very similar to IPS)
    Thanks a lot for your reply

Think I'm going for the ASUS VW24ATLR. It's still quite a price for a screen to just have spotify etc on but yea as I already stated I do give a lot about a similiar look. Also choosing for the ASUS TN panel one because I think colour- and brightness wise its the one most closest to my main screen. Correct me if I'm totally wrong though.

Deleted
    Dunno where you are located but the VW24TLR seem to have similar prices to the one you already have, so why not get the same? Are the prices that much different in your country?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kostattoo View Post
    Dunno where you are located but the VW24TLR seem to have similar prices to the one you already have, so why not get the same? Are the prices that much different in your country?
    Living in the Netherlands. It's about a 100 euros difference.

Asus VG248QE
    €290,-
    redcoon . nl/B435644-Asus-VG248QE-3D-144-Hz_Monitoren

Asus VW24ATLR
    €189,96
    redcoon . nl/B531761-Asus-VW24ATLR-LED-TN_Monitoren

Stuff is so expensive here anyways, if I lookup the Asus VG248QE on newegg, it's 216 euros :') Hillarious and sad at the same time.

Deleted
    unfortunately no matter what you do the other screen will be different. Unless you buy 2 same monitors at about the same time, the image displayed on them will differ. You can adjust it to some degree but it will never be perfect.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by larix View Post
    unfortunately no matter what you do the other screen will be different. Unless you buy 2 same monitors at about the same time, the image displayed on them will differ. You can adjust it to some degree but it will never be perfect.
    Well, of course I understand this as they are actually two different screens. But, unfortunatly, I don't have infinite money so I have to chose the one that comes as closest to look the most like my main screen. I think the VW24ATLR is a pretty good choice then ^^