Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Need Photoshop skills or equal, Image enhansing

So, basicly...

The club that i am head coach of have a problem, not a big one but still. the teams only have 1 digital Picture of their logo and we like to add a few more.

What we need is the logo remade in ALOT bigger resulution to be used in Billboards and stuff, but also in situations where u need it printed on papers in sizes from a5-a1

we would also love some different variations of the logo so anyone of you pls just go nuts with Photoshop or whatever u are using and make somthing fun.

The team would really really appriciate any work you would put in to this.

(The Pictures, if u make any, might be used on our website and on flyers in our small Town, just a heads up so by replying with your work here u agree to that)

The teams name is Färingtofta IK or Nightingales
    And this is the only Pictuere we got..

Thx in advance to anyone and everyone.

No offense, but generally work like that comes at a price and before you edit your post to offer compensation, you should probably be aware that business transactions aren't generally allowed on these forums. Did you talk with the members of your team to see if they have any graphic design skills or friends who might be willing to help for free?

I was bored at work so I recreated what you had.

For a much larger version http://i.imgur.com/1JoTBWv.jpg

If you do like this I can send you a vector version that printing/sign places can use for much larger printing.
    Last edited by Ratboy; 2014-09-16 at 07:55 PM.
    "Oh, you know what? You could bitch about anything couldn't you?" - Leonard L. Church

@Bearshield: Yes i am aware of that and that is why i don´t offer compensation, but instead i am putting out a friendly request if someone have some spare time to help out for free.

@Yobtar: Awsome work! That is exactly what i was looking for! This i can use without pixelating, thank you very much! About that Vector version, that would be great if u have the time can you Email it to me? or is it the file to big for that?
    Sent u the Email

/Henrik
    Last edited by Citykid; 2014-09-17 at 08:09 AM.

This makes a little mad, I'm sorry. I am learning to become a webdesigner/webdeveloper and I'm learning how to make logos and other images relevant to websites. It makes my eyes twitch when people come along and ask you to work for free because 'you can make that in 5 minutes'. But I did go to college for 4 years and paid tuition and other expenses to learn how to make this in 5 minutes. I'm glad you got what you wanted, but maybe consider contacting a graphic designer next time and pay them a few bucks to make something nice.

Also, i would like to tell you guys a litle about the team. the team consist of one senior and one team of Children betwine age 3-8 , we dont have any income and we all work there for free. we all just play for fun and our goal is to have a team where everyone can play, not only the great players but everyone that likes football (soccer),

the senior team range from age 16 to age 54, we play in the lowest league and we are placed last with 1 Point so far this year.

That is why i ask if anyone can help out, if noone can, then that is ok but i had to ask, the reason we can´t offer compensation and probably the reason this never have been done is becouse the clubb don´t have any Money really, and since most of the people helping to run the organization never tuched anything digital at all,

Also the organization have a tennis and a bicykle sektion, both wich are completly non profitable aswell.

Best regards

- - - Updated - - -

@Istypop: i hope that reply made sence to you. Otherwise i would like to tell u i work a full time jobb at a grocery store, after that i put about 20h each week on education and team managment to make this 40 kids be able to practise twice a week and have a game each weekend, apart from that i also help maintaining the facilitys...and i never charge a single dime for it!, Why? becouse i like to help other people, i dont get mad becouse other trainers that coach the other teams in this League get betwine 5 and 10k$ each season, i do this becouse i wanna help.

I do understand what u mean when u say that you want me to pay for the service, but i hope u can se that sometimes your litle effort to help can make alot of people happy.

I hope you finns a work and i hope u make a good living when you graduate, but don´t forget to care about other people around you when u do.

I'm sorry, I had no idea that it was for a non profit thing. I apologise for my flare up there, but I hope you understand that today it is a little difficult to get jobs as a starting graphic designer because almost anyone with a basic understanding of programs like Photoshop can and will work for free and for fun.

I understand perfectly, and the misstake is on me, i should have posted it on the OP.

Which other things would you like to add, Citykid? Maybe I can help when I have free time
    Quote Originally Posted by Moxal
    While in a Naxx25 raid near the beginning of wrath, our MT decided to go to the bathroom with his wireless headset on. Unfortunatly, had vent set to voice activated. We heard it all, including the flush, and no hand washing before he said "ok, back, with food!" ...
    Quote Originally Posted by derfel
    Dem trolls don't mess wit da fel. Tis' be bad magic, mon.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Istypops View Post
    This makes a little mad, I'm sorry. I am learning to become a webdesigner/webdeveloper and I'm learning how to make logos and other images relevant to websites. It makes my eyes twitch when people come along and ask you to work for free because 'you can make that in 5 minutes'. But I did go to college for 4 years and paid tuition and other expenses to learn how to make this in 5 minutes. I'm glad you got what you wanted, but maybe consider contacting a graphic designer next time and pay them a few bucks to make something nice.
    makes little sense when he can get something he wants given for free

Quote Originally Posted by rawhammer View Post
    makes little sense when he can get something he wants given for free
    It makes perfect sense, how would you like it if you were lets say an IT tech guy who has studied to repair computers and other office appliances, but some guy that has an interest in computers can fix it aswell, and a company asks him over you because he does it for free. How would you feel? Since this guy asks it to be done for his sports club that doesn't bring in any money I'm ok with it.

Deleted
    Uhh... Makes no sense, whatsoever. If you can get stuff for free, and people are happy to do it for free, then go get it for free. It's not your problem if someone made a mistake in choosing to study something people can learn for free online anyway, and something there's an excess of knowledgeable people for already anyway.

I'm sorry, I had no idea that it was for a non profit thing. I apologise for my flare up there, but I hope you understand that today it is a little difficult to get jobs as a starting graphic designer because almost anyone with a basic understanding of programs like Photoshop can and will work for free and for fun.
    Well, see... That's your problem. Sorry. That's how it goes. I mean, if anyone paid money to learn how to do HTML/CSS/PHP these days, I'd simply shake my head in disbelief. You made a mistake in choosing a bad thing to study, but that's your mistake. Other people need not pay for it.

It makes perfect sense, how would you like it if you were lets say an IT tech guy who has studied to repair computers and other office appliances, but some guy that has an interest in computers can fix it aswell, and a company asks him over you because he does it for free. How would you feel? Since this guy asks it to be done for his sports club that doesn't bring in any money I'm ok with it.
    People aren't there to pay you money because you've hurt your feelings.

I mean damn man... Just head on over to stackoverflow and see the amount of free coding advice being given to anyone who just cares to ask for it. People who paid tuition to learn that shit aren't crying all over that site about how the advice, and actual finished code, is being given away for free. I'm sure there's a similar site for Photoshop shit. It's completely normal, and happens every day.
    Last edited by mmoc3ff0cc8be0; 2014-09-17 at 09:03 AM.

@Sarow: To be honest i Don´t really know: The things i can come up with in my head is just things like : Something to use as a header on our FB page, maybe a background for our team meatings that i´d like to try to do in a Powerpoint presentation or use as a backround when Printing flyers for upcoming games / information piktures that we post sometimes on the street.

Our team colors are Black and yellow with a litle red in it sometimes...

well as i said, i have really bad imagination and so on, just want to build up a litle folder with fun/nice and cool Pictures to use from time to time..and i know i have seen some of you do Signatures here and alot of those are awsome work.

Tldr; surprise me

Deleted
    I'd feel that i had marketed myself poorly to the potential client....being angry with the company for not choosing you to fix their IT equipment is solely their choice - no point being angry about it.

If you believe you add value to the service they want performed that deserves a financial reward then good for you - market yourself to them on that basis. end of the day though, if they dont value what you offer they dont have to take you up on it. If someone offers the service they want for free, then good for them. /shrug.

Deleted
    I work as a web developer myself, and if someone asked me to make stuff I can make in an hour or less, there's no way I'd be asking for them to pay for it, because anyone can make stuff like that, like I said, in an hour or less.

When you get asked to do stuff like this, you often do it gladly, just to get the practice.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Uhh... Makes no sense, whatsoever. If you can get stuff for free, and people are happy to do it for free, then go get it for free. It's not your problem if someone made a mistake in choosing to study something people can learn for free online anyway, and something there's an excess of knowledgeable people for already anyway.

Well, see... That's your problem. Sorry. That's how it goes. I mean, if anyone paid money to learn how to do HTML/CSS/PHP these days, I'd simply shake my head in disbelief. You made a mistake in choosing a bad thing to study, but that's your mistake. Other people need not pay for it.

People aren't there to pay you money because you've hurt your feelings.

I mean damn man... Just head on over to stackoverflow and see the amount of free coding advice being given to anyone who just cares to ask for it. People who paid tuition to learn that shit aren't crying all over that site about how the advice, and actual finished code, is being given away for free. I'm sure there's a similar site for Photoshop shit. It's completely normal, and happens every day.
    Wow just wow, thank you for judging my life choices good sir. You can learn how to be a mechanic on the internet aswell, just watch a few youtube videos, how hard can it be. If you want quality, you pay for something, you don't get anyone to do it for free. My rant wasn't necesarily aimed at the OP but to people in general, after OP explained what it was for I quickly apologised and didn't think bad of him in anyway, in fact I commend his kindness towards his community. And I am not saying I should get paid because my 'feelings' got hurt, I was just making an example people could maybe relate to more.

Deleted
    The people who do the best work often do stuff for free simply because they're bored, and because it comes easy for them. People who charge for stuff that can be made in minutes I wouldn't trust to make anything for me.

Wow just wow, thank you for judging my life choices good sir. You can learn how to be a mechanic on the internet aswell, just watch a few youtube videos, how hard can it be.
    You don't learn Photoshop at school. You don't learn web development at school. You don't learn how to be a mechanic at school. You learn the basics at school, and get very, very little experience actually doing the stuff. You then learn how to actually do all of that stuff by doing it. Repetition. Experience. Stuff you'll never get at school.

Hence, if you can get the basics free online, then it would be completely moronic to pay for them. I know this first hand - I had some courses, of which I actually didn't pay a cent as it was part of an apprenticeship, where there were people there who had been like designers and craftspeople and stuff like that, who now wanted to be web developers and learn the stuff related to that. Well, it turns out the stuff that was taught on those courses I could teach in fifteen minutes, and it was stuff you could learn by watching a Youtube video. In fact, most of the lectures were so bad, you'd actually learn tons more from well made videos.

And these people were paying like 300-400 euros for the course. I mean what the hell!? Imagine what the lecturers make, and for what? Absolutely nothing! I felt so sad for the girls there especially; I hear one of them bitching on and on during a recess about how "some people just attend these courses and play games while we pay hundreds of euros to learn" or something. Well, I played games for the most of the time mainly because there was absolutely nothing worth listening to coming from the front of the class.

I'm sorry if it felt like I "judged" you, but look, things are what they are. You've made your choices. I hope you get something out of it.
    Last edited by mmoc3ff0cc8be0; 2014-09-17 at 09:16 AM.

So why not get everything for free then? Why even pay for food if you can just go to your local farmer and steal the carrots from his land? That's really easy isn't it?

Good for the people that get their shit for free, very nice, but I think of the man that normally gets paid to do a service and now has to compete with people that do it for free. I'm sorry I'm standing up for the little man...

Quote Originally Posted by Yobtar View Post
    I was bored at work so I recreated what you had.

For a much larger version http://i.imgur.com/1JoTBWv.jpg

If you do like this I can send you a vector version that printing/sign places can use for much larger printing.
    Nice job, but you got a few errors.
    - Font does not match in both the name as the letters in the shield. (look at the G, it's not in the middle like the original logo).
    - All red borders should be same thickness.
    - Shape of the shield is not exactly the same as well.

Deleted
    So why not get everything for free then? Why even pay for food if you can just go to your local farmer and steal the carrots from his land? That's really easy isn't it?

Good for the people that get their shit for free, very nice, but I think of the man that normally gets paid to do a service and now has to compete with people that do it for free. I'm sorry I'm standing up for the little man...

um because that's stealing?

people only have to pay for services they believe are worth paying for. If the service provider is happy to accept no financial reward for their effort then that's between the client and them - nothing to do with you. if you think you have something superior to offer - then offer it.

you make little sense and sound a bit butt hurt tbh. easy up mate!