Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    just whatever you do, stay polite and composed with what you write them/what you post. dont give them anything to work with.
    good luck on working this out, i cant help more than this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinyc View Post
    Maybe don't ask for epic rewards from not raiding? This isn't LK dungeon heroics time anymore..
    Why not asking? Doesnt harm anyone....
    Garrisons wil give epics with no effort, fishing is actually hard work on patience side..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravasi View Post
    I was once banned on a computer parts forum. The thing is that it wasn't an "Uh...oh, you have been banned" message and then being unable to post. It was a ban that made my forum posts visible only to me. If I logged out and checked my posts, they weren't there, no one saw my comments except me and only when I was logged in ofcourse.

You could post for days before realizing nothing you posted can be seen by anyone else than you.
    it's called gagged.

I used to be an AOL Guide back in the days, and that's what we did with chat violators.. No one in the chat room was able to read them anymore, except for themselves and us the Guides.... Was quite funny to watch the rage starting to boil ever higher, since of course no one reacted to them, no matter what they said.
    Nothing pisses a jerk more off than getting ignored lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maniac2 View Post
    Garrisons wil give epics with no effort, fishing is actually hard work on patience side..
    Garrison is effort.. Every minute time investment is effort..
    it's not up to you to decide what's more valuable what someone does during the time they invest....
    Asides.... You get epics from leveling quests alone.... Every quest that has a gear reward gives you a green quality item by default.. But every time you turn such quest in a roll happens in the background that determines whether you get a green, a blue or an epic quality version of it.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    it's called gagged.
    I've also heard it referred to as shadowbanned.

It's that new reddit like downvote system. You get enough of those and they don't care, they'll delete it.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Too many blizzard sympathizers in this thread.

Over the past year, blizzard has realized what a terrible expansion WoD is, and how badly they are looking while taking so long to release a steaming pile of cow feces. but in order to save face, they are removing any negative feedback about the game and the upcoming xpac in order to keep stock price up.

I'm happy to give the OP the benefit of the doubt. I've seen a handful of eloquent posters silenced on the official forum simply because they were critical about certain changes to the game. They remained constructive and well within the confines of the terms of service but as they delivered some pretty heavy evidence against such changes their posts mysteriously vanished.

I don't expect anybody to believe me as the only proof I have is word of mouth but I've been told by two separate MVP's that Blizzard's moderators have the ability to down vote a post or thread in such a way as to hide it entirely.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rankin View Post
    I've also heard it referred to as shadowbanned.
    Kinda related to "gag order" = you aren't allowed to talk (about something) anymore..
    Shadowbanned works too you will. But that gagging / gag order reference appears to be the logic name. Been some 18 yrs ago already when I was a Guide.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shawtayie View Post

Over the past year, blizzard has realized what a terrible expansion WoD is, and how badly they are looking while taking so long to release a steaming pile of cow feces. but in order to save face, they are removing any negative feedback about the game and the upcoming xpac in order to keep stock price up.
    I call total bullshit on that...
    The critical threads do very well exist over there..
    There's a difference between being critical and everyone feeling to have to have their very own thread because of snowflake syndrome.
    They also delete positive dupes, not just negative dupes.
    Positive dupes just usually don't violate the forum rules beyond being a dupe. Criticism however also more than often include outright insults and accusations.
    Constructive criticism is what they are actually very eager for.

Quote Originally Posted by Maniac2 View Post
    Wait, so you mean I WON'T have to play the garrison minigame, recruit and level my followers, pick the correct followers for the missions to be successful, gather resources, get the achievements needed to put in higher level buildings, etc? I can just log in and collect my free epics without putting in the time and effort of playing the minigame? Everyone will get these epics, even if they ignore their garrisons?

Good to know that it only counts as 'effort' if it's done in a raid or arena.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Howl420 View Post
    I am, in fact, giving the full story. I realize a lot of people complain when they make legitimate violations, but I posted the following:

"I like to fish, do archaeology, quest, and solo in WoW. I would like it if the developers considered adding epic gear rewards at the end of various paths, and not just as a raid reward."

Deleted within minutes.
    I can see this thread getting trolled or derailed hard as it is a terrible idea. Maybe they thought you were flame baiting. Gear is already easy to get and it doesn't need to be made this ridiculously easy.
    I made a topic on the CS forum discussing how all my benign posts were getting deleted. That topic, itself, was deleted.
    Totally against forum rules to talk about them deleting a thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Howl420 View Post
    I am, in fact, giving the full story. I realize a lot of people complain when they make legitimate violations, but I posted the following:

"I like to fish, do archaeology, quest, and solo in WoW. I would like it if the developers considered adding epic gear rewards at the end of various paths, and not just as a raid reward."

Deleted within minutes.

I made a topic on the CS forum discussing how all my benign posts were getting deleted. That topic, itself, was deleted.

I haven't violated a single forum guideline or made any attempt to bypass the rules or be cute. I just want to post my thoughts on WoW, and my posts are being deleted.

- - - Updated - - -

If you don't believe me, I'll make any post you want, and you can watch it disappear. They're watching me specifically. I don't care how it sounds, it's happening to me, and I want it to stop.

I don't know why it's happening or what's going on, but it has been going on for a while.

Well considering there are numerous other posts asking for those same things you probably got deleted for making a duplicate post and it's so wide open it could be considered trolling too

The forums are practically useless. Once in a blue moon (no pun intended) they are used for actual constructive feedback with Blizzard.

I suggest if you want to have a dialogue with the devs create a twitter account, find the person with the closest role relevant and send a concise, polite question. I have had suprising ammount of feedback using this method, and since I am EU its very refreshing to actually know a dev has seen my question.

Well considering 9 out of 10 posts on the Blizz forums is somebody bitching about something people at Blizz must not know how to read either. And being in the Beta has been a blast I'm enjoying WoD already

Deleted
    ANOTHER poster who is paranoid about Blizzard holding some special grudge against him while he posts ANOTHER thread about how fishing and archaeology should be rewarding non raiding people with epic items.

These threads have been going on ever since fishing became popular so my guess here is Blizzard is trying to clean their forums of the same old threads with the same emtpy content that doesn't get anywhere. It's a 10 year old game- if they had any real plan giving out epics through fishing and other secondary proffesions they would already do so.

Considering how many no-flying threads exist, and continue to be made, I'm going to laugh at this tinfoil theory.

Deleted
    I've heard about this happening to people and the one thing in common is prior bans. Have you previously been banned or otherwise restricted from posting on the forums? Aparently the authentication process can mess up as the automatic deletion system will continue to remove your posts even after the ban has been lifted. Contacting the forum moderation SHOULD fix this from what I can tell.

Hope that helps!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wacomman View Post
    ANOTHER poster who is paranoid about Blizzard holding some special grudge against him while he posts ANOTHER thread about how fishing and archaeology should be rewarding non raiding people with epic items.

These threads have been going on ever since fishing became popular so my guess here is Blizzard is trying to clean their forums of the same old threads with the same emtpy content that doesn't get anywhere. It's a 10 year old game- if they had any real plan giving out epics through fishing and other secondary proffesions they would already do so.
    They already did give out such rewards.. So he was pointless from the start.
    Plus with the increase of epics being rewarded from leveling quests, there really isn't any shortage on epic quality items whatsoever, when it comes to gear.

It's also worth noting that the suggestions and off-topic sub-forums were removed completely despite being very active and popular. Yet the sub-forums that don't get much traffic remain.

10+ Year Old Account
    There can be various reasons....

• ...your content (Not following guidelines, rules or common sense).
    • ...topic already excist.
    • ...your replies.
    • ...other peoples replies.

And no, a moderator isn't permitted to act on personal grudge towards one person on the forum.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Op, just the fact that you're determined enough to make a thread here, and email them AND/or call them demanding a response on why you can't post on an internet forum, is enough to tell me that something isn't right about what you're saying and you probably deserve it.

Something's up when someone would care that much to go to those extremes.

Threads like these are pointless because all anyone can do is speculate the OP's motive and intent.
    Last edited by ablib; 2014-09-16 at 05:17 PM.