OGAME - Best browser game. Anyone want to start with me?

I need something to do in-between calls at work every day so I'm going back to my beloved Ogame on US servers. US server link

I just started on the servers Quantum and Sirius, and am eagerly awaiting the release of a fresh server. So come start a new alliance with me! My name is Phovos on both of those servers.

I'd like to setup a miner/turtle operation. I've never been much of a fleeter/raider. Perhaps someone could teach me or share some of their custom scripts or add-ons for making fleeting and saving easier?

Sorry if this is the wrong section. I didn't know where to put it.
    Last edited by Phovos; 2014-09-16 at 03:00 PM.

Ohh I remember this game. I played it a lot. I remember quitting after losing 2m deuterium in an attack.

I'm so tempted to play it again.

Oh Ogame, start out slow, and quickly turn into a life consuming monster. While it was thrilling managing multiple fleets, and figuring out peoples patterns to nail their fleets. All while keeping years of your work from being destroyed. My god did it get tiresome lol

How much has it changed over the years? Use to play like....6-8 years ago? (i think anyways, feels like forever. I quit playing a little bit after they made it so you could have joint attack/defense with other players)

Quote Originally Posted by Lagmonster View Post
    Oh Ogame, start out slow, and quickly turn into a life consuming monster. While it was thrilling managing multiple fleets, and figuring out peoples patterns to nail their fleets. All while keeping years of your work from being destroyed. My god did it get tiresome lol

How much has it changed over the years? Use to play like....6-8 years ago? (i think anyways, feels like forever. I quit playing a little bit after they made it so you could have joint attack/defense with other players)
    The interface is completly different from what I remember.

Looks like you can buy resources with irl money.

Quote Originally Posted by Thyranne View Post
    The interface is completly different from what I remember.

Looks like you can buy resources with irl money.
    Well that's....gross and disappointing. Although I guess not surprising, I'm sure add revenue doesn't cover the bills like it use too for a browser game.

They added the inevitable IRL pay scheme but the core game is as good as it ever was. I'm told that using scripts and stuff like that can make a lot of the tedium of old better but I've yet to figure it out. The interface is much better and there is a cool tutorial to teach new players.

I think everyone that plays OGAME has rage quit after a fleet stomp Thyranne! That's the reason I want to build a turtle in these existing universes - get some practice before anew universe comes out and I'll go pirate lord.

- - - Updated - - -

Also I think my universes have debris field for defense so I'll maintain a recycler fleet and build defense in order to get my moons.

I don't think you can outright buy recourses - just boosts like 10% mine production. I don't think I'll be paying any IRL cash.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol I ragequit all the time. I miss the game though thats for sure, but kind of hard to keep up with sometimes.

Deleted
    Well.. OGame has changed a lot over the past years.
    Depending on when you quitted playing there has been a complete overhaul of the game so you can in theory get as many planets as you wish - as long as you have the ressources to research your astrophysics.
    Buying ressources for RL money has unfortunately also been implemented, it doesn't really matter in old universes though. But if you ever want to start from scratch on a new server, you are going to have a bad time (being able to get an actual combat fleet the very first day of a new server is OP as fuck).

Even with the shitty changes I still find the game quite fun. There's a lot to do on the more active servers, and it's always fun to catch those big fleets

Quote Originally Posted by Phovos View Post

I don't think you can outright buy recourses - just boosts like 10% mine production. I don't think I'll be paying any IRL cash.
    Well that's slightly better, not as bad as how I imagined someone throwing money at the screen to build the largest fleet lol

They added the inevitable IRL pay scheme but the core game is as good as it ever was. I'm told that using scripts and stuff like that can make a lot of the tedium of old better but I've yet to figure it out. The interface is much better and there is a cool tutorial to teach new players.

I think everyone that plays OGAME has rage quit after a fleet stomp Thyranne! That's the reason I want to build a turtle in these existing universes - get some practice before anew universe comes out and I'll go pirate lord.

- - - Updated - - -

Also I think my universes have debris field for defense so I'll maintain a recycler fleet and build defense in order to get my moons.

It says you can refil your storages, 10%, 50% and 100% of your capacity.

Btw I created an account on Sirius and sent you a request.

I always try this game out once-twice a year and I always quit after a short time. First I get impatient with resource gathering and building, and the I just get destroyed by someone. Meh

Quote Originally Posted by lokithor View Post
    Lol I ragequit all the time. I miss the game though thats for sure, but kind of hard to keep up with sometimes.
    Yeah, nothing like that feeling when everyone wanted to go do something. And I have to decline because my fleet hadn't gotten back yet from an attack, and I needed to fleet save (or be destroyed by the time I got back from said outing. Although I'm sure its much easier with smartphones being everywhere nowadays)
    Last edited by Lagmonster; 2014-09-16 at 03:31 PM.

Looks like a sci-fi version of Evony. I'll stay away from it's evil, time-usurping claws!
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

Quote Originally Posted by Lagmonster View Post
    Yeah, nothing like that feeling when everyone wanted to go do something. And I have to decline because my fleet hadn't gotten back yet from an attack, and I needed to fleet save (or be destroyed by the time I got back from said outing)
    My plan was: put all my deuterium in my fleet, set the speed to 10% and move between my planets. One day I was not able to do it...one day....

10+ Year Old Account
    Well if I'm not mistaken, they have auto fleet saves now, but you can still get hit if they time their fleets right. I don't quite remember how it works.

Anywho Phovos, I sent you a buddy request.

Yea it should be nice to have it on a smartphone now. It will be less of a hassle to "Oh god the time! Brb gotta save my ships, yo!"

Then again maybe I was just a peasant back in the day and everyone else was playing it on blackberry xD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lokithor View Post
    Well if I'm not mistaken, they have auto fleet saves now, but you can still get hit if they time their fleets right. I don't quite remember how it works.

Anywho Phovos, I sent you a buddy request.
    IIRC the automatic fleetsaving works only until you have 500k points or something like that. After that you can keep the functionality only by having the commander assistant thing from the cash shop.

I still play it on EU servers, but being a fleeter is too time consuming, so I just play 5-10 minutes a day as a turtle in a remote galaxy with way too much defenses, so it's not profitable for anyone to attack me.

Yea it should be nice to have it on a smartphone now. It will be less of a hassle to "Oh god the time! Brb gotta save my ships, yo!"

Then again maybe I was just a peasant back in the day and everyone else was playing it on blackberry xD
    I certainly wasn't (hell when I was playing I still had dial-up internet LOL, and god does that bring up some painful yet joyful memories)