[FAQ] Working Out For Amateurs.

Hey everyone.
    I noticed that some people are asking the same questions frequently, so I decided to do a FAQ. This FAQ is made for people who want to start working out or they're already working out and wanted to ask about somethings. I recommend reading also other sources of informations to get enough knowledge how to train properly, these are just tips and advices for novices.

1. Are there any types of trainings?
    Yes, there are 3 types of basic trainings:
    -for mass,
    -for strenght,
    -for sculpture(you're carving your muscles, I'll write something more about it in the next questions)

2. How many times a week should I working out?
    Optimal is 3-4 a week.

3. How many times should I work out a part of a muscle a week?
    Once a week if you're going for mass/strength. Two times a week if you're going for sculpture.
    (remember - MORE doesn't mean BETTER!)

4. What's the difference between mass, strength and sculpture training?
    If you're training for strength, you're just getting more strength. Pretty simple, huh? Do not confuse it with mass training, you're not getting as many muscles as if you're were only training for muscle gains. You're training also your nervous system, your nerves are adapting to invigorate more muscles, which is causing to lift bigger weight.
    If you're training for mass you're getting muscles and fat. Yes, fat, because it's impossible to build ONLY muscles.
    If you're training to sculpture you're just lowering the body fat but you still are making your muscles work.
    (for a really nice body you should go to train mass and then sculpture, as I said, it's impossible to get the "male model body" if you're skinny and want to do only one type of training, you have to get a little fat(and muscles) first)

5. How long should I train a day?
    Training should be short and solid. Do not waste time doing "selfies" or talking with other, because it's only making you time between series longer. Training should last about 1,5h (1h is enough for people who are starting).

4. Which time of a day is best for working out?
    The best time for training is between 12-17(it's not bad if you're working earlier or later, it really depends of your day/night cycle, though 12-17 is the best because your body is most ready for it)

5. If I'm going to train 2 times a day will I have better results?
    No! It's senseless and it's a waste of time. You should do one solid and comprehensive training in the training days.
    (remember - MORE doesn't mean BETTER!)

6. How fast should I do lifts.
    You shouldn't lift too fast or too slow. The most optimal is when your muscle is shrinking 1 sec and loosening 2 sec.
    For example, you're lying on a bench and you want to do bench presses. You're lifting in a 1 sec, and then you're moving down your barbell in 2 sec.

7. Should I do warm up?
    Absolutely yes! Warm up is for preparing your body for an exercise and is minimizing your risk of contusion. Warm up usually should last 10-15 min. You can: do warm ups like in school, try to warm up almost every muscle and try to focus on the muscles you're going to train this day or just do "pre-training series" - you can just do one series of your usually training session for the muscles you're going to train but with lighter weights.

8. How many series and repeats should I do?
    Amount of series and repeats are different for types of training. Usually this FAQ will be read by people who are not professionals so I'd say the best is:
    Big parties (chest, back, shoulders(they're medium actually), thighs) - 9-11 series
    Small parties (biceps, triceps, calf, upper arms, traps) - 5-7 series

As I said, the amount of repeats depends of the type of the training, so:
    Training for mass - 7-10 repeats
    Training for strength - 1-7 repeats
    Training for sculpture - 10 - 15 repeats

9. How long should I wait before each series?
    It also depends of a type of a training:
    Training for mass - 2 minutes
    Training for strength - 3 to even 7 minutes
    Training for sculpture - 60-70 seconds

10. How many times should I change my training program?
    Optimal is after 2-4 months. You don't want to make your muscles to get used to one type of training, because they wouldn't be developed in a proper way.

11. Which muscles parts shouldn't I combine in a one day of a training.
    It really depends of you which part you want to build with another part. But do not build opposite muscles(triceps-biceps, back-chest etc.) the same day, and also do not build 2 big parties the same day(your body need to cool off!). The best options is to work out big and small part in a one day of training.

12. What's the difference between complex exercise and isolated exercise?
    Complex exercise is a type of an exercise where you're working more than one part of muscles(for example, when you're pulling up you're working your latissimus dorsi muscle and biceps(not as much as the first one, but still)). Isolated exercise is a type of an exercise where you're working one part of a muscles(for example when you're doing incline flyes).

13. What's the difference between exercising with a barbell and dumbbells?
    It's almost the same. The only difference between them is that with dumbbells you have more leeway. Training with dumbbells are the best for people who have one muscle bigger than another.

14. Whats the best? Machines(AB Crunch Machine, Butterfly, Bicycling) or Free Weights(dumbbells, barbell)?
    The best is to connect these two things in a whole training. Machines are really good for people who are starting, because in most of them you're going to do isolated exercises(amateurs have sometimes bad habits when they're training and their technique of lifting is bad, which can cause many contusions or asymmetrical muscles. Also the decision which thing is better also depends of the type of the training. If you are going for mass/strength then you should focus more on Free Weights, if you're going for sculpture then machines are usually better option.

15. What's the difference between standard barbell and curl bar(called EZ-bar sometimes).
    Well, sometimes it's impossible to do some exercises with curl bar. But that bar is great when someone is training biceps or triceps, because with it you're not damaging as much your wrists.

16. Which exercises can cause contusions?
    Every exercise can cause contusion if you're not doing it properly! But the ones which are hardest are: squats with barbells, dead lifting, lifting barbell behind your head and rowing barbell.

17. It's that true when you're starting training when you're young you're not going to be tall?
    No, that's a false. The strength training even is helping making you taller! But when you're not fully mature you should try to avoid exercises which could damage your spine(dead lifting, doing squats with barbell etc.).

18. What's the minimum of equipment if I want to train at home?
    Bench, barbell, dumbbells and of course weights. That's minimum. If you have enough space you can get a rod/stick for pulling up.
    (that's was my equipment and I really get a big mass of muscles in a short time, I was training only in my home, without any special machines)

19. Should I do regenerating cycles?
    Yes, they're very good for your body if you're training for a long time, you over trained yourself, or you're coming back from a pause.
    (Regenerating cycles are normal training but with lighter weights, they last usually for 2-4 weeks, you should always have enough power to do one more lift after every exercise(but you shouldn't do them!), try not to over train your muscles)

20. My muscles are sore, it's good?
    Usually yes. Your Muscle fibers are damaged, but do not worry! They'll repair itself and be stronger(if you're getting enough protein/carbohydrates/fat!).

21. I'm sick, should I train?
    No, you shouldn't. Your organism is fighting with it and need time to recover instead of getting twice as much work.

22. Should I train legs?
    You have to! Instead you'll have not proportional body and it'll look funny, also whole body must be worked out for the best results(yes, most muscles have to work if you want to have better metabolism).

23. My muscles are not developing symmetrical?
    It's no reason to panic, it's actually happening very often. You shouldn't train just one part of a body(like some people are doing when their muscles are asymmetrical), you just have to change barbell exercises to dumbbells.

24. How to get bigger biceps?
    You should focus on the exercises like: hammer biceps curl, lifting on Larry Scott bench.

25. How to increase the weight I'm trying to lift in bench press?
    You should try to do strength training. The optimal exercises are: bench presses, slanted bench presses and incline flyes. They're also good if you're doing chest workout.

26. I want to lower my fat, what should I do? Aerobic training?
    At first you should change your training to sculpture training. Then you have to do aerobic training, but most important thing is that you should change your DIET! The most optimal is doing 30 min of aerobic training 3-4 times a week. Marching, running, cycling.

27. Does aerobic training have to do something with Mass Training?
    Of course it does! If you're trying to get more mass you shouldn't do aerobic training very often, 2 times a week is optimal.

28. How to fight with stagnation?
    It's a thing that really happens very rarely for novices. But if you have it then you should change your training(see the question number 10), you can also change your diet because it's sometimes the reason for stagnation(your muscles could no longer develop because of bad diet).

29. How can I see that my body is over trained?
    If you're over trained then your symptoms are exhausted(more than usual), you don't have enough motivation, your weight is getting less, your muscles are sore for a longer time. It's happening usually when someone is working out too often, too much or are doing the same exercises all the time. If you are over trained then you should rest for 1-2 weeks and then start with regenerating cycle.

30. What should I do after a bigger pause from working out?
    You should start with regenerating cycle for 1-2 months(your muscles are no longer used to lifting heavy weight as before!).

31. Should I use the belt for lifting?
    It's really depends of you, if you're doing exercises when you can damage your spine then yes. But usually people who are starting should avoid these exercises.

32. What's the difference between training for strength, mass and sculpture?
    (more developed answer)

Training for mass:
    - every part of muscle exercised once a week
    - before every training 1-2 series of warm up with lighter weights,
    - amount of series for bigger parts of muscles 12-16 (novices 9-10)
    - amount of series for smaller parts of muscles 9-12 (novices 6-7)
    - amount of repeats in series 6-10
    - time between every series - 2 minutes

Training for strength:
    - every part of muscle exercised once a week
    - training with free weights,
    - time between every series - 3-7 minutes
    - amount of series for bigger parts of muscles 8-12 (novices 7-9)
    - amount of series for smaller parts of muscles 6-8 (novices 4-5)
    - amount of repeats in series 1(yes, sometimes it's even one!)-8

Training for sculpture:
    - every part of muscle exercised twice a week
    - time between every series - 60-70 seconds
    - it has to be very exhausting!
    - amount of series for bigger parts of muscles 10-12 (novices 7-9)
    - amount of series for smaller parts of muscles 7-10 (novices 6)
    - amount of repeats in series 10-12, even 15 sometimes

33. How long do muscle need to regenerate?
    It depends of a training but usually:

- chest 2-7 days
    - back 2-7 days
    - biceps and triceps 2-5 days
    - upper arms 2-4 days
    - traps 2-4 days
    - stomach 2-4 days
    - thighs 3-7 days
    - calf 2-4 days

34. I want to have nice "abs", what should I do?
    You shouldn't focus only on a stomach but on a whole body. But if you want your stomach muscles to be visible then you should try to lower your fat. Everyone has "muscular ABS", but it's not visible under a layer of fat. Only after lowering your body fat % you(and other girls) will see it!

35. I was doing Weider 6/many exercise series from a not-professional-in-working-out magazines(MensHealth etc.) for men, are they good?
    Weider 6 is destroying your spine! You shouldn't do it, there are many better exercises for your stomach("ABS").
    Most of exercises in the "magazines for men" are not good for anyone(you shouldn't trust them, especially when someone wrote that you should to do their exercises every day), they're maybe good for first 2-3 weeks, then they're getting more useless and useless.

36. It's diet really so important?
    Yes! It's probably the most important thing! (you can Google many KCAL calculators) Without enough food you're going to be more exhausted and your body is going to be more damaged(your muscle fibers won't recover so fast after training). Also you need to have especially amount of fat/protein/carbohydrates, otherwise you can get fat afte sculpture training or getting more skinner after mass training! (well, these are extreme situations and you don't have to eat exactly amounts of every portion in grams, but you should focus on your diet more than usually)

My English is not the best, I tried to write it as good as I can, forgive me my failures. I hope you enjoy it and that this FAQ will help you.
    Good luck and remember: No Pain - No Gain!

Thanks to:
    -http://www.sfd.pl/
    -http://www.kfd.pl/
    -http://www.muscleinfo.pl/
    -http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/313267-overview

And especially thanks to:
    -Arnold Schwarzenegger, Larry Scott, Sergio Oliva and other professional sportsmen(for many useful interviews),
    -Tadeusz Sowiński(dietetic for polish Olympic crew),
    -Kamil Akielaszek(veteran of many forums about sports, connected with bodybuilding for many, many years),
    -Karol Zdanowicz(certified personal trainer, participant of seminar Kettlebell method Hard Style Pavla Tsatsouline),
    -Łukasz Domeracki(mgr. engineer in diet),
    -and many, many other bodybuilders, amateurs and dietetics,
    Last edited by Eazy; 2014-09-16 at 08:09 PM.

Mmmmmm this is good information. Probably could have been a few more questions on losing weight related activities.

Deleted
    Wow, to think you put so much time into writing something so useless and wrong is just.. wow. Sorry but you are in no way qualified to post a FAQ, and nobody should take advice from this post.

I'll adress some of your major wrongs, hopefully you can learn something then

Answers to:

1 - Seriously, sculpture? No. You cannot sculpture muscles, they can grow, or decrease, in size. You can in no way alter the physique of your muscles, this is genetically determined. Bringing definition to muscles is a combination of increase in muscle size and lowering body fat. Besides, there is no such black and white as you bring up strength and mass. They are each a function of one and another, an increase in strength is in many cases a benefit of increase in muscle size, and vice versa. That is not to say that you cannot specialize in one specific attribute of those two, however it is just not that black and white.

2 - What do you base optimal on? You cannot recommend a optimal training frequency without a lot of other factors. Though scientific research suggest that the most important factor in hypertrophy (increase of muscle mass), is a function of volume, not daily volume, but volume over time. This can be archived in lots of ways. What is most optimal is how you can get most volume over time, through what fit your scheldude. Training 3 times a week can be as good as 6 times as week. It is not possible to say one is better than other.

3 - So wrong, as mentioned above. The threshold for stimulating muscle protein synthesis is quite low on a daily basis, meaning training a muscle group once a week is not beneficial. Børge Fagerli, amongst others, have done studies that show an increase in frequency with equated volume is very much better than low frequency training as you suggest. Muscle protein synthesis is only stimulated about 48 hours in novice atheletes, while in trained athletes its only stimulated a merely 16-24 hours which means that a muscle benefits from being hit daily or every second day.

Doing a single 4 sets of 8 reps every day for a given muscle group have through studies shown to increase strength and mass by over 50% compared to doing 8 sets of 8 reps every second day, training once a week would be even worse. Of course such high frequency is something once should slowly ease into, but fact is frequency and volume is much better.

4 - This is so wrong.. As mentioned in number 1. Strength and mass is in many cases a function of one another. While you can increase strength by adapting your central nervous system and better recruitment of motor units, you will inevitable increase mass as well. In the end it is pure physics. The cross sectional area of your muscles determine the maximal force they can output.

5 - Training should take as long as it takes, given you have a proper program to follow and do not waste time. Some can make do with 45 minutes, as you get more experienced it will take longer. Layne Norton for example sometimes spend 3 hours in a row.

6 - There is no need to worry about best time as there is none other than when you feel the most ready. If we look at the circadian rhythm it might suggest that training late evening is best as our body temperature is highest, which can increase performance and lessen the chance of injuries. However if we look at our testosterone levels training early morning would be best. However no study has shown any of this to be significant, so train when you want.

7 - Wrong. AM/PM training is very effective if programmed correctly.

8 - There is no optimal, it depends on goals. As long as one keep proper form, one should aim to do as many reps as possible which means dont go too slow

9 - Warmup? Yes please of course this is a no brainer

I wont really go into more points now, as the trend continues. But please, training is never so black and white as you make it and this FAQ is useless.

Quote Originally Posted by Labze View Post
    Wow, to think you put so much time into writing something so useless and wrong is just.. wow. Sorry but you are in no way qualified to post a FAQ, and nobody should take advice from this post.
    This is a basic FAQ for amateurs. I'm pretty sure you're qualified for saying that I'm not qualified.

1 - Seriously, sculpture? No. You cannot sculpture muscles, they can grow, or decrease, in size. You can in no way alter the physique of your muscles, this is genetically determined. Bringing definition to muscles is a combination of increase in muscle size and lowering body fat. Besides, there is no such black and white as you bring up strength and mass. They are each a function of one and another, an increase in strength is in many cases a benefit of increase in muscle size, and vice versa. That is not to say that you cannot specialize in one specific attribute of those two, however it is just not that black and white.
    As I said I don't have enough knowledge how to say it. In polish it's mean "sculpturing", it's overall just lovering your body fat. You're wrong because for example there are 2 parts of biceps(bi-ceps, duuh?) and you can train every part of it more precise, so it's something like sculpturing.

2 - What do you base optimal on? You cannot recommend a optimal training frequency without a lot of other factors. Though scientific research suggest that the most important factor in hypertrophy (increase of muscle mass), is a function of volume, not daily volume, but volume over time. This can be archived in lots of ways. What is most optimal is how you can get most volume over time, through what fit your scheldude. Training 3 times a week can be as good as 6 times as week. It is not possible to say one is better than other.
    ou body need to cool off after a big training. Anyway, it's FAQ for amateurs, not professional. Why are you even writing anything about it if you do not read whole post? I said that it's possible to train 6 times a week if you're more experienced. Most people I know who were starting to work out were training 3 days a week and they're fine(including myself).

3 - So wrong, as mentioned above. The threshold for stimulating muscle protein synthesis is quite low on a daily basis, meaning training a muscle group once a week is not beneficial. Børge Fagerli, amongst others, have done studies that show an increase in frequency with equated volume is very much better than low frequency training as you suggest. Muscle protein synthesis is only stimulated about 48 hours in novice atheletes, while in trained athletes its only stimulated a merely 16-24 hours which means that a muscle benefits from being hit daily or every second day.

Doing a single 4 sets of 8 reps every day for a given muscle group have through studies shown to increase strength and mass by over 50% compared to doing 8 sets of 8 reps every second day, training once a week would be even worse. Of course such high frequency is something once should slowly ease into, but fact is frequency and volume is much better.
    Do you know what is delayed onset muscles soreness(aka DOMS), probably not.

4 - This is so wrong.. As mentioned in number 1. Strength and mass is in many cases a function of one another. While you can increase strength by adapting your central nervous system and better recruitment of motor units, you will inevitable increase mass as well. In the end it is pure physics. The cross sectional area of your muscles determine the maximal force they can output.
    I didn't say that it's only PURE strength or PURE muscle mass training. You can get both, but there are types of training that you're focused most on one things.

5 - Training should take as long as it takes, given you have a proper program to follow and do not waste time. Some can make do with 45 minutes, as you get more experienced it will take longer. Layne Norton for example sometimes spend 3 hours in a row.
    That's FAQ for novices. Franco Columbu was training 2 hours a day, four times a week and won Mr Olympia in 1976, how many times Layne Norton won it? Oh sorry... Zero.

6 - There is no need to worry about best time as there is none other than when you feel the most ready. If we look at the circadian rhythm it might suggest that training late evening is best as our body temperature is highest, which can increase performance and lessen the chance of injuries. However if we look at our testosterone levels training early morning would be best. However no study has shown any of this to be significant, so train when you want.
    Melatonin is a hormone which is balancing our night/day cycles, read something about it before doing such a false statements.

7 - Wrong. AM/PM training is very effective if programmed correctly.
    Therefore, if you start performing twice-a-day workouts and attempt even two days in a row of such training, you could really be asking for trouble.
    A select few individuals may have recovery systems that can handle such a thing, but they are far and few between. You're going to be best off, regardless of whether you're choosing to break a workout up or perform a lower body workout in one session and an upper in the other, to take one day off after a training day. At the very most you could attempt two days in a row if doing a single workout split, but make sure you're getting good quality rest on that third day off.

8 - There is no optimal, it depends on goals. As long as one keep proper form, one should aim to do as many reps as possible which means dont go too slow
    Optimal - the best for a novice who's starting working out. What's so hard to understand? If someone is going to focus on something then he can change his training, as I said there are many other sources.

I wont really go into more points now, as the trend continues. But please, training is never so black and white as you make it and this FAQ is useless.
    First of all - you don't get the point of this thread.
    Second - you're making false statements about things I didn't say.
    Third - do not make stupid assumptions about things I didn't say.
    Fourth - you need to understand this thread more precisely, there are some problems because of the language barrier, I don't know how to say some things in English.
    Fifth - PM me how to improve my FAQ with your ideas and post your sources instead of saying things that you have read somewhere how the "American Scientists from a famous college discovered them!" on weird websites/commercials("professional trainers do not want to talk with him because he discovered a super new formula that is making your muscles bigger!").

But seriously, if you have any good VALID sources then I'd really like to read them. This FAQ wasn't made to do "shitstorm" on the forum, but to help others, to expand their knowledge about bodybuilding. Every of these Answers were very helpful for me and many, many other people who are working out, so I don't consider them as useless.

Quote Originally Posted by icausewipes View Post
    Thank you for taking the time to put this together.

/salute
    I'm trying to do my best.
    Last edited by Eazy; 2014-09-16 at 11:05 PM.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thank you for taking the time to put this together.

/salute
    You cared enough to post.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    26. I want to lower my fat, what should I do? Aerobic training?
    At first you should change your training to sculpture training. Then you have to do aerobic training, but most important thing is that you should change your DIET! The most optimal is doing 30 min of aerobic training 3-4 times a week. Marching, running, cycling.
    The most optimal is running and biking a lot more than that. I suppose not everyone wants to though.

Deleted
    I don't know why i even bother.

This is a basic FAQ for amateurs. I'm pretty sure you're qualified for saying that I'm not qualified.
    Well considering i have a bachelor in nutrition and health and doing my masters in human nutrition with a minor in exercise physiology i think i am more than qualified to tell you that your aren't qualified.

Sure it easy to say "I have a limited knowledge but it is only for novices and therefor it doesn't matter if what i say is wrong". But this is how misconceptions and bad information are spread. You might as well learn it right from the start instead of going in circles trying to improve on wrong learnings. Heck if that were the case we wouldn't still have so much information on like overtraining, protein myths, 5-split programs and so on.

As I said I don't have enough knowledge how to say it. In polish it's mean "sculpturing", it's overall just lovering your body fat. You're wrong because for example there are 2 parts of biceps(bi-ceps, duuh?) and you can train every part of it more precise, so it's something like sculpturing.
    Okay, so apparently doing any sort of lifting is sculpting? All your doing is changing proportions. Your bicep example doesn't point out any flaw in my initial statement, you are still only growing a certain part of the muscle. The shape isn't affected, its only increased.

ou body need to cool off after a big training. Anyway, it's FAQ for amateurs, not professional. Why are you even writing anything about it if you do not read whole post? I said that it's possible to train 6 times a week if you're more experienced. Most people I know who were starting to work out were training 3 days a week and they're fine(including myself).
    Your body needing to cool off is irrelevant in regard to your orignal statement which is what is optimal training frequency. You could have said "3-4 times a week is a good way to start", as soon as you mention optimal you are way above your head.

Do you know what is delayed onset muscles soreness(aka DOMS), probably not.
    Yes do you? DOMS are in no way related to muscle protein synthesis.

I didn't say that it's only PURE strength or PURE muscle mass training. You can get both, but there are types of training that you're focused most on one things.
    If this FAQ is for novices why do you bring og specialization training then?

That's FAQ for novices. Franco Columbu was training 2 hours a day, four times a week and won Mr Olympia in 1976, how many times Layne Norton won it? Oh sorry... Zero.
    Haha really, is that your argument? Guess we should all compare training knowledge to the amount of times someone has won Mr. O.

Melatonin is a hormone which is balancing our night/day cycles, read something about it before doing such a false statements.
    Maybe you should. First i am not sure whatever point you are trying to make. Melatonin levels fluxuate during the day, however peaks during nighttime, this do however not affect performance unless you were trying to train in a dark room. Studies have been conducted with people ingesting 6mg of melatonin prior to working out. There was recorded no significant changes compared to control groups.

Therefore, if you start performing twice-a-day workouts and attempt even two days in a row of such training, you could really be asking for trouble.
    A select few individuals may have recovery systems that can handle such a thing, but they are far and few between. You're going to be best off, regardless of whether you're choosing to break a workout up or perform a lower body workout in one session and an upper in the other, to take one day off after a training day. At the very most you could attempt two days in a row if doing a single workout split, but make sure you're getting good quality rest on that third day off.
    Your mentality must really be "Its on the internet so it must be true". Hardly anything in the above statement is true.

Optimal - the best for a novice who's starting working out. What's so hard to understand? If someone is going to focus on something then he can change his training, as I said there are many other sources.
    It's hard to understand that people dedicate their life to science and research to figure out whats optimal, and suddenly you have all the answers. Either, that is an incredible feat by you, or the more likely option is that you are just plain wrong. You cannot define optimal without assesing the individual, no matter their training experience. You can however, suggest a beginner friendly workout rutine but marking something as optimal is wrong.

But seriously, if you have any good VALID sources then I'd really like to read them. This FAQ wasn't made to do "shitstorm" on the forum, but to help others, to expand their knowledge about bodybuilding. Every of these Answers were very helpful for me and many, many other people who are working out, so I don't consider them as useless.
    There is easily a good amount of sources to choose from out there. The problem is however, you have made a FAQ without any sources to back it up at all. This thread is filled with the same amount of broscience as any other MMO-Champ workout thread, which does not help in spreading misinformation.

You might think the answers are helpful, others might think they are helpful. But they are not.

If i tell a person that wearing a hat to work for 3 years guarantees him a salary raise and he doesn't know better he might thank me and say i've been helpful. However, when he doesn't get his raise and figures the truth he might be annoyed that he didn't know the real answer all along. Bad analogy i know, but point is the same. So many people are taught the wrong concepts about working out at start, and only when they trained for years they figure that their approach has been all wrong cause this 'training guru' didn't have all the right answers anyway.

I'm trying to do my best.[/QUOTE]

You seem like the type of guy who workouts at planet fitness.

Sculpture? You can't shape a muscle, it's all genetics. They grow as they grow, only thing you can control is the rate at which they grow, mass/overall size.

Training for mass means you have to build fat aswell? Impossible to build muscle without gaining weight you say? Have you ever heard of macros? Eating your basal metabolic rate in calories?

Which time of day is best for training? There is no best time, it's when you have free time and feel like getting it done. This type of concern is for lazy people.

Indications for overtraining a usually simple... i don't know why you mention motivation? That is once again for lazy people. Motivation is bullshit, it only gets the ball rolling. Discipline and hardwork is where it matters. If your dick can't get hard, you have insomnia, and constantly sick, you're overtraining. That's how simple it is -- and aslong as you get 6-8hrs sleep, get your nutrition in, it's hard to "overtrain".

I think you're confusing training for mass and sculpture for hypertrophy...

You seriously need to look up something called progressive overload training. With what you're suggesting to people they'll make gains for first few months than peak. I understand this is for beginners, but it sets them off on the wrong path.
    Last edited by Sup3rvillain; 2014-09-17 at 02:11 PM.

Working out is pretty simple, and the people who over complicate it are the ones who lack the discipline to achieve a great physique.

You go to the gym
    Lift weights
    Focus on the contraction and proper form
    Change it up ever so often
    Be critical with your nutrition... you want to gain muscle eat an excess of calories, you want to lose weight, eat at a deficit
    grow

Sure there are ways to get better results and shit like that. But on a beginner level it's pretty straight forward. Just work your ass off and eat right lol it's that simple.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've deleted the bickering and am going to try and leave this thread open. If you want to post constructively and debate with the OP on things you believe he is wrong about, that's fine (I left those). Obviously personal attacks and the like will not be tolerated.

Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    I've deleted the bickering and am going to try and leave this thread open. If you want to post constructively and debate with the OP on things you believe he is wrong about, that's fine (I left those). Obviously personal attacks and the like will not be tolerated.
    No one was attacked personally, OP posted incorrect information and not one, but many people disagreed with him. Yes you can argue that if one person says it's wrong, it's debatable. When numerous say the same, it's factual.

Furthermore no one here had any personal attacks. OP posted false information claiming he is someone in real life, when he is infact not that person. Overall he isn't qualified to give this information, and he is only harming those unaware who listen to him.

Reevaluate your decision, cause i believe this thread should be deleted.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sup3rvillain View Post
    No one was attacked personally, OP posted incorrect information and not one, but many people disagreed with him. Yes you can argue that if one person says it's wrong, it's debatable. When numerous say the same, it's factual.

Furthermore no one here had any personal attacks. OP posted false information claiming he is someone in real life, when he is infact not that person. Overall he isn't qualified to give this information, and he is only harming those unaware who listen to him.

Anybody who reads the thread can also read the replies of the 2 users who disagreed with the OP. I left the posts where you guys specifically cited what you disagreed with. Hopefully this leads to more discussion, with more support for each claim.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    You just deleted a few good posts. I don't get why you do not just delete the whole thread, hopefully enough have been said to understand that this thread will bring nothing good to anyone. The OP is pretending to be someone hes not, and wants people to look up to him and think hes someone smart which he clearly isn't. This thread is full of misinformation, something you hopefully as a moderator of this forum do not support.

Quote Originally Posted by Sup3rvillain View Post

Fully agree.

The thread went off the rails and stopped being constructive very quickly. We don't need to have conversations like that continue.

Closed.