Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I think it's pretty typical for them to have reduced XP requirements in beta right? That way people can push through and see more of the content. I have to imagine there is significant dropout between level 90 and 100 since it's beta and all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Anarch the Subduer View Post
    It's why the 3 week delay for the first raid to open should be a concern in my eyes. When the reasonably dedicated players are all going to hit L100 on the first day, what are they going to do for the next 3 weeks to come? Level alts? Keep in mind that 3 weeks is a looooong time in a video game.

And do not misunderstand me. I actually like that leveling goes so fast, it makes it all feel more enjoyable, relaxed and endurable, and heavens know that people are tired of leveling by now. But the 3 week delay is just too long.
    Seems like 3 weeks will fly by though. Not all of us are going to be playing at midnight rushing to 100. I don't expect to be 100 for about a week after launch; that gives me 2 weeks to gear up, which I'm fine with.

Quote Originally Posted by Varabently View Post
    I think it's pretty typical for them to have reduced XP requirements in beta right? That way people can push through and see more of the content. I have to imagine there is significant dropout between level 90 and 100 since it's beta and all.
    They've already increased the exp requirement on beta, and regardless of that their intention always seems to be that the new levelling content takes the same amount of time to ding max level as the previous, whether that be 5 or 10 levels. If anything they seem to err on the shorter side.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    While it may take 10-15 hours in beta, i refuse to believe it will be that way live. That would be pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by vrsick View Post
    While it may take 10-15 hours in beta, i refuse to believe it will be that way live. That would be pathetic.
    You mean like MoP and Cata? And how wrath was 15-20?
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    You mean like MoP and Cata? And how wrath was 15-20?
    Hell, the first people were dinging 90 when I was still trying to get the tag on the damn ship in Jade Forest... Fs did 85-90 in ~4 hours or so.

Quote Originally Posted by robodin View Post
    Hell, the first people were dinging 90 when I was still trying to get the tag on the damn ship in Jade Forest... Fs did 85-90 in ~4 hours or so.
    It's hard to factor in unintended levelling methods - I tend to only consider the intended routes (and indeed only play them although I try to level fast at least in the past)

Deleted
    I don't know if rushing to 100 is worth it because I don't see that much content at the level cap at the moment.

So 3 weeks of grinding mobs? Great?
    No, three weeks of gearing up for raids when they come out.

So 3 weeks of grinding mobs? Great?
    That's not all there is, but yeah, that's the idea. No, I don't think that's great, I've been saying for some time now that WoD's endgame content - as seen on beta / judged from their words - is lacking. It's a small expansion, despite the amount of time it takes them to get it out the door.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sanctusar View Post
    No, three weeks of gearing up for raids when they come out.
    Gearing up for raids is like doing 10 heroics. That's 3 evenings playing very slowly.

I don't know about others, but I am going to spend these three weeks bringing up alts for the PVP season. If it wasn't for that, I guess I'd be doing achievements. How sad can it get - doing achievements on the second week of the expansion? There's just very little to do.

In MoP, there were reps with rewards. Yes, there was gating of reps, that was bad, but apart from the gating, it was good. It was meaningful. And there were farm, pet battles, scenarios, etc, etc - we have garrisons instead of all that now.
    Last edited by rda; 2014-09-17 at 03:08 PM.

It probably takes 10-15 hours in a Beta environment. But my experiences playing Day 1 of new content is there are hordes of people everywhere and you are competing like mad for quest kills, etc. Then again I play high pop server. Maybe it will not be so bad for you. Imagine that the content won't be long as much as it will be finding the quest requirements.

I love to grind the questing out in one sitting. Yes, there usually is a ridiculous amount of people in the starting zones. But once you get past that and all the casuals go to bed, it starts to become a lot easier and you'll find yourself as maybe one of two people in an entire zone. All the mobs for you.

Ditch WoW for the first semester, and once you start second semester see if your prepared enough for college to where you can do both.

Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox2042 View Post
    Not very long. The quests are mind numblingy easy and there aren't very many quest lines per zone. Each zone gives approximately two levels worth of experience.
    As opposed to all other quests in the game which are mind blowingly difficult? The only quests that are even remotely annoying now are the ones that require you to travel kind of far, and the ones that aren't 100% drop.

I hope it's 10-15 hours. Lord knows i do it in one sitting. Sleep then grind full pvp gear as fast as I can. If it's anything longer than 15 hours I'll probs just die.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxJr View Post
    The shorter the better tbh.

MoP 80-85 was a torture at launch, 3-4 hours a lvl and 6 for the last one. Imo lvling should never take more than 2 hours per lvl except maybe the last one, and it should be 3-4 hours max.

For the length of time that an expansion is around, and considering the effort that is put into zones, etc, leveling should take about a week of /played for a fairly aggressive player (and that's being extremely lenient).

At this point, they might as well not even bother putting leveling content in.

10-15 Hours depending on your playstyle.

Quote Originally Posted by Ticj View Post
    Ditch WoW for the first semester, and once you start second semester see if your prepared enough for college to where you can do both.
    Pretty much. I'll be playing it about a month after launch since I have a really heavily load this semester. I'll be botting herb/mining on an alt account the whole month to make some bank and prepare though. That kind of thing doesn't suck me into the game.

I'm going to say that leveling on the Beta isn't final.

I'm certain that Experience is throttled and set below of what is expected when it goes live. But, that's just my thought.

But the other side of it, is that the zones-to-leveling is pretty balanced. (Combination of the pre-launch event EXP and Tanaan Jungle Introduction alone gets me nearly to 91. Don't even touch Shadowmoon Valley yet.)
    Simmons: There's no "I" in "team".
    Griff: There's no "U" in "team" either. so if "U" and "I" aren't in the team, who gives a f_ _ k about the team?
    "Gotta' trust some one to be betrayed. I never did." - Captain Price
    Bungie Has My Studio Of The Decade Vote. "Hours Played" is greater than "Money Made".

Quote Originally Posted by AdaptValkyrie View Post
    I love to grind the questing out in one sitting. Yes, there usually is a ridiculous amount of people in the starting zones. But once you get past that and all the casuals go to bed, it starts to become a lot easier and you'll find yourself as maybe one of two people in an entire zone. All the mobs for you.
    Hmm. Definitely just my server then. I am Horde Zul'jin US and there are even people on freaking Isles of Thunder yet on my server until at least 1-2am server lol.

But then on my old server there were 37 people in Orgrimmar at 5pm on Tuesday or Friday!

Quote Originally Posted by Balazzar View Post
    Hmm. Definitely just my server then. I am Horde Zul'jin US and there are even people on freaking Isles of Thunder yet on my server until at least 1-2am server lol.

But then on my old server there were 37 people in Orgrimmar at 5pm on Tuesday or Friday!
    Prior to the merging, there where a constant 6-20 people online from 3-9PM on the Scilla US server... T_T
    Simmons: There's no "I" in "team".
    Griff: There's no "U" in "team" either. so if "U" and "I" aren't in the team, who gives a f_ _ k about the team?
    "Gotta' trust some one to be betrayed. I never did." - Captain Price
    Bungie Has My Studio Of The Decade Vote. "Hours Played" is greater than "Money Made".